PDA

View Full Version : coolant water mixing with oil??? maybe

jcvietboi
07-22-2007, 04:09 PM
well this morning i clean my car and i open the reservois that have water coolant it it and i check and i found out that my water coolant is not green-ish clear color--but is have dark light clear brown color mixing with it...what can it be...hope fully is not blown head gasket !

Agent Smith
07-22-2007, 04:24 PM
when was the last time you changed your coolant? flush it. also leak down test asap to see if it's a blown head gasket...

littletruong
07-23-2007, 10:48 AM
if you got white smoke coming out of your exhaust then its probably a head gasket problem!

Agent Smith
07-23-2007, 11:19 AM
if you got white smoke coming out of your exhaust then its probably a head gasket problem!

it was a blown head gasket...

if it's an f23, it makes perfect sense... those things always fall appart...

jcvietboi
07-23-2007, 01:47 PM
it was a blown head gasket...

if it's an f23, it makes perfect sense... those things always fall appart...

well i flush my radiator out..and how to do leak down test.....because i flush my radiator out...and i pull new coolant in and i open the radiator cap and i can see oil is bubbleing up from the engine to my coolant ....well i call the shop and they said...maybe is not your head gasket but is might be your head or block that crack...oh lord.... what else do you guy think....is was....well i read on the net..failing head gasket ( blown head gasket ) cause the oil to mix with coolant to due to over heating....but my car not overheating....so i dont know i hope is not my head or block...and hope god help me is just a head gasket..but if is the block or head then im screw....no more 6thgen accord..

Agent Smith
07-23-2007, 02:26 PM
well i flush my radiator out..and how to do leak down test.....because i flush my radiator out...and i pull new coolant in and i open the radiator cap and i can see oil is bubbleing up from the engine to my coolant ....well i call the shop and they said...maybe is not your head gasket but is might be your head or block that crack...oh lord.... what else do you guy think....is was....well i read on the net..failing head gasket ( blown head gasket ) cause the oil to mix with coolant to due to over heating....but my car not overheating....so i dont know i hope is not my head or block...and hope god help me is just a head gasket..but if is the block or head then im screw....no more 6thgen accord..

no offense to you, but 6th gens SUCK motor wise & trans wise that is...

and I'd tear off the head & see if it's a head gasket or what, simple enough...

rushbuster70
07-23-2007, 04:23 PM
same thing happened to my civic...it was a blown head gasket...better hope for that instead of a cracked head or block...btw my car didnt really overheat either...sometimes here and there but it wasnt all the time

jcvietboi
07-23-2007, 05:23 PM
yea i know alot of people liek 98 percent of person i ask and tehy all said ...HG...well mm ok...

da0NE2nv
07-23-2007, 07:53 PM
The Shop Jus Wants Your Money. It Has To Be You Headgasket.

jcvietboi
07-23-2007, 08:01 PM
The Shop Jus Wants Your Money. It Has To Be You Headgasket.

well i dont know and they try to make me paid 42 buck for them to take a look at it !

Agent Smith
07-23-2007, 08:16 PM
well i dont know and they try to make me paid 42 buck for them to take a look at it !

just replace the headgasket already. inspect the head & block when you have them appart, but is SHOULD be fine... check the head for warping too.

jcvietboi
07-23-2007, 08:43 PM
just replace the headgasket already. inspect the head & block when you have them appart, but is SHOULD be fine... check the head for warping too.

yes finally another comment can calm me down..thank bro..>!! but i will go to tsp tomorrow or something and i will try to see what happen to it and when i fix it ill try to go to tsp and tell pete to check the block and head for me !!thank bro that really come me down !

mooshin
07-23-2007, 08:43 PM
Unscrew the oil filler cap, and flip it over. Does it have any slimy sludge on it that seems to be anything but oil? Do the same with your coolant fill cap.

jcvietboi
07-23-2007, 09:04 PM
Unscrew the oil filler cap, and flip it over. Does it have any slimy sludge on it that seems to be anything but oil? Do the same with your coolant fill cap.

yes i did do that...the oil cap seem very fine and teh oil still at it color....but the coolant have oil in it..and milkshake also....and blacken the coolant teh oil is fine..!!

rushbuster70
07-23-2007, 11:03 PM
so what did you decide to do???

jcvietboi
07-23-2007, 11:20 PM
im deciding tomorrow to go and get the compression test ...for another 85 buck..and damn it is scare me because is will give me the result of what wwrong with it..and i hope is a HG..because im really scare..man...well my friend said if u have no oil leaking to out side of an engine or drop to the garage floor then is definately no a crack head or block..so is must be a head gasket..but im really scare...right now....and if the result come on...and low psi in 2 cylinder then im relieve because is a HG ...and after that ill try to go and get it fix for cheap...!!

nuocmam
07-24-2007, 12:24 PM
im deciding tomorrow to go and get the compression test ...for another 85 buck[...]cheap!!

dude this is something you should do on your own, you want to save money, i assume, thats why you use the word "cheap" alot but you are gonna spend 85 bucks on a compression test? you can do it yourself for under 50 bucks

geez btw if you had a blown head gasket and have delayed all this time and drived around on it, you definately hurting yourself much much more

rushbuster70
07-24-2007, 06:36 PM
geez btw if you had a blown head gasket and have delayed all this time and drived around on it, you definately hurting yourself much much more

i figured this out the hard way but i didnt know mine was blown :(

jcvietboi
07-24-2007, 07:14 PM
dude this is something you should do on your own, you want to save money, i assume, thats why you use the word "cheap" alot but you are gonna spend 85 bucks on a compression test? you can do it yourself for under 50 bucks

well rigth now i really depress rigth now...here are the choice i have and dont have

1.i donty have 2500..
2.my cousin dad let me borrow 2500 for the motorswap. ( 10% chance he will let me borrow)
3.my mom will let me borrow 2500 for the swap( impossible =( ) lol
4..ill drive my car with cracked head or block and flush my radiator out every week and refill againt and againt..until june NEXT YEAR..and my insurance paid up my last accident money..then i will be swap a new engine in..

about the compression test...me and one of my new frind will help me to do the compression testing tomorrow night when i go rent the compression tester tomorrow....and please damn it i hope is a head gasket..if the result come on with 2 cylinder have low psi then i know is a head gasket and ill be happy...but if all 4 cylinder have teh same psi..then i know is not the head gasket but is a cracked head or block :hithead:

allmotorgsr
07-24-2007, 08:40 PM
hahaha u think u might have cracked a sleeve and ur gonna drive it until next year?
good luck man:blunt:

Agent Smith
07-24-2007, 09:16 PM
a) stop driving on that car NOW
b) go buy a compression tester for $25 at autozone/checker/harbor freight & do the damn test yourself
c) odds are it's a blown head gasket, quit panicking, the more you drive on it with it blown the more likely you'll fuck up the head or block! If some shop want to charge you $2500, then don't bother, walk away unless you like getting your wallet raped!
d) go to: http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/ and purchase a new head gasket for your car, also I'd suggest new head bolts/studs.
e) if you don't have tools go spend a couple hundred bucks at harbor freight getting some basic tools, OR find a friend that has some you can use....
f) remove the head from the block, bring the head to a machine shop to check for warping and if it is warped mill it down a tad, if it's not them great, put on new head gasket & bolt that shit together again!!!
g) start that bitch up & your good to go

also if you haven't already downloaded a helms manual for your car, do so now. follow their directions :)

jcvietboi
07-24-2007, 09:35 PM
oh yea sure all that work i can do that and alway have friend help me..but first of all no money second off all that car is my daily driven..so bicth at me pleaseee !!

jcvietboi
07-24-2007, 09:37 PM
a) stop driving on that car NOW
b) go buy a compression tester for $25 at autozone/checker/harbor freight & do the damn test yourself
c) odds are it's a blown head gasket, quit panicking, the more you drive on it with it blown the more likely you'll fuck up the head or block! If some shop want to charge you $2500, then don't bother, walk away unless you like getting your wallet raped!
d) go to: http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/ and purchase a new head gasket for your car, also I'd suggest new head bolts/studs.
e) if you don't have tools go spend a couple hundred bucks at harbor freight getting some basic tools, OR find a friend that has some you can use....
f) remove the head from the block, bring the head to a machine shop to check for warping and if it is warped mill it down a tad, if it's not them great, put on new head gasket & bolt that shit together again!!!
g) start that bitch up & your good to go

also if you haven't already downloaded a helms manual for your car, do so now. follow their directions :)

and also i will rent a compressor tester tomorrow and preludedrew will help me out to test it.

Agent Smith
07-24-2007, 09:49 PM
4 options:
1) take it to a shop & get charged a lot of $$$
2) fix it yourself & save a lot of money, gain experience, etc etc. still cost you money
3) keep driving it & hoping it lasts you a few months until something worse happens
4) sell it CHEAP and buy a decent running beater car that doesn't need major work, and actually learn to SAVE money for things like this because SHIT HAPPENS, you gotta be ready for it...

jcvietboi
07-24-2007, 09:56 PM
4 options:
1) take it to a shop & get charged a lot of $$$
2) fix it yourself & save a lot of money, gain experience, etc etc. still cost you money
3) keep driving it & hoping it lasts you a few months until something worse happens
4) sell it CHEAP and buy a decent running beater car that doesn't need major work, and actually learn to SAVE money for things like this because SHIT HAPPENS, you gotta be ready for it...

do u think i dont wanan save up my money ??? do u think i want this to happen ??? im sorry my friend...but yea...and my sckool to my house is only 3 mile....!! thank god !!

Agent Smith
07-24-2007, 10:00 PM
do u think i dont wanan save up my money ??? do u think i want this to happen ??? im sorry my friend...but yea...and my sckool to my house is only 3 mile....!! thank god !!

lol. everybody wants to save money, and everyone can save money. No one ever wants anything bad to happen, but shit does happen to everyone. having your work & school that close, shit just get a bike & ride that until you can get the funds together to fix your car on your own, you'll save more money in the long run too. I'm only trying to help, sorry if I come off as an ass sometimes.

skabone
07-24-2007, 10:53 PM
JC, who quoted you $2500? I had my stock swap done for $1600 including labor, and the parts including the engine.

jcvietboi
07-24-2007, 11:35 PM
JC, who quoted you $2500? I had my stock swap done for $1600 including labor, and the parts including the engine.

some dude in phoenix and if u said u have a stock swap done for 1600 including labor and the part including teh engine then where the hell is this...please show me....i have around 1400 right now..on my hand....by selling hella shit..and can u tell em ??

skabone
07-25-2007, 08:37 AM
some dude in phoenix and if u said u have a stock swap done for 1600 including labor and the part including teh engine then where the hell is this...please show me....i have around 1400 right now..on my hand....by selling hella shit..and can u tell em ??
the price depends on how much the engine cost you. talk to pete at tsp about what they will charge. pete can find you an engine and the price will vary depending on what kind of milage is on the engine.

jcvietboi
07-25-2007, 03:30 PM
ok i find a f23a1 out of a 02 ex special edition and only have 40k on it..and is only cost 400...and i have the money to buy the engine but i dont have the money to get it install for me.....and i just tell my mom that my motor is crack and i have a big ass lecture and a fucking shit argue with her..and she blah blah blah blah for how i drive my car and not take care of it...well now i fucking give the key back to her...( is used to be her car and she give it to me and i paid for it ) and i will stop driving it...and the car is still running now...but when she drive it..and she warp the head then that her fucking problem..and is will cost her more then now to get it fix.....and i wont drive the car anymore.....i just drive my wife lexus then

Agent Smith
07-25-2007, 04:38 PM
ok i find a f23a1 out of a 02 ex special edition and only have 40k on it..and is only cost 400...and i have the money to buy the engine but i dont have the money to get it install for me.....and i just tell my mom that my motor is crack and i have a big ass lecture and a fucking shit argue with her..and she blah blah blah blah for how i drive my car and not take care of it...well now i fucking give the key back to her...( is used to be her car and she give it to me and i paid for it ) and i will stop driving it...and the car is still running now...but when she drive it..and she warp the head then that her fucking problem..and is will cost her more then now to get it fix.....and i wont drive the car anymore.....i just drive my wife lexus then

english translation?

what I got out of it: your married, the car is your mom's but she gave it to you & odds are you never got the title in your name, thus it isn't really yours, she's driving it and making it worse... ???something like that?

jcvietboi
07-25-2007, 04:59 PM
english translation?

what I got out of it: your married, the car is your mom's but she gave it to you & odds are you never got the title in your name, thus it isn't really yours, she's driving it and making it worse... ???something like that?

well im try to tell her let me borrow the money and i fix the car and i will switch to my name...because she bought that car but i paid it ever since is been bought but i was having a bad credit because due to one late bill and so she bought the car for me and her name ..!

jakellama123
07-25-2007, 05:44 PM
that sucks. poke her eyes out get money outta her purse. then fix it! haha. brian with the v6 accord coupe is selling his for 6k

jcvietboi
07-25-2007, 06:22 PM
that sucks. poke her eyes out get money outta her purse. then fix it! haha. brian with the v6 accord coupe is selling his for 6k

6k haha hope he get a good luck !