PDA

View Full Version : Going out of town EK checklist?

bballcrazy15
07-25-2007, 09:00 AM
So I'm taking my EK to Cali tomorrow, just wondering if there any thing I should get checked/changed as far as making sure it gets there lol! I just fot the oil changed, and I checked my tire pressure.

Chinky
07-25-2007, 09:18 AM
i did one of these in my ek

i did a tune up. spark plugs air filter etc.

make sure u take some tools and a spare. some water.

check ur brakes n all too

GL should be fine

my99ctr
07-25-2007, 11:36 AM
i agree that's a pretty good check list if you really want to bring some hose with u various sizes just to stay on the safe side

bballcrazy15
07-25-2007, 02:38 PM
cool spark plugs sounds good and easy.. did u tune it yourself?

Chinky
07-25-2007, 02:43 PM
cool spark plugs sounds good and easy.. did u tune it yourself?

the tune up me and a friend did

rotor cap
spark plugs
fuel filter
air filter

MichaelKnight
07-28-2007, 06:02 PM
Fluids, Brakes, Tires, Snacks, Chicks, and Condoms - Be safe!

blackouthx
07-30-2007, 03:50 PM
^^^ somebody make a sticky out of this lol some useful info

Daddy_Digital
07-30-2007, 04:50 PM
dude, its a trip to cali. ull be fine. check ur fluids, check ur tires, and thats it. i think you should take the chance while ur taking this trip to check how many MPGs u get. its something to do. im from cali (san diego) and thats all i do. now, when i get back, i usually change the oil. have fun out there..enjpy the weather. u wont want to come back to AZ lol

cali4life9092002
07-30-2007, 04:51 PM
its a civic. drive it to florida and back. once or twice and it'll still be a champ for you when you get home

2.0eg-si
07-30-2007, 06:01 PM
yeah man youll deffinately be fine but better safe than sorry you know? have fun man

JDM_SLO
07-30-2007, 07:01 PM
Clean your distributor.. lol

funky_cornbread
08-02-2007, 09:50 AM
check the kanuder valve and muffler bearings.

MichaelKnight
08-07-2007, 04:24 PM
check the kanuder valve and muffler bearings.

top off the blinker fluid too! :tongue:

sssmokin05si
08-07-2007, 06:31 PM
Went to payson and back in my single cam ek with 82k miles this past weekend and not one problem. I was so scared of a blowout cause the tires are on the dry side. Getting new tires tomorrow thank God.

hawaii_DA6
08-08-2007, 09:47 AM
So I'm taking my EK to Cali tomorrow, just wondering if there any thing I should get checked/changed as far as making sure it gets there lol! I just fot the oil changed, and I checked my tire pressure.

The most overlooked issue nowdays is Tire Pressure. No one checks them any more. back in the day, people would perform an air press check every week. It is the one single thing you can do to your vehicle to increase fuel milage the most. I inflate to 40 - 42psi on road trips. I even logged my milage in city one month. Trust me, inflate your tires to 2 psi under your max and you will see a huge diference in road feel, accel, milage, rolling cruise, ect.

Depending on Ambient temp, road surface temp, and tire cond. use good judjment when inflating your tires.

Be safe.

funky_cornbread
08-08-2007, 01:53 PM
The most overlooked issue nowdays is Tire Pressure. No one checks them any more. back in the day, people would perform an air press check every week. It is the one single thing you can do to your vehicle to increase fuel milage the most. I inflate to 40 - 42psi on road trips. I even logged my milage in city one month. Trust me, inflate your tires to 2 psi under your max and you will see a huge diference in road feel, accel, milage, rolling cruise, ect.

Depending on Ambient temp, road surface temp, and tire cond. use good judjment when inflating your tires.

Be safe.

remember to change from winter air in your tires to summer air and visa versa come winter again.