PDA

View Full Version : buddy club voltage stabilizer

I Hate Import Cars
07-27-2007, 10:07 AM
so, i bought a used voltage stabilizer, and it's in good shape and all, but no installation instructions. Anyone know where it hooks up? The neg and pos battery is obvious, but the other 3 cables coming out? Anyone know where I can go online to maybe print the original instructions?

I Hate Import Cars
07-27-2007, 10:08 AM
and I'm retarded and just realized that this is probably inappropriate for the lounge. Mods? Move it to wherever it needs to be. Sorry. :(

I Hate Import Cars
07-27-2007, 10:42 AM
you ever re-read something you write and realize that you are the most vague person there ever was? My question is this; there are 3 grounding cables on the unit. Do those need to go to specific locations? I'd imagine so. Where would those be?

91DA9
07-27-2007, 10:45 AM
One would probably be on the tranny ground strap, then where the ground wire connects to the battery holder....Third one I'm not sure about....

Kinetic
07-27-2007, 11:22 AM
im ing buddy club

18c
07-27-2007, 11:25 AM
I think the alternator, somewhere on the head so either on the valvecover or im, and transmition or the vtec solenoid are usually used. There are more than 3 grounding points to use, it seems really based off peoples preference as to where to ground it. btw if its a buddy club that light gets really annoying.

I Hate Import Cars
07-27-2007, 11:42 AM
I think the alternator, somewhere on the head so either on the valvecover or im, and transmition or the vtec solenoid are usually used. There are more than 3 grounding points to use, it seems really based off peoples preference as to where to ground it. btw if its a buddy club that light gets really annoying.

YA as soon as i saw the pics on buddy clubs site about it, I thought, "that's going to piss me off almost immediately" I got ahold of them, and they said run 1 to the throttle body bolt, one to the alternator bracket, and one to any body ground.

Kinetic
07-27-2007, 12:51 PM
yup

18c
07-27-2007, 10:25 PM
yah i took mines off and painted over the light so it wouldnt be as annoying. I just have been to busy/lazy to put it back on. "cool blue led" would be better if it wasnt on all the time. it actually did prevent my lights from dimming though.