PDA

View Full Version : Motor Break in?

18c
07-28-2007, 10:51 PM
anyone read this before http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm ???

It has some good points, but mainly im not sure what to do now.

hawaii_DA6
07-28-2007, 11:10 PM
That was an Intresting write-up, and it seems he is a reputed guy.

But the fact is, Nomatter where you go, what shops say what, and who you speak too: Everyone will have a different break-in method they swear by.

But what he says definately makes a lot of sense.

Daddy_Digital
07-28-2007, 11:55 PM
hmm that explains alot. makes sense to me.

sn_halo
07-29-2007, 03:29 AM
i read that and tried to follow it but my engine start up was fuked up LMFAO

I Hate Import Cars
07-29-2007, 03:54 PM
ask 30 different people and you'll get 30 different answers. I will fire up the motor, get timing set, check for leaks, then break in the cams by running at 2500 rpm for 25 minutes. then shut it off, chenge iol and filter, and drive it. End of story. Just keep a real close eye on your oil levels, as that is a good indicator of wheather your rings have seated or not. In my B16 I had Joe dyno and tune it within the first 2 hours of engine life, and it's doing just fine. But it's all up to your personal preference.

18c
07-30-2007, 11:02 PM
im thinking of getting my car towed to get it tuned and break it in on the dyno too, but i dont have a personal preference yet since this is the first motor that i have that is new in some sorts.

I Hate Import Cars
07-31-2007, 10:45 AM
i was going to do that too, but finally said fuck it and drove it to Joes place (Locash) and it was fine. just make sure you use the stock injectors and timing settings or else to ecu could have problems with running bigger injectors and things like that.

18c
07-31-2007, 03:03 PM
well i have the equipment to street tune it so i could get away with running the injectors with the resistor box. however im going to get it tuned professionally as i put to much into this to screw it up on my tune. I do have triple A so towing it isnt really the problem, im more unsure of if this is how i want to do the break in and tune.

Im thinking about possibly just doing the swap and then breaking it in N/A for a little bit, however i hate to have to put on parts just to take it out.