PDA

View Full Version : Idle Air Problem

jag_312407
08-01-2007, 04:56 PM
:hi: everybody, I have a 99 Civic EX, and I have a little problem with it that I wanted to get other inputs on. I posted this question on another forum (guess that was my first problem:hithead:) and didn't get one reply, but hope i have better luck here,this is the full description of what’s going on.

My check engine light is on and I get the P0505 code from the diagnostic tool, which if I am right, is an idle air control problem. If rev up to about 1,500rpms they starts to fluctuate up and down. If I continue to rev higher it normalizes until I get to about 3,500rpms, at which point it starts to fluctuate again. When this happens as I’m driving it will just pull or bog a little when I shift gears.

I did do some research here on the forum and looked through some posts and it led me to the idle air control valve, cleaning that didn’t do anything. I also read somewhere that you can test the valve simply by unplugging it while it is on and it does seem to be on.

Has anyone had a similar problem? Thanks in advance

MorningWood
08-01-2007, 05:48 PM
i have the same part thats broken the i.a.c valve but mine doesnt do anything like urs .. it just idles REALLY low at like 200 or 500 .. to buy a new one is 185 at tokyo speed pros

tokyospeedpros
08-01-2007, 05:50 PM
I hate how expensive these things are. All the used ones I have ever bought were bad too so new expensive part is pretty much only option unless you get one off an engine known to be good and running.