PDA

View Full Version : Emissions

B18CivicEJ8
08-02-2007, 12:22 PM
Hi all! I'm new and this is my first posting. After reading several posts, it seems like this community is active and helpful unlike many other honda forums. Anyway, I have a problem for which I hope I can get good suggestions.

I have a 99 Civic EX which is OBD2B. I swapped in a JDM B18C OBD1 motor/ecu with a jumper harness. As you all know, this will not pass emissions in AZ. I do have a virgin USDM p72 ecu from a 98 GSR which is OBD2A. I have a OBD2B to OBD2A jumper harness.

I performed the CKF bypass trick shown here http://technet.ff-squad.com/ckftrick.htm on the jumper harness. I believe since it is a JDM motor, I have a JDM VTEC solenoid which doesn't have the oil pressure switch built in. I bypassed it on the jumper harness by connecting it to the VTEC solenoid wire.

My question is do I have to swap out my injectors and distributor internals in order to get a OBD2A USDM P72 ecu to work on my JDM B18C OBD1 motor? What else must I swap in order to convert my OBD1 engine to OBD2 to pass emissions? All my emission devices are there including EVAP purge solenoid, EVAP canister, both O2 sensors, etc. Is there any shop in the valley that will take on this task? I am way overdue for tags so I need to get this done ASAP. TIA for any help!

**Edit, I just looked at my solenoid, and I do have a VTEC oil pressure switch. I guess I will have to re-solder that wire on the jumper harness...

cbaracing
08-02-2007, 01:45 PM
My question is do I have to swap out my injectors and distributor internals in order to get a OBD2A USDM P72 ecu to work on my JDM B18C OBD1 motor?

no