PDA

View Full Version : Crank case Pressure Breather Kets. . . ex:Endyn ??How important are they??

rexnaz
08-06-2007, 02:56 AM
?

I Hate Import Cars
08-06-2007, 12:04 PM
Very important. Even for n/a cars, so you know FI cars DEF need them. any b revving more than 7k can get in a bad way with crank case pressure. can't speak for the other series. Best bet is to use the Endyn setup at www.theoldone.com. For the money that's your best bet. You don't want to run a sealed catch can. You need to vent that pressure somewhere. Get a baffled and vented catch can. I am making one for my car right now. Should be going in on wed or thurs. Two -12 lines off of the valve cover to the top of a vented and baffled catch can, then two -12 drain backs from the bottom of the catch can to the back of the block. either modify your stock breather box ("the black box") or block it off completely and buy the fettings that honda sells (and the seals) for the back of the block on either side of the oil filter. Don't forget to colse off the vacuum port on the mani that went to the stock breather box. Also the line from the block into the stock breather box should be closed off.

Honda part # 11107-PK2-003 this is the fitting

12207-634-300 these are the washers

Hope this helps. Oh, and if you dan't have a b series, completely disregard everything I just said.

Tage
08-06-2007, 01:58 PM
Keep in mind that if you vent the breather to the atmosphere that this setup is not street legal and it will not pass emissions. Use a PCV valve and connect it to the vacuum port on the intake manifold when you go to do emissions.

Granted some guys at the emssions place do not know the difference but some do and it's just not worth the headache of a return trip to the emissions place.

I Hate Import Cars
08-06-2007, 02:13 PM
Keep in mind that if you vent the breather to the atmosphere that this setup is not street legal and it will not pass emissions. Use a PCV valve and connect it to the vacuum port on the intake manifold when you go to do emissions.

Granted some guys at the emssions place do not know the difference but some do and it's just not worth the headache of a return trip to the emissions place.

Very true. Forgot to mention that. ;)

rexnaz
08-06-2007, 05:18 PM
thx for info