PDA

View Full Version : help, car wont start, think its the alternator

gcboy90
08-08-2007, 12:02 PM
so last night, i was just driving around, everything was fine, i stop at sonic and talk to some friends for a while

i go to turn my car back on, and i hear my starter clicking, but... nothing else is working, my alternator wont crank to get my motor to turn

so.... is my suspicion right? is it the alternato?

Mr.Burner
08-08-2007, 12:12 PM
What?? your alternator has nothing to do with starting......alternators dont crank my friend.
1st. check your battery for volts.....
2nd. check your ground from trans to frame rail. and connections, like battery terminals, and starter cable...
3rd. when vehicle is running, check alternator vlts...should be around 14.40 or so..

Lets stick to the basics here...

BlownspeakerBoX
08-11-2007, 09:58 PM
hmmm the alternator wont crank..that is very suspicious sally...havent been on it months...glad to see you havent lost your touch gc boy..
1. call one of your buddies that knows what there doin
2. supply your buddy with a 12 pack for fixin your ride.
3. pull your car in your moms garage. Leave the engine running
4. close the garage and open your windows
5. follow the light

lucid
08-15-2007, 09:15 PM
Lmao

Crisgo
08-16-2007, 10:07 AM
jump start your car. when running disconnect the neg. cable (black cable) if the car die's when you disconnect the neg cable your alternator has taken a shit. A bad alternator on a running car will run the battery out, especially at night when lights are on or with a/c, radio on. (added electrical loads)

werd
10-28-2007, 07:41 PM
does your starter click once or a continuous click?

gcboy90
10-28-2007, 07:42 PM
this is old news... fixed it, it was a loose ground and a loose battery connection... thanks