PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! tips on how to REMOVE ABS on a teggy!!

jdmeman
08-08-2007, 06:24 PM
what up people!! im new here in AZ and i was wondering if anyone knew how to remove the ABS on a 96 teggy!!?? i heard its pretty simple, but no one ever told me on how exactly to do it.

Daddy_Digital
08-08-2007, 06:48 PM
why do people do that? my car, when i bought it, doesnt have ABS. any reason?

FueledSales
08-08-2007, 08:20 PM
its pretty simple, pm for instructions.

mooshin
08-08-2007, 09:54 PM
why do people do that?

ABS on any car is pretty annoying to me. But when you have ABS on a car with different wheels/tires, and stiffer suspension, it's twice as bad. Imagine trying to brake over slightly uneven pavement and having the brake pedal slap the bottom of your foot. It really is annoying and takes the responsiveness out of the brake pedal. I've actually had it knock my foot off the pedal before on my FA. Not a favorite safety feature for me.

Tage
08-08-2007, 11:26 PM
Nothing personal and I'm not calling you out "mooshin" but those that think they can outbrake an ABS unit I think are retard. If the system is acting wack, it's probably not working right. Additionally, uneven pavement and suspension that is too stiff doesn't mix too well with ABS (or non-ABS). If you have a proper suspension/tire setup ABS will kick ass. About the only time ABS sucks is on dirt/gravel. There's a reason it is banned in nearly every form of professional motorsports.

Mooshin, it sounds like you have your car setup too stiff and the ABS is kicking in premature due to your tires going airborne momentarily over the uneven pavement. Get softer springs or soften up your shocks and I bet the car will brake better and overall handle better. Stiff does not always equal better.

jdmeman
08-13-2007, 10:40 AM
well the reason i wna take mine out is cause im starting to have problems with it, it starts to buzz really loud when im just driving down the road, and its leaking, and the ABS light turns on from time to time, and there is days it just wont work at all!! so i just decided to try and get rid of it then buy new stuff and replace it, i also like the way the engine bay looks without it, looks alot cleaner i think.

boostedrex
08-13-2007, 11:56 PM
it looks a lot cleaner without it

jdmeman
08-25-2007, 09:23 AM
sooooo does anyone know how to remove it??