PDA

View Full Version : theft detourant tricks?

Charb1618
08-09-2007, 04:08 PM
I haden't even had my car in AZ a month at it was jacked. Admitedly, zero protection. I got lucky and got my car back only missing the stereo.

plan to add:
full coverage insurance
alarm
fuel pump kill switch (hidden)
battery kill switch (hidden)
quick release steering wheel
probably be pulling my ecu most of the time too

Overkill? My first impressions of living here in AZ are not good. I live in an apt and work for a couple restaraunts that lack safe places to park. I can't tell you how nerv-racking my life has just become. I knew the risks bringing a car like mine to AZ, and still lacked the proper insurance (pun intended) to help keep her from being jacked.

-hangs head in shame-

bmxican
08-10-2007, 02:48 AM
make sure your quick release has the lock on it aswell.

What kind of alarm are you gonna use? This can mean a whole lot.

Chiodos
08-10-2007, 05:51 AM
Overkill?

you can NEVER have too much security! i would get this.....
http://www.trunkmonkeyad.com/4wmv.htm

Chinky
08-10-2007, 07:34 AM
I knew the risks bringing a car like mine to AZ

let's see some pictures of this car...

anyway you got a long way to go

u missed

hood pin
hatch pin
tilt sensor
back up battery
multiple sirens
gps if u can afford it

toggle kill swaitches aren't all that awsome as most everyone knows where they're "hidden"

i would also do 4 dr handles

and some OEM rain guards, gotta be oem tho cause they actually screw to the door instead fake ass stick on ones

wheel locks if u don't already have them

oh yea... and a garage

lojack
08-10-2007, 08:30 AM
gotta love the trunkmonkey

Charb1618
08-10-2007, 10:50 AM
make sure your quick release has the lock on it aswell.
Word

What kind of alarm are you gonna use? This can mean a whole lot.
Not sure. Any suggestions?

toggle kill swaitches aren't all that awsome as most everyone knows where they're "hidden"

Ever seen a car after a thief runs into hidden blades? I'd be ok with cleaning blood out of my car... not sure if I'll post pics of the setup I'm planning.

Chiodos
08-10-2007, 10:53 AM
does your apts offer a garage? it is worth the investment.....

Charb1618
08-10-2007, 10:57 AM

http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=38936

does your apts offer a garage? it is worth the investment.....

Believe me I would if they did.

I rode my bike from Dec-May saving for this car. If it wasn't so hot, I'd put the fucker in storage until I move into a house come November, and just ride my bike again. This is making me extremely paranoid.

Chiodos
08-10-2007, 11:07 AM
well like chinky said.....

back up battery
multiple sirens
gps if u can afford it
i would also do 4 dr handles
and some OEM rain guards, gotta be oem tho cause they actually screw to the door instead fake ass stick on ones
wheel locks if u don't already have them

good suggestions for sure!! GL dude, i know how you feel! try not to stress to much!

Chiodos
08-14-2007, 07:56 AM
http://www.heeltoeauto.com/Jimmi-Jammer-92-95-Civic-EG6-EH-EJ1-ALL-pr-1010.html

I Hate Import Cars
10-01-2007, 11:23 PM
Have you tried stabbing a thief in the face, letting him die, then hanging him in your front yard with a sign around his next that says "CAR THIEF"? I think it just might work...

Aodhan
10-02-2007, 10:30 AM
I haden't even had my car in AZ a month at it was jacked. Admitedly, zero protection. I got lucky and got my car back only missing the stereo.

plan to add:
full coverage insurance
alarm
fuel pump kill switch (hidden)
battery kill switch (hidden)
quick release steering wheel
probably be pulling my ecu most of the time too

Overkill? My first impressions of living here in AZ are not good. I live in an apt and work for a couple restaraunts that lack safe places to park. I can't tell you how nerv-racking my life has just become. I knew the risks bringing a car like mine to AZ, and still lacked the proper insurance (pun intended) to help keep her from being jacked.

-hangs head in shame-

http://causeforalarm.thecarthing.com/version6/index.html

That's what I'm planning on doing to mine. The alarm I'm planning on installing is a clifford model, haven't decided with flavor, but I'm thinking of the version with the blackjax option (If your car alarms you, you can signal it to kill the ignition remotely.) I'll also be rerouting the hood latch cable.

John