PDA

View Full Version : good bye civic!!!

blackouthx
08-12-2007, 08:33 PM
Okay just wanted your guys input....I have a 2000 hx coupe that im gonna trade in the near future.....Im having a baby and need something with 4 doors and still somewhat sporty......Im leaning towards a 07 SI sedan, what you guys think? Its four door, decent power, warranty.....reliability is a big factor cause this is gonna be my DD. what other options are out there similar to this? thanks for the input...Keep in mind that performance wise im gonna leave it all stock except suspension and some cosmetic mods and maybe exhaust...

LONESTAR
08-12-2007, 09:04 PM
That's cool man the 4 door Si is sick! I work for supertition springs honda and I can help you out hit me up bro

boostedrex
08-16-2007, 01:34 PM
07si = ballen

GtecD16
08-20-2007, 08:24 AM
the SI is sick there also is like the mazaspeed 3, its turbo and sedan so good torque and hp
the others are the sti and new evo but those are pretty pricy
but for my choice i would get the SI nothing more sick than a si and four doors lol CIVIC FTW!

Zero
08-20-2007, 08:58 AM
i'd go 07 imprezza under 18k and awd...175hp so nice

91DA9
08-20-2007, 09:13 AM
Dude do what I did, and go get a microcompact. Fit, Versa, Xb, Xd. All are reliable, get great gas mileage, have four doors, and their CHEAP.

2.0eg-si
08-20-2007, 11:33 AM
the 4 door hatchback mazda turbo is pretty quick my buddy just got one and there clean!! but i love the 07 4 dr si!!!

95CIVICex
08-20-2007, 11:53 AM
07' CIVIC SI:
-starts @ $22,000
-Front wheel drive
-197hp/139tq (weak)

07' Mazdaspeed3:
-starts @ $23,000
-Front wheel drive
-263hp/280tq

07' WRX:
Starts @ $23,000
-All Wheel Drive
-227hp/217tq

NEW CIVIC SI = WASTE OF MONEY
(sorry all you SI drivers, that's just my opinion)

my wife said i needed a 4dr car too

....................so I came home with an EVO:blunt:

azteamextreme
08-20-2007, 12:06 PM
i get the si or the wrx if i was you

rushbuster70
08-20-2007, 08:17 PM
i'd get an xb...very roomie plus cheap,good gas mileage and look sick as fuck...

blackouthx
08-20-2007, 08:26 PM
yeah I was thinking about the WRX but am gonna go with the SI, it sucks cause now I got to wait till december :(......If I get the WRX ill wish I got the STI, which is out of my price range......as for the speed3 just dont like the way they look.....even the 4dr si took some time to warm up to ....oh yeah the toaster is out of the picture lol.....and insurance is lower on the SI

_$krilla_
08-20-2007, 10:38 PM
07' CIVIC SI:
-starts @ $22,000
-Front wheel drive
-197hp/139tq (weak)

07' Mazdaspeed3:
-starts @ $23,000
-Front wheel drive
-263hp/280tq

07' WRX:
Starts @ $23,000
-All Wheel Drive
-227hp/217tq

NEW CIVIC SI = WASTE OF MONEY
(sorry all you SI drivers, that's just my opinion)

my wife said i needed a 4dr car too

....................so I came home with an EVO:blunt: <---- same thing i did lol!!:clap:

get a evo 8 rs for around 22 grand, you'll never have second doubts about it...

SlowLS
08-21-2007, 08:51 AM
I'd honestly go with the srt-4, you can get one new anymore, but they are a very dependable car with a shit load of power, my friends got one with the stage 2 from the factory, after all of his upgrades, he's pushing close to 300hp

95CIVICex
08-21-2007, 10:16 AM
<---- same thing i did lol!!:clap:

get a evo 8 rs for around 22 grand, you'll never have second doubts about it...

x2!
I took about 6 months for me to decide and I test drove all the cars everyone suggested in this thread a couple times. I almost went with the stock new WRX after the second test drive but all it took was one test drive in a used 05' EVO 8 and i was sold! They even gave me an extended warranty (5yrs/100k miles) on top of the 25k miles it already has. I had to fork out $25k for the car but it's well worth it! And my insurance for full coverage is $90/mo. All I'm saying don't rush and shop around before you buy until you find one that's right for you.

blackouthx
08-21-2007, 11:57 AM
90 bucks a month, which insurance company are you with...I would love an evo but I havent even thought about it cause im thinking its out of my price range..its not really the amount of the car im worried about its the payments you know ....I need something under 5.......

GtecD16
08-21-2007, 02:30 PM
well i used to work in insurance and this is a quick way it works we use if you have muti cars we use the oldest one as the primary to have the highest rate = highest payment
then we get your newer car (ex.EVO) and since its ur second or third car we give it the lowest rate= lower payments a month

just a FYI for those who didnt know
but SRT are quick but they look cheap inside and feel cheap plus the back doors are manuel??? sucks
i would for sure stick the with the evo or an STI you can find used ones so cheaper price and insurance

95CIVICex
08-21-2007, 02:48 PM
90 bucks a month, which insurance company are you with...I would love an evo but I havent even thought about it cause im thinking its out of my price range..its not really the amount of the car im worried about its the payments you know ....I need something under 5.......
well, i'm actually with USAA (a military affiliated insurance company) so they're alot cheaper than most but even other insurance companies quoted me in the mid $100's.

just a FYI for those who didnt know
but SRT are quick but they look cheap inside and feel cheap plus the back doors are manuel??? sucks
i would for sure stick the with the evo or an STI you can find used ones so cheaper price and insurance

x2!
plus.....SRT4 isn't all wheel drive.

blackouthx
08-21-2007, 03:03 PM
i know wtf is up with manuel back doors...my buddy has a 00 neon and its weird lol.....so wheres all the si lovers lol.......does anybody know how the wrx compares to the civic sedan as far as interior room...which one is bigger, by the looks the si seems to be..

95CIVICex
08-21-2007, 04:06 PM
i know wtf is up with manuel back doors...my buddy has a 00 neon and its weird lol.....so wheres all the si lovers lol.......does anybody know how the wrx compares to the civic sedan as far as interior room...which one is bigger, by the looks the si seems to be..
my wife used to drive an 06' civic sedan when I test drove the WRX and even if it's interior is smaller than the civic, you can't even tell the difference.

95CIVICex
08-21-2007, 04:08 PM
my wife used to drive an 06' civic sedan when I test drove the WRX and even if it's interior is smaller than the civic, you can't even tell the difference. (oops...double post)

blackouthx
08-21-2007, 07:57 PM
used to drive? she hated it that bad lol.......yeah im gonna have a kid in nov/dec so I have to get a 4 door that is reliable but want somthing semi quick to and the si might not be the quickest 4 door around but coming from driving a 2000 hx its a whole dif. world you know....how are the wrx's as far as reliability....

blackouthx
08-21-2007, 08:47 PM
oh shit lol
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/e21e9307-9801-4184-bac8-b82f36b69683.htm

evo driver must of been a pretty bad driver.........

SlowLS
08-22-2007, 09:08 AM
Even though its not all wheel drive, its a fast ass car, and as for the back doors being manual, do you sit in the back seat? i dont know, maybe im being too optimistic

95CIVICex
08-22-2007, 08:19 PM
used to drive? she hated it that bad lol.......yeah im gonna have a kid in nov/dec so I have to get a 4 door that is reliable but want somthing semi quick to and the si might not be the quickest 4 door around but coming from driving a 2000 hx its a whole dif. world you know....how are the wrx's as far as reliability....They're pretty reliable from all the reviews I've read, that's why I was leaning toward buying one before.

oh shit lol
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/e21e9307-9801-4184-bac8-b82f36b69683.htm

evo driver must of been a pretty bad driver.........

Either that or he wasn't trying. Funny some people on here are gonna get brave with their SI's now cuz of that damn video.

blackouthx
08-23-2007, 12:32 PM
I know huh

batmang
08-25-2007, 06:51 AM
Mazdaspeed3 - If your not going to mod for a while. The aftermarket isnt too popular YET. (I would get this hands down.)
Si - If you have mod money to blow and dont care that everyone and their mom already has one.

I'd drive all kinds of cars to get a feel for them. The mazdaspeed3's have awesome handling and tons of power.
The Si is nice...but I think they are 2k over priced for what your getting. But...its still awesome. Cant lose with either really.

Good luck!

nuocmam
09-08-2007, 04:15 PM
Even though its not all wheel drive, its a fast ass car, and as for the back doors being manual, do you sit in the back seat? i dont know, maybe im being too optimistic

sorry but srt4 are not the best bang for their buck, and the rear manual doors suck!

2000si
09-10-2007, 05:05 PM
i dont know about a srt4 when you have a baby in the back cause those cars are loud and your kid wont be able to sleep lol

1SLICKBOOGER
09-10-2007, 09:53 PM
stick with the 07 si 4 door thats things pimp and let me know ill send you to my aunt she will take care of you she'll give you hte best deal she care. everyone i sent her always goes back to her.

egcrk90
09-29-2007, 01:40 AM
07 si u want that baby in a honda LOL

nuocmam
09-29-2007, 10:45 AM
I'd honestly go with the srt-4, you can get one new anymore, but they are a very dependable car with a shit load of power, my friends got one with the stage 2 from the factory, after all of his upgrades, he's pushing close to 300hp

sr4 = nice life sized hot wheels
...there pos (dependable, lol I think not, when motor trend tested all from that class the only car to break down was the srt4)...it's sad how a supercharged rsx can smoke that with quite a ease (when the srt4 was running like 18psi)

...personally if your spending that amount of money get an evo, sti, and or something of that nature
...the si's are cool but I would just wait another year or so that the price on them goes down

95CIVICex
09-29-2007, 01:55 PM
sr4 = nice life sized hot wheels
...there pos (dependable, lol I think not, when motor trend tested all from that class the only car to break down was the srt4)...it's sad how a supercharged rsx can smoke that with quite a ease (when the srt4 was running like 18psi)

...personally if your spending that amount of money get an evo, sti, and or something of that nature
...the si's are cool but I would just wait another year or so that the price on them goes down

X2!
just sold my ej1 civic a week ago. it was sad watching it drive off but when I headed back into the garage and looked @ my evo,
.....i felt alot better.

95CIVICex
10-08-2007, 07:38 PM
any update on what you ended up with?

blackouthx
10-17-2007, 10:27 PM
any update on what you ended up with?

yeah I ended up with nothing lol. I went down for the si and got approved , I was so close to picking up a fbp si but after lots of thinking about it I decided it would be better to wait till January for a couple of reasons 1) can put more money down and have a lower payment (tax return) and 2) to look around at some other options. I was seriously thinking about a evo, the payments would be a little higher than I really wanted but the insurance is what is gonna kill me. I thought about a wrx but then I was thinking about how im gonna regret not getting an STI and squashed that idea , also insurance is up there. So now im thinking the SI is gonna be the cheapest including the cost of insurance. Also I decided a used car is out of the question want something brand spanken new lol....

95CIVICex
11-02-2007, 04:33 PM
yeah I ended up with nothing lol. I went down for the si and got approved , I was so close to picking up a fbp si but after lots of thinking about it I decided it would be better to wait till January for a couple of reasons 1) can put more money down and have a lower payment (tax return) and 2) to look around at some other options. I was seriously thinking about a evo, the payments would be a little higher than I really wanted but the insurance is what is gonna kill me. I thought about a wrx but then I was thinking about how im gonna regret not getting an STI and squashed that idea , also insurance is up there. So now im thinking the SI is gonna be the cheapest including the cost of insurance. Also I decided a used car is out of the question want something brand spanken new lol....

just go test drive an evo or sti first, or hell, even a regular wrx.
......then go back and test drive that si and lemme know what you think after that.