PDA

View Full Version : Port & Polish

Thresher
08-13-2007, 12:24 AM
anyone know where i could get an h23 head ported and polished locally that would do a good job, i went to TSP and they have a IM in their glass case that they ported and polished and it looks like dookie. and they are charging me a lot for the work too when JG could do it for the same price and it would be 100x's better.

Thresher
08-14-2007, 04:19 PM
thanks for the worthless post pertaining to my thread.

i could give a rats ass about people in love with TSP i saw something there that was in a display case that looked like shit. and thats my own opinion. they're definately not a P&P shop thats all im saying. not that the whole company sucks.

owequitit
08-14-2007, 07:59 PM
I knew of a guy who was in Colorado. The company was CHR racing, but now he is moving to Michigan for family reasons. He was going to reopen shop up there, but I don't know if he has yet. You might want to see if you can find him, as I know he does very good work, and is reasonably priced.

It might not apply if you are looking for RIGHT NOW though. Of course if you go to Cali, there are tons of places. JG or Portflow are both good ones.

wadocrx
08-18-2007, 08:49 PM
I do porting and polishing but unfortunately not really int he summer....it's too friggin' hot for that shit! But crxfamily, InDub, and others on here have seen my work and know I'm fucking anal about it....especially since the most of them go on my car. P&P isn't cheap though....and I do no thave a flow bench(yet) so mine are dine with depth guages a really good eyeball. Comes out beautiful though and smooth as a babies ass! :) What did TSP quote you anyway? I'm curious what people at speed shops want. Most maching shops want like $1200! But as time consuming s it is I can understand that. The LS head on my drag car has like 13-14 hours in it and I could'v spent a little more. I have pics somewhere!
pic #1 is before
pic #2 is rough ground out and opened a lot
pic #3 is finished and mounted on engine--dark spots are shadows from trying to take pics inside there!

Sproket
08-19-2007, 08:39 AM
Nice Work!

Thresher
08-21-2007, 01:30 PM
looks like good work, but i want numbers of increased air flow. TSP quoted me 900 somthin for just labor on the head. but thats P&P and assembily of head. i can put the head togather i just need a P&P done. i dunno if im gonna do a backyard P&P because honestly you wont get that much from me because you can easily fuck up a P&P job. i mean even JG fucks up sometimes and makes the head worse than it came in. can you do valve seat adjustments for bigger valves? i mean honestly i would love to also learn how to do it but 200 bucks might not be worth your time for 13-14 hours. i just dont want you to fuck it up

azteamextreme
08-21-2007, 02:00 PM
nice

wadocrx
08-21-2007, 07:38 PM
never mind....and $200 wouldn't get ya much anywhere

Thresher
08-22-2007, 04:51 PM
never mind....and $200 wouldn't get ya much anywhere

theres no fuckin way im givin 500 bucks to some noob to P&P my head and possibly fuck it up cuz your not very expeirenced. i'll give you 50 bucks to teach me tho

PRELUDE92
09-05-2007, 11:56 PM
HEY WEL I HAVE AN H23 P 7 poloshed head.i was gona use on ma luxde but decided to go for a frankebstaine swap inztead if u still need it hit me up:0:0

dodnator
09-07-2007, 05:52 PM
anyone know where i could get an h23 head ported and polished locally that would do a good job, i went to TSP and they have a IM in their glass case that they ported and polished and it looks like dookie. and they are charging me a lot for the work too when JG could do it for the same price and it would be 100x's better.

We're a JG authorized Dealer

We can give you a deal on any Pro-series or Redline series Head

we also got hookups with Portflow

and we dont port and polish in the back with a dremel, all of our shit is flow benched

Madskillzracer
09-18-2007, 06:57 AM
lol, stop being a douche john, they're just trying to help

taggart_lumpy
09-18-2007, 07:15 AM
i personally would stick with portflow if your serious about the work being done.... why question something that is tried and true

seen a lot of good things come from jg but they dont seem to be the most dd friendly heads out there imo

and if your looking to be experimental give one of the locals a try i have seen some of wado's work and it looks good to me for the resources he has

gl

The President
09-18-2007, 03:27 PM
Tuff Enuff maching in Avondale does very good work... put my buddies 4 door single cam neon into the 14's. They do mainly marine work but quality work and they quoted me a very fair price for my LS head. (right around 600 bucks for everything i wanted).

Mr.Burner
09-18-2007, 07:57 PM
I wouldn't bash on TSP on here dude. They do a lot of good work and a lot of people on this forum are in love with them.

Just an FYI. :thumbup:

^^^^now that shits funny!

if you can get a P&P done for under a G, then its probably shit, and I highly doubt its going to have flow numbers.......I would go with portflow or Endyn if you got the $$ in yo pocket.

The President
09-18-2007, 09:53 PM
thats funny, I called a bunch of machine shops in town that flow bench their heads and never got a price over 1000, that was with a milled head and opening up the valves by 1 mm with the 3 angle job.

Mr.Burner
09-19-2007, 12:46 AM
^^^bullshit... Not to mention. why arnt there arizona machine shops with big names that do heads? Endyn, Portflow, JG, Justice Racing all have big names for a reason.....I barely trust machine shops in town to do minor work...

1SIKS2K
09-19-2007, 03:39 PM
looks like good work, but i want numbers of increased air flow. TSP quoted me 900 somthin for just labor on the head. but thats P&P and assembily of head. i can put the head togather i just need a P&P done. i dunno if im gonna do a backyard P&P because honestly you wont get that much from me because you can easily fuck up a P&P job. i mean even JG fucks up sometimes and makes the head worse than it came in. can you do valve seat adjustments for bigger valves? i mean honestly i would love to also learn how to do it but 200 bucks might not be worth your time for 13-14 hours. i just dont want you to fuck it up

I dont believe that $900 is for them to p&p it is most likely being sent out to a shop with a flow bench. Asking questions OWNZ sometimes.

1SIKS2K
09-19-2007, 03:45 PM
thats funny, I called a bunch of machine shops in town that flow bench their heads and never got a price over 1000, that was with a milled head and opening up the valves by 1 mm with the 3 angle job.

Oh you didn't hear ? Mr. Burner is apparently the shit in HIS OWN MIND and only his opinion should be considered. He knows all and can do everything as well as having experience with everything and loves to talk shit. Oh wait its not talking shit its educating others... right! :lame:

DJ Hookid
09-19-2007, 04:46 PM

Your pretty fuckin rude for being someone who is asking for help

Mr.Burner
09-19-2007, 05:43 PM
Oh you didn't hear ? Mr. Burner is apparently the shit in HIS OWN MIND and only his opinion should be considered. He knows all and can do everything as well as having experience with everything and loves to talk shit. Oh wait its not talking shit its educating others... right! :lame:

The only reason I give my opinion's the way i do because i know what works and what doesnt from personal experience and mistakes.....I've been building motors for these car for years making over 700+hp so i think i might just know what im talking about......your the one asking the question's, right? so if you dont want people's help, then dont post jackass....For the people on here that know me, know i dont bullshit and only run the best. so if you dont want the best thats fine, we'll see ya on the side of the road!

And that sucks you didnt hear that I'm the shit...well if ya dont know, now ya know.
Thanks for your use of servere and excessive exaguration.
(dumbing it down for the FNG) dumbass!!

Mr.Burner
09-19-2007, 05:55 PM
[

Mr.Burner
09-19-2007, 05:55 PM
Oh you didn't hear ? Mr. Burner is apparently the shit in HIS OWN MIND and only his opinion should be considered. He knows all and can do everything as well as having experience with everything....

Atleast you have something correct....:0LOLOL

tokyospeedpros
09-19-2007, 06:17 PM
the price i gave you was not for a hand P&P and it was not for us to do in house lol....

the work is done by Import Builders, all P&P is done by CNC and Hand Finish, A 3 Angle Valve job is done along with Cleaning and this would be for a Stage 2 job as well.

just an FYI incase you forgot when i quoted you all this :0

jakellama123
09-19-2007, 06:40 PM
Your pretty fuckin rude for being someone who is asking for help
AGREED! he is always like that. lol. pisses me off

PRELUDE92
09-20-2007, 11:11 PM
Hey Man I Got Da Head U Need And Im Willin To Let It Go For Cheapi Got It For 500 And All I Want Is 150 Fo Da Head It Is Ported And Polished And Is Already Tested

Mr.Burner
09-21-2007, 12:42 AM
fishy

Madskillzracer
09-21-2007, 06:55 AM
i smell tuna!

PRELUDE92
09-21-2007, 06:23 PM
Man I Aint Trin To Fuk U Ova Aite I Just Need It Out Asap If U Dnt Want It Ill Take It Back Man.......i Have It At Da Shop Were Im Getin Ma Car Fix

Thresher
09-23-2007, 02:27 PM
well TSP you had some guy at the desk who didnt know anything and then whoever actually figured out the quotes sat in the back in the office and didnt come out to talk (the one that i assume knew wtf he was talking about) and you NEVER said it was going to import builders. but that intake mani sitting in your glass case proves everything for me. thats why im going somewhere else with my business. i felt like i got shitty service for something that i wanted major done to a motor. some people like you guys but i got a really bad first impression of TSP and thats all it takes for me.

Thresher
09-23-2007, 02:38 PM
oh and yeah i am rude because 80% of people are retards :)

Type - O
09-23-2007, 03:07 PM
i dont think you have yet proved your self to be in the remaining 20%, so dont be rude

DJ Hookid
09-23-2007, 03:51 PM
i dont think you have yet proved your self to be in the remaining 20%, so dont be rude

X2

Thresher
09-24-2007, 05:25 PM
dont get all butt hurt

Mr.Burner
09-24-2007, 06:39 PM
Man I Aint Trin To Fuk U Ova Aite I Just Need It Out Asap If U Dnt Want It Ill Take It Back Man.......i Have It At Da Shop Were Im Getin Ma Car Fix

^
WoW!

Mr.Burner
09-24-2007, 06:45 PM
oh and yeah i am rude because 80% of people are retards :)

well you should be more selective to who you are rude to......your talking to the 1% of the 20 who are not retarded........
I dont post shit that i dont know what i'm talking about....

PRELUDE92
09-24-2007, 10:16 PM
^
WoW!
um....why do u saY WOW BRO

Mr.Burner
09-24-2007, 10:42 PM
uM mAyBe wE caN BArleyUNdERstANd wAt U bE SaYiN...AiTE?

Type - O
09-24-2007, 11:25 PM
^^^^lolz

taggart_lumpy
09-24-2007, 11:49 PM
i still say you just send the head out if you want it done properly
kyle can i be in your 1% to please

Mr.Burner
09-24-2007, 11:55 PM
Maybe .5% Lumpy. I'll think about it.

Type - O
09-25-2007, 12:21 AM
what about me?! i wanna be know stuff to

jcvietboi
09-28-2007, 10:42 PM
fight fight fight

usdm4life
09-30-2007, 10:33 PM
tuf enuf is a very very good shop..thats the only place i trust my shit at..talk to tim

The President
10-01-2007, 02:32 AM
^^^bullshit... Not to mention. why arnt there arizona machine shops with big names that do heads? Endyn, Portflow, JG, Justice Racing all have big names for a reason.....I barely trust machine shops in town to do minor work...

Tuff Enuff does A TON of marine work. I have seen the work done and it is flawless (on my buddies neon head. He's even made sectioned heads for marine work (ie fusing together 2 halves of different heads to fit a different block). I even checked with Arizona Power and Marine (one of the best in AZ) and got a quote for 900 bucks.

DJ Hookid
10-01-2007, 07:50 PM
Where can I get some head?????

oh wait, y'allz are still talkin about the P&P