PDA

View Full Version : just purchased an ep3.. help

joshlhawwkins
08-19-2007, 11:15 AM
can anyone help me out
i just want to know some good parts to get for an ep3?
from your guys personal experience.
-header
-quiet exhaust
-chip
you know what i mean any bolt-on goods

thanks

DirtyEP3
08-19-2007, 11:42 AM
use a injen cold air intake, best gain from that one, if you want a quiet exhaust go with a greddy sp2, or a apex worldsport 2. as for header there are some pretty goods one out there, if u are willing to get rid of your cat go with a race header. the DC race header is pretty popular. as far as your ecu save your dough and go to lo-cash in phx to get K-Pro. or a reflash. but k-pro is best.

joshlhawwkins
08-19-2007, 06:13 PM
thanks a bunch

DirtyEP3
08-19-2007, 06:24 PM
yup there will be more peeps responing so u'll have more opinions soon. have fun with the car. and join ephatch.com u can find some useful info there. and k20a.org

joshlhawwkins
08-19-2007, 06:40 PM
cool thanks again

Girlysi
08-19-2007, 08:18 PM
use a injen cold air intake, DC race header is pretty popular.

Welcome to EP life!

I have the AEM cold air intake. I like it and all, but they kind of sit in a bad spot and it has sucked water like a straw before. I agree with the DC headers too.

What do you want to do to your car?

2.0eg-si
08-19-2007, 08:42 PM
k pro, dc race header 4-2-1, ep3 wheels, carbon lips all round, apexi exhaust, tein ss coils, dc lowar control arms, after all this it would be suppperrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

illusionsoflife
08-19-2007, 09:20 PM
turrrrrbo. i did and love it!!! but if the ep is stock....rims and a drop will make it look a lot better and a ctr wing.

2.0eg-si
08-19-2007, 11:53 PM
yeah it has some after market 17's on stock hight so i think tein ss coils with stock ep's for now ctr wing and it will look a whole lot better....he told me today turbo wasnt gonna be for awhile lol

DirtyEP3
08-20-2007, 12:00 AM
just take your time and research every part you buy. making a good quality investment will pay u back 10 fold. trust me.

EPthree04
08-20-2007, 10:35 AM
just take your time and research every part you buy. making a good quality investment will pay u back 10 fold. trust me.

x2! i have been threw almost all the parts for an ep3! i would look into a dc race header dc5 fitment, dc5 midpipe and stock axleback. that will be the quietest with the best gains. it will sound stock pretty much. as for an intake. i have really liked fujita. if you want a short ram maybe look into a fujita or injen rsx type-s short ram. it will fit right and give you more air intake. hondata is the way to go as for your computer ecu. you can get k-pro or reflash. i would recommend k-pro. i really think you should look into some suspension also. maybe just some springs and decent struts if you dont want to spend tons of money. have fun with the car. i love mine!

joshlhawwkins
08-20-2007, 11:56 AM
x2! i have been threw almost all the parts for an ep3! i would look into a dc race header dc5 fitment, dc5 midpipe and stock axleback. that will be the quietest with the best gains. it will sound stock pretty much. as for an intake. i have really liked fujita. if you want a short ram maybe look into a fujita or injen rsx type-s short ram. it will fit right and give you more air intake. hondata is the way to go as for your computer ecu. you can get k-pro or reflash. i would recommend k-pro. i really think you should look into some suspension also. maybe just some springs and decent struts if you dont want to spend tons of money. have fun with the car. i love mine!

thanks ! i dont have alot of money cause i just got the car but i will soon be starting to buy stuff a little at a time. do you have any good places to shop for cheap stuffs or know anyone with good used parts.

joshlhawwkins
08-20-2007, 12:00 PM
turrrrrbo. i did and love it!!! but if the ep is stock....rims and a drop will make it look a lot better and a ctr wing.

what kinda kit are your running? and how much do you think you spent on the whole thing? i do want to do turbo but i dont have a ton of money right now. but when i do im gunna go all out and do it super nice.

EurospecUSDMtyte
08-20-2007, 04:26 PM
Injen cold air, Greddy SP2, DCRH, Skunk2 stage 1 cams (dont need K-pro for stage 1). The Apexi WS2 exhaust is chambered SP2 is straight through and just as quite. But another quite one would be the Tanabe Super Medalion Hyper spec. (I think thats the name lol)

EPthree04
08-20-2007, 11:37 PM
check out corsport.com they have some pretty cool cheaper things. get some shifter bushings, shifter cable bushings, and a heavy shift knob and it will make the shifter feel alot better. it wont be perfect but it will be a lot better! one of the best mods i have ever done on my car for the money! really makes the shifter feel more precise!

illusionsoflife
08-22-2007, 03:43 AM
what kinda kit are your running? and how much do you think you spent on the whole thing? i do want to do turbo but i dont have a ton of money right now. but when i do im gunna go all out and do it super nice.

my kit was 2k dollars used for 5k miles. its not on as of now. i helped this kid install his turbo on his d16. he is only 17 years old and has a 321whp d16 fully built motor his dad paid for:whatever: but yeah. you will end up getting a turbo. then kpro. 850 then a tune 400. so just over 3k if you find a decent used kit. otherwise brand new my turbo runs for 3400. i didnt have that much to spend on the turbo kit alone

auex
08-22-2007, 08:01 AM
Welcome to EP life!

I have the AEM cold air intake. I like it and all, but they kind of sit in a bad spot and it has sucked water like a straw before. I agree with the DC headers too.

What do you want to do to your car?

You have a dc shorty header as well.

1 si
08-23-2007, 05:42 PM
WOW, I can't believe that everyone is recommending the DC header and a short ram here in AZ! It all depends on what he wants to get out of the car, but there are better parts out there. I do agree that he should get the intake designed for the type-S as well as the header and depending on how serious he is about making power, K-PRO would be highly recommended. Even with this done, the EP will still be slow and a swap would be the next step or boost and this is not even considering the 4X4 stance of the EP. It can be a very fun car, and with the mentioned mods it only gets better!

DirtyEP3
08-23-2007, 11:21 PM
even tho it is AZ there is still monsoon's which will be enough to hydrolock ur motor. and the dam cold air's have a problem with clearence for the shift linkage. as for header, i said dc cuz it reasonable. i would prefer a comptech or in my case a jackson racing header. but like u said it depends on his plans. one step at a time.

EPthree04
08-24-2007, 11:18 AM
i would recommend a buddyclub race header. i have heard many good things about those!

JustinD
08-24-2007, 08:47 PM
Jackson Racing race header is garbage. DC is 10x better than that. The JR one looks like my 8 month old son welded it together.

josh
08-24-2007, 08:50 PM
Jackson Racing race header is garbage.

It sure is

The JR one looks like my 8 month old son welded it together.

He does better welds than that

DirtyEP3
08-24-2007, 09:04 PM
nice good to know. i find that ephatch is more and more worthless everyday.

EPthree04
08-24-2007, 09:11 PM
haha i hate that site. no one knows what the hell they are talking about

LONESTAR
08-25-2007, 03:44 PM
haha i hate that site. no one knows what the hell they are talking about

That's so true that site is kind of gay now

kshirza1
08-30-2007, 01:25 AM
use a injen cold air intake, best gain from that one, if you want a quiet exhaust go with a greddy sp2, or a apex worldsport 2. as for header there are some pretty goods one out there, if u are willing to get rid of your cat go with a race header. the DC race header is pretty popular. as far as your ecu save your dough and go to lo-cash in phx to get K-Pro. or a reflash. but k-pro is best.

+1 best response from a true EPhatcher

Girlysi
08-31-2007, 04:52 PM
You have a dc shorty header as well.

I know.

vtecthis
09-02-2007, 02:23 AM
I know.

hey i spotted u the other day. on southern and stapley. i was in a white ep3 with type r badges

LONESTAR
09-02-2007, 09:59 AM
hey i spotted u the other day. on southern and stapley. i was in a white ep3 with type r badges

I saw you on gilbert and baseline the other night

vtecthis
09-02-2007, 10:34 AM
pretty good chance of it. im always there. i got lowering springs for the ep3 but have not had the time to put em on. ialso got rearended at that intersection the other day so proble goingto get ctr bumbers soon.

Girlysi
09-02-2007, 10:45 AM

Oh yeah. Lol. I see a lot of Ep's in this area. I guess this is where the cool kids hang out. :0
Your badges are yellow right?

Girlysi
09-02-2007, 10:49 AM
I saw you on gilbert and baseline the other night

Do you live in this area too? You have a black ep right?

pretty good chance of it. im always there. i got lowering springs for the ep3 but have not had the time to put em on. ialso got rearended at that intersection the other day so proble goingto get ctr bumbers soon.

Damn, this sucks.

vtecthis
09-03-2007, 01:14 AM
nopethe red and yeah i live in that area is urs lowerd it looks good

LONESTAR
09-03-2007, 10:10 AM
I live in the area and I seen girlysi quite offten it was the first time I saw the white ep so I was happy cuz eps are rare. I just got a cf wing,tanabe strut bar,and a cf hood that I am gonna paint and ill get springs in octuber

Girlysi
09-03-2007, 12:11 PM
nopethe red and yeah i live in that area is urs lowerd it looks good

Thank you, yeah it's lowered. Right now it has the HFP Sport Suspension but we are in the middle of changing to some Ksport coilovers. Are you going to lower yours?

I live in the area and I seen girlysi quite offten it was the first time I saw the white ep so I was happy cuz eps are rare. I just got a cf wing,tanabe strut bar,and a cf hood that I am gonna paint and ill get springs in octuber

Dang, how often to you see me? I see 2 black one's, a silver one and now v's white one.... lol, in this area. When do you plan on putting your wing on? When you get it on you should post some pictures. What kind of springs are you going to get?

LONESTAR
09-03-2007, 12:25 PM
The wing is on all ready ill post pics on later but your gonna see it soon anyways

LONESTAR
09-03-2007, 12:42 PM
The wing is on all ready ill post pics on later but your gonna see it soon anyways

Girlysi
09-03-2007, 05:03 PM

Ok I think we might have seen you today at the corner of Burk and Baseline around 3'ish or so.

LONESTAR
09-06-2007, 02:15 PM
That would be mee I saw your car on hampton and gilbert rd yesterday

Girlysi
09-06-2007, 04:13 PM
Oh cool. Hey that wing looked awesome!

GT489
09-07-2007, 07:07 PM
yeah i got spring just no time

LONESTAR
09-10-2007, 09:52 PM
I want springs really bad but I am doing research on all springs. I think I am gonna get progress or tanabe not sure what do you guys have?