PDA

View Full Version : CEL Light ON!!!!! P1259 Code!!! help

FourDoorSi
08-22-2007, 12:15 AM
ok guys well my 97 civic with a b16a2 is throwing the code p1259 which s a vtec malfunction code...anyone had this problem before and how do i fix it??? i have tried resetting the light and it comes back on immediately after cleared....please help!!! thanks

FourDoorSi
08-22-2007, 09:34 AM
ttt

Mr.Burner
08-22-2007, 09:45 AM
what ecu are you running?
check ground on the pressure switch, make sure its good. (black wire)
check continuity to ecu from the psi switch.
and check continuity from ecu to soleniod.

FourDoorSi
08-22-2007, 05:31 PM
what ecu are you running?
check ground on the pressure switch, make sure its good. (black wire)
check continuity to ecu from the psi switch.
and check continuity from ecu to soleniod.

im running a GSR ECU...

Mr.Burner
08-22-2007, 07:51 PM
throw that ecu in the trash...
you need a p30 or p28 with jumper.....
then try it. it might still come on. and if its imedately then there is a wiring problem down the line.
if you run a gsr ecu its going to run shitty and is going to throw codes for the intake bs. you got my number, feel free to call........so i take you got the dizzy figured out?

FourDoorSi
08-22-2007, 10:42 PM
throw that ecu in the trash...
you need a p30 or p28 with jumper.....
then try it. it might still come on. and if its imedately then there is a wiring problem down the line.
if you run a gsr ecu its going to run shitty and is going to throw codes for the intake bs. you got my number, feel free to call........so i take you got the dizzy figured out?

actually man ive been running that ecu for 2 years now and i have never had any CEL and well ive ran good 1/4 mile times with it 15.2 with a I H E and crower stage 1 cams.... anyway i cleared it today and it hasnt come on....but im goin to chec for what you stated in your previous post...thanks alot man...oh and the dizz well i just ended up opening both dizzys and i just traced the wires to where they were goin and then just changed the plugs...i just have the DARK BLUE wire extra but it was the tach wire...other than that the car runs great...i soldered the wires and then shrink wrapped them...car runs good..just took that one to paint today and ill show you pics of it when i get it...its guna be for sale...but the CEL issue is with my car...thanks for the help

Mr.Burner
08-23-2007, 12:52 PM
ya no prob.......your ecu must have been re-mapped, but if its working with no secondary codes your good to go......
If your still getting the check light or vtec isnt working.....lmk
good job on the dizzy, you have just learned somthing new!

FourDoorSi
08-23-2007, 03:53 PM
ya no prob.......your ecu must have been re-mapped, but if its working with no secondary codes your good to go......
If your still getting the check light or vtec isnt working.....lmk
good job on the dizzy, you have just learned somthing new!

yea man for sure ill let you know...i havent driven the civic lately cuz i took the plate off it to take the other hatch to get painted(stupid i know) and i forgot the damn plate on the hatch...but if i get any probs. ill let you know..thanks alot man youve been a great help...