PDA

View Full Version : hey...

cEx00
09-04-2007, 05:18 PM
i know i know...this is gonna sound stupid..
but what do you guys prefer B16A2 or a B18B...
any swap is alright with me...as long as it's v-tech....
ands it's in a reasonable price range....

Chinky
09-04-2007, 06:38 PM
b18b isn't v-tec

b16 is good gsr is better

money saver and the underdog single cam v-tec is dope has mad potential... not much na but does big things boosted.

GL

B18CivicEJ8
09-05-2007, 11:51 AM
What is your "reasonable" price range? What are your goals? Bolt-ons? Daily Driver? Trailer queen? Auto-x or 1320 car? NA or Boost?

Keep in mind a b16 takes off like a d16 until you hit vtec. B18Cx (GSR/ITR) have more lower-end "torque" and take off faster.

It all depends on your goals. But if you want Vtec, then between the two choices you've given, B16 is the only one w/ vtec.

cEx00
09-09-2007, 04:41 PM
yea.....my lil bro told me about a GSR and maybe a k20 that a friend was gonna sell.....so i'm hopin to hear from them...

plans are to have the block and head equiped for boost and everything that follows...
this is gonna be a daily driver....so here's a qeustion for my pplz who are rollin turbo...
how often do you drive your cars??............

Chinky
09-09-2007, 11:09 PM
yea.....my lil bro told me about a GSR and maybe a k20 that a friend was gonna sell.....so i'm hopin to hear from them...

plans are to have the block and head equiped for boost and everything that follows...
this is gonna be a daily driver....so here's a qeustion for my pplz who are rollin turbo...
how often do you drive your cars??............

head + block work = $$$$$

some people don't like dd a turbo car. if done right and not putting crazy strain on a motor should be ok. but to do it right = much money like i said.

that k swap... after the motor probly cost u around 5k to properly swap into ur car. and this a stock swap, no mods or anything.

turbo kit... good ones expect to pay around 3 grand (not including tuning, injectors, fuel pump etc)

to sleeve a block is another grand not including rods and piston etc. (internals)

the to port the head out n shit to make it flow better...

sooooooooo much money ur looking at, not cheap by any standards what so ever. so unless you got a good chunk of money just lying aroundm it'll take some time.

cEx00
09-10-2007, 03:28 PM
cool...
i got the K20 so...

cEx00
09-10-2007, 03:34 PM
the plans of having it tubo'd was with the GSR motor...
now that the k20 is waitin for the transplant i ainte worry'd 'bout boost.....

Chinky
09-10-2007, 03:58 PM
the plans of having it tubo'd was with the GSR motor...
now that the k20 is waitin for the transplant i ainte worry'd 'bout boost.....

the k swap will cost a good chunk of money to correctly put it in the car.

then u r gonna have to drop about a grand for k pro not including the tune to get the motor running properly.

will be well worth it all tho

cEx00
09-11-2007, 05:00 PM
thanks alot man...
yo man i'm kinda in the dark with most of these stuff...

could you pm me wit all the parts thats needed...
like you said it's gonna take a chunk of change so the list you gimme could help alot...
sorry for my noob-ness

turbotious kid
09-12-2007, 08:48 AM
http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20860
Theres the link ,
all the parts youd need.
Good luck with the swap.

Chinky
09-12-2007, 08:54 AM
^^^^ :thumbup:

cEx00
09-13-2007, 04:50 PM