PDA

View Full Version : Nos Jets

young_ar
09-05-2007, 10:29 AM
what is the average jets that make a 50shot and a 75shot

I Hate Import Cars
09-06-2007, 11:24 AM
Depends on a lot of things. Is it wet or dry? Is it a single nozzle for 4 cylinders? Or is it direct port? Who makes the setup? Is it ACTUALLY a Holley kit ("NOS")? Or are you saying "NOS" in reference to "NIRTOUS", like you live in the movie The Fast and The Furious? Because "NOS" is a company that Holley owns, (Nitrous Oxide Systems) Each company has their own way of dialing in their nitrous setups for X amount of power gains. There are a lot of different options here. So it kind of depends of what you have...

Wholesaler
09-06-2007, 12:38 PM
Depends on a lot of things. Is it wet or dry? Is it a single nozzle for 4 cylinders? Or is it direct port? Who makes the setup? Is it ACTUALLY a Holley kit ("NOS")? Or are you saying "NOS" in reference to "NIRTOUS", like you live in the movie The Fast and The Furious? Because "NOS" is a company that Holley owns, (Nitrous Oxide Systems) Each company has their own way of dialing in their nitrous setups for X amount of power gains. There are a lot of different options here. So it kind of depends of what you have...

That makes absolutely no sense... all the jets are measured the same way so it doesn't matter what brand aslong as you get the ones that fit your fogger. The only things that you should take into consideration when choosing your jets is the amount of bottle pressure you will be running, the amount of fuel pressure and the number of foggers. This site should help the OP www.robietherobot.com it will provide you with a good estimate but I would put a wideband on the car just to make sure its safe.

I Hate Import Cars
09-07-2007, 11:56 AM
That makes absolutely no sense... all the jets are measured the same way so it doesn't matter what brand aslong as you get the ones that fit your fogger. The only things that you should take into consideration when choosing your jets is the amount of bottle pressure you will be running, the amount of fuel pressure and the number of foggers. This site should help the OP www.robietherobot.com it will provide you with a good estimate but I would put a wideband on the car just to make sure its safe.

Really? So you're telling me that running a .018 Nitrous jet and a .018 Fuel jet in a single fogger nozzle will yield the same power gains as running .018N/.018F on a direct port setup will? Hhhmmm......The point is, if you have ever looked at a jetting/hp chart for a Holley (NOS) setup, for instance, it's going to need to know how the mixture (or straight nitrous) is being introduced to the motor, timing suggestions, and yes, bottle and fuel pressures, and will give you an APPROXIMATE estimation of what you can expect, provided it is tuned right. But if you compare that to the reccomendations from, say, ZEX, or Nitrous Express, or any other suppliers, they are going to vary a little, so go with what the MAKER of your product reccomends. Keep in mind also, that these figures are taken from THEIR R&D, but most likely will be slightly fatter (richer) than what you can get away with because they have to play the "cover your ass" game too, but you will see that when it is tuned if you use a wideband and know how to read your plugs correctly. Let me make it clear that I AM NOT telling you to lean out what they say to do, just giving you a heads up. They "reccomend" on the safe side.

Wholesaler
09-07-2007, 12:31 PM
Really? So you're telling me that running a .018 Nitrous jet and a .018 Fuel jet in a single fogger nozzle will yield the same power gains as running .018N/.018F on a direct port setup will? Hhhmmm......The point is, if you have ever looked at a jetting/hp chart for a Holley (NOS) setup, for instance, it's going to need to know how the mixture (or straight nitrous) is being introduced to the motor, timing suggestions, and yes, bottle and fuel pressures, and will give you an APPROXIMATE estimation of what you can expect, provided it is tuned right. But if you compare that to the reccomendations from, say, ZEX, or Nitrous Express, or any other suppliers, they are going to vary a little, so go with what the MAKER of your product reccomends. Keep in mind also, that these figures are taken from THEIR R&D, but most likely will be slightly fatter (richer) than what you can get away with because they have to play the "cover your ass" game too, but you will see that when it is tuned if you use a wideband and know how to read your plugs correctly. Let me make it clear that I AM NOT telling you to lean out what they say to do, just giving you a heads up. They "reccomend" on the safe side.

Maybe you didn't read what I posted.. I said the number of foggers used is a factor in choosing your jets. I'm telling the OP from experiance of a couple of years of using bottle on a actual HONDA unlike you.

I Hate Import Cars
09-07-2007, 12:41 PM
unlike me huh? And this assumption is based on what? The fact that I run a B16 with 150hp hit of direct port nitrous? Way to check your facts man. The point is this, I am not trying to fight with you, I was trying to give someone a heads up who had a question, and I think that A LOT of questions are "answered" on this site without all of the pertinent information, so I was asking HIM a few questions as to how this was going to be used so that I could answer his question ACCURATELY without speculation. Settle down now. There's no need to bitch at each other. We both have experience in this field, so maybe between the both of us, he can get the answers he's looking for, ya? come on now. Cool?

FabricatorX
09-08-2007, 10:41 AM
Maybe you didn't read what I posted.. I said the number of foggers used is a factor in choosing your jets. I'm telling the OP from experiance of a couple of years of using bottle on a actual HONDA unlike you.
Now was that really necessary?

hondachic
09-29-2007, 08:13 PM
Wow ... Leave It Up To A Girl To Answer The Question , Sound Like Hes Running A Single Foger , Or A Plate System . Most Direct Port Kits Will Only Go As Low As 20hp Per Cyl. Which Would Put Him At 80 Hp. On A 4 Cyl. If Its An Nx Kit SINGLE FOGER It Would Be A 35 Nos Jet And A 20 Fuel Jet For 50 Hp. For 75 Hp It Would Be A 41 Nos And A 24 Fueljet.

hondachic
09-29-2007, 08:15 PM
Now For A Nos Plate Kit Its A 34 Nos Jet And A 22 Fuel Jet For 75 Hp.

hondachic
09-29-2007, 08:34 PM
And If Its A Nos Kit Single Foger Its 37 Nos Jet And A 22 Fuel Jet For A 50 Hp , Then For 70 Hp Its A 41 Nos And A 26 Fuel , And For A 80 Hp Its A 43 Nos And A 28 Fuel. Just Make Sure You Have A Fuel Presure Regulator , Set Your Presure At 40 Psi. BUT REMEMBER THESE ARE ONLY BASE SETTING.

FabricatorX
09-29-2007, 11:40 PM
yay for girls. you need to come work for me ;)

I Hate Import Cars
10-01-2007, 12:55 PM
yes. yes she does. Maybe this will help. (thanks to Tage for this, by the way) It's a calculator that uses inputs of number of nozzles, n20 jet size, n20 bottle pressure, and fuel pressure, to tell you what fuel jet size to use and what your est actual AND wheel hp will be. Hope it helps. Helped me TONS.

http://www.robietherobot.com/NitrousJetCalculator.htm

kawgomoo
10-27-2007, 03:37 PM
.. i havent jetted in a minute so i cant recall exact ones. however if you call NOS or any other kit manufacture they will tell you what jetting you need for what fuel pressure you run. make sure you know what kind of kit you have before calling... dry manifold, wet, single fogger etc...

2.3Tnut
11-05-2007, 03:56 PM
36N 20F is pretty close on stock fuel pressure. going 35n 20F gives you a little margin of safty and you can play with fuel pressure from there.