PDA

View Full Version : ▬▬►►BiG PrObLeM (can anyone help)◄◄▬▬

ek-juan
09-25-2007, 11:32 AM
Ok here is the deal... I just purchased a car that had a minor problem... it had a check engine light on, I checked it and it was a "Cylinder one miss fire" or something like that.. well I was going to do the tune up and that should fix it.. you know like basic things like changing the spark plugs, wires and others like oil and fluids... Well I was about done until I was going to change the spark plugs and one of them broke.. The whole ceramic piece came out and left the treaded part in there...

Has anyone experience this before and what was your solution... I am asking this before I go home and start taking the head off... So far Ive tried jamming a flat head screw driver in there and turning and no luck... then tried using one of those opposite tap things and didn't work so running out of ideas and that's why I am asking for your opinion... Sorry for the bad grammar and shit but kinda busy at work and have no time to be perfect...

Thanks......

Mr.Burner
09-25-2007, 01:25 PM
damn it Juan.......sounds like you have some work planned out for you.....i would pull the head off just to be on the safe side.....whatever fell into the cyl, needs to be taken out. not by cranking or running the motor...get the head off and give me a call and i'll come and give you a hand...

ek-juan
09-27-2007, 09:24 PM
ttt

I Hate Import Cars
09-28-2007, 04:45 PM
um, maybe I'm not understanding you correctly. What's the problem? Even with the ceramic upper half of the plug gone, the steel part with the threads AND THE HEX PART on it should still be in the cylinder head, ya? so you should still be able to get a socket on it to back it out, ya? Just make sure you get the little broken peices of ceramic and what not out of that hole first so that it doesn't fall into the cylider when you pull the plug out. You can do that a lot of different ways, i.e. long needle nose pliers (Snap-On makes some that would be PERFECT for that), a strong shop vac, a screwdriver or long ratchet extension with double stick tape on the end, etc. I hope that helps, but I think I don't know exactly WHAT the problem actually IS.

kawgomoo
10-21-2007, 07:13 PM
if the one that broke was on the cylinder throwing the misfire code, it would stand to reason that bad plug was causing the misfire and thats what needed replacing.

grab the broke piece with needle nose or some vacuum line. remove the hex and replace it all. voila.