PDA

View Full Version : Labor for B20/vtec...

d4integra
09-30-2007, 07:00 PM
Well, with my number one option now closed down the search for a new shop begins. Anyone have any suggestions on who I can take my Integra to for B20 vtec install? I'm basically just looking to do a vtec head swap (the B20's already in the car) and maybe pistons/rod bolts. Let me know if you know of a reputable and reasonable shop/individual.
Thanks!

usdmEF_9
09-30-2007, 07:20 PM
scott...at collective racing (tucson)...

1lowtacoma
10-01-2007, 08:46 AM
x2 scott at collective racing!! i can vouch he did my b20vtec

I Hate Import Cars
10-01-2007, 10:01 PM
Can't really vouch for where to have it built, but I can sure as fuck tell you where NOT to have it done. I don't want to be all slanderous, so I won't say who, but if you'll post up your decision, I'll tell you if that's them or not. And don't sweat it if you're an engine builder on this site, it's not you. The shop is not on here, nor do they usually do many imports anyway.

usdmEF_9
10-01-2007, 10:25 PM
scott does many frankinstine motors never heard of any that were not done right.....and all of them come out fast

Mr.Burner
10-02-2007, 12:59 AM
And don't sweat it if you're an engine builder on this site, it's not you. The shop is not on here, nor do they usually do many imports anyway.

Are you sure about that?

I Hate Import Cars
10-02-2007, 01:19 AM
Pretty sure. And even if they were, if they didn't do shitty work, they wouldn't have anything to worry about, would they? Or were you not asking if I was sure that they're not on here? Did I miss something?

2point6
10-02-2007, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the vouches! :thumbup:

locash
10-02-2007, 10:07 AM
I'll second the recommendation for Scott at Collective Racing in Tucson, he's an honest guy and knows how to build these motors..

If you're looking for just machine work, it is my opinion that you do not use Basko (tempe/mesa?) or Frontier (north phoenix), as they have done some really crappy machine work on Honda motors..

Edit: The main issues I have seen are improper boring of the cylinder, and poor sleeve installation.

Mr.Burner
10-02-2007, 10:13 AM
Pretty sure. And even if they were, if they didn't do shitty work, they wouldn't have anything to worry about, would they? Or were you not asking if I was sure that they're not on here? Did I miss something?

i'm pretty sure there on here.

explode13
01-04-2008, 10:27 PM
thats an easy swap but when they do it make sure they use a 14mm drill when they do the head . dont let them use a standard drill . trust they say theres almost no difrence but there is .

Tage
01-04-2008, 10:33 PM
If you're looking for just machine work, it is my opinion that you do not use Basko (tempe/mesa?)

Edit: The main issues I have seen are improper boring of the cylinder, and poor sleeve installation.

F-ing finally! People are starting to believe what I've been saying since 2001...

wetdreamzdj
01-05-2008, 12:03 PM
thats an easy swap but when they do it make sure they use a 14mm drill when they do the head . dont let them use a standard drill . trust they say theres almost no difrence but there is .

:thumbup: this is true..