PDA

View Full Version : Another good theft deterrent install writeup

Aodhan
10-02-2007, 11:06 AM
This is done by a guy on honda-tech, out in Cali. Multi-stage with stealth alarm install, ignition, fuel and starter kill switches, rerouting the hood cable, etc.

http://causeforalarm.thecarthing.com/version6/index.html

John

Chiodos
10-02-2007, 11:16 AM
Good post! I was going post this a while ago but keep forgetting!

advert
10-02-2007, 11:30 AM
that is good.

but that hood pin sucks a donkys nuts.

that alarm might be hiddin. but the only thing that would save them from a good theif would maybe be the kill switch.

all someone would have to do is stick a screwdriver under the hood and hold down the hood pin. pop it. and than disconect the hood pin. from there they can disconect the battery and have a field day.

a alarm install on a honda HAS TO HAVE a back up battery. and also has to have the hood pin in the rear of the hood. no two ways around it.

Chiodos
10-02-2007, 11:41 AM
Ya definetly!^^ if someone really wants your car they are going to get it!

Rollin_Eg
10-02-2007, 12:26 PM
Thanks Bro Need This

advert
10-02-2007, 03:09 PM
Ya definetly!^^ if someone really wants your car they are going to get it!

no there not. secure your car right and they will move on to the next car. the one that is done right.

if you have a alarm installed right with hood pin's in the rear and back up battery. the only real way your car will get stolen is with a tow truck.

now most thiefs that steal hondas are not going to waste there time and will just move onto the next.

not get a trailer.

bumpstick
10-04-2007, 01:46 AM
damn that comment about best buy made me mad. i work at best buy and my alarm installs are the shit. i do crazy shit that anyone getting paid $10 an hour shouldn't be doing. i defy that guy to try to spot one of my "under dash alarms" let alone disable it. but on a side note, when i used to live back east, EVERY SINGLE PERSON that i knew that had their car stolen, IT WAS STOLEN USING A FLATBED TOW TRUCK. no broken glass, no noise, no fingerprints. these fvcks steal cars for money. they don't play games. they will kill you for your car and they don't spend time trying to disable alarm systems. they back the flatbed up to your car, hook up chains to the front bumper supports, winch your baby on to the back, and they are gone in 1 minute. they can drive 5 blocks away, park, and spend all night trying to shut your alarm off if they know you can't hear your siren blasting. sorry for the rant i just hate being stereotyped as a mediocre installer, just because i work at the big box

lseg93
10-04-2007, 01:46 AM
good stuff...sticky!!! combine it with http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1554546 sticky by Sick79 "Car Security Tips" between the two of these we have a bunch of combinations to use better yet use all of 'em....ya i hate theives...its 2 am im waiting for them now...f'ers

anyone have/use "Trimtrac PRO GPS"??? or any other GPS or other locating system that they would recommend?

Aodhan
10-11-2007, 07:46 PM
disable it. but on a side note, when i used to live back east, EVERY SINGLE PERSON that i knew that had their car stolen, IT WAS STOLEN USING A FLATBED TOW TRUCK.

And how would you know that, unless it was witnessed?

Simple solution for the flatbed truck, tilt and motion sensors.

I'm looking at the Clifford G5 - Intelliguard 770 system.

It amazes me that people will drop thousands in mods and stuff for their car, and rely on a factory alarm. When my alarm system goes in, the Del Sol will have MAYBE new tires/rims and koni shocks/gc coils.

John

Its Shupe
10-15-2007, 09:38 AM
very good stuff

juan3023
10-17-2007, 12:33 PM
Thanks Bro Need This

x2

bumpstick
10-21-2007, 02:13 AM
And how would you know that, unless it was witnessed? John
unless it was witnessed? you don't get it do you? stolen car, no glass on the asphalt and a crazy alarm system aside, if a thief wants your car he is getting it. fuck what anybody else says. any moron with a flatbed can beat your car in one minute and then drive it ANYWHERE in the country, then spend as much time as they need stripping it and have all the parts sold before you can even get a bus pass. your tilt sensor will trigger the alarm, i'm sure of it. but you'll be in Price Club and you won't hear it go off and when you come out your shit will be gone. heaven forbid YOU actually catch a thief doing it. you'll watch him run away, never saying a word and it won't matter beacuse your baby will still be gone. have a nice car, don't show it off, box it in when you park at night, and catch thieves in the act. it is legal to use the necessary means to interrupt an individual during the commision of a crime. quit accusing me when you don't even know me. stop being part of the problem and start being part of the solution you mook