PDA

View Full Version : Hondata vs Neptune

Tipo R
10-04-2007, 07:40 AM
What do you guys reckon is the best ecu for honda's currently Hondata or Neptune

redwidow
10-04-2007, 09:29 AM
What do you guys reckon is the best ecu for honda's currently Hondata or Neptune

You can go to hondata and see which ecu's will work for Hondata and same goes for Neptune.. all in the tune in the end...:tits:

1lowtacoma
10-04-2007, 09:50 AM
i vouch for locash, they did my neptune tuning! i love it!

indub
10-04-2007, 10:04 AM
I think he meant to ask which is the better engine management to use, hondata or neptune.

Hondata S300 is definately the way to go. It will do everything you need, has on board-datalogging, and is super easy to use!

Mr.Burner
10-04-2007, 04:29 PM
^^X2 to that....i've seen it in action and has way more goodies then Neptune....
Hondata FTW!

boostedrex
10-04-2007, 04:40 PM
x3

Wholesaler
10-04-2007, 04:55 PM
^^X2 to that....i've seen it in action and has way more goodies then Neptune....
Hondata FTW!

only thing it has over neptune is the onboard logging. neptune has 3step and wireless capabilities

noVtecHERE
10-04-2007, 06:37 PM
Neptune over Hondata, nuff said...

Mafioso
10-04-2007, 07:18 PM
I say Neptune cuz I'm in love with James.

Tipo R
10-05-2007, 01:47 AM
i knew about the neptune's capabilities as two friends of mine have it (just because it was a cheaper and could do more a less the same and more they said) but truthfully speaking if im going to upgrade the ecu ive always heard and been told that HONDATA's are the best.

noVtecHERE
10-05-2007, 08:28 AM
if your not going boost i wouldnt, i like hondata S300 and Neptune, for boost i have heared better from Hondata, BUT and thats a big BUT only joe out here tunes neptune, so its hard to get a tuning side reply when you dont hear from him.... i hear about hondata all the time since people tune it themselves or know people...

Chinky
10-05-2007, 09:12 AM
idk if i heard him wrong but i think joe from locash said that he prefered the hondata over neptune...

locash
10-05-2007, 10:12 AM
Honestly, it all depends on your budget and what you want to be able to do with the system.

If you want dont mind paying a bit more money, and be able to make changes yourself and have onboard datalogging, the S300 is your best choice.

If you just want your car tuned, and don't need the extra aforementioned items, you can save a lot of money going with Neptune.

Mr.Burner
10-05-2007, 10:30 AM
only thing it has over neptune is the onboard logging. neptune has 3step and wireless capabilities

ya, thats the whole point right? with a big turbo motor, or even a well build NA car, wouldnt you want to see the logs? this is why most people blow there shit up, down the track it goes and who cares how its running, just run it....

Hondata still wins.

Wholesaler
10-05-2007, 01:13 PM
ya, thats the whole point right? with a big turbo motor, or even a well build NA car, wouldnt you want to see the logs? this is why most people blow there shit up, down the track it goes and who cares how its running, just run it....

Hondata still wins.

how many ppl actually have a wideband they keep on the car at all times so they can log properly? and if you have a car mounted wideband why the fuck arent you watching it real time?

Mr.Burner
10-05-2007, 05:05 PM
how many ppl actually have a wideband they keep on the car at all times so they can log properly? and if you have a car mounted wideband why the fuck arent you watching it real time?

i dont know how many people have widebands...
but i can say if you do have one its kinda hard to watch when your blasting 140mph 10sec passes, im more consintrated on the tach and whats in front of me going that fast, i'll leave it up to Hondata to record the data logs.

Hondata wins.

Mr.Burner
10-05-2007, 05:08 PM
Neptune over Hondata, nuff said...

You've never made enough power to have Hondata, nuff said.

Tipo R
10-08-2007, 08:42 AM
thanx again thinking of going Hondata becoz i know myself and im sure i would be wanting to boost mty car therefore if i would buy the neptune i would have to buy the Hondata in the long term also

18c
11-08-2007, 11:39 AM
thanx again thinking of going Hondata becoz i know myself and im sure i would be wanting to boost mty car therefore if i would buy the neptune i would have to buy the Hondata in the long term also
???????? neptune will work with boost as well...... the datalogging "issue" may be fixed soon i hear. also um yah i like neptune better. i think hondata is like the expensive hooker whose pretty good, but not as good as it should be.

bmxican
11-08-2007, 09:30 PM
You've never made enough power to have Hondata, nuff said.

lol:lmao::lmao::lmao:

HRTuning
11-29-2007, 02:17 PM
Sorry I didn't see this sooner. The NepTune RTP does allow you to log and make changes on the fly and is much less expensive than the Hondata s300. The software is available on the website if you want to check out the capabilities and there are sample tunes and logs to look at as well.

Why is it cheaper? Because I don't have as much overhead as Hondata does, I think good products should be affordable, and the RTP doesn't have onboard logging available at this time. If you don't need that specific feature, it's a very viable option to use. It's a proven product.

http://www.hrtuning.com