PDA

View Full Version : Dali racng NSX TA, open to all NOV 6/7 FIR-W

dantana
10-05-2007, 08:53 AM
Dali Racing is putting on an ALL NSX WEEKEND(not anymore) event this fall at FIREBIRD INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY with the help of Advanced Automotive Performance in PHX and our many sponsors.

When: November 3 & 4th 2007

What: The basic format is an NSX only* open track High Performance Driving Event (HPDE) that you all know and love all weekend with 1 "Time Attack" timed session held on the 2nd day for entertainment purposes only.

Where: to be held on the Firebird "West Test Track" - 1.1 Mile Road Course, incorporating 11 tight turns and a 3/8 mile straight-away. The elevated pit area overlooking the track is 8 feet higher than the surrounding terrain, the course itself has no signage which provides a generic background for film companies and continuous observation of test cars. This is a great place to hang out when you are not on the track as you can actually see the other cars for the whole length of the track!

Who: So far we have to following entries for the Time Attack portion of the weekend:

Dali Racing: (BOOSTZILLA)
GruppeM: (Alex's RED ROCKET)
Turbo Labs: (J&M Black Beauty)
TEAM NSX: (Mark Allan's RTR kit)
AutoWave: (fielding the AAP NSX with an AutoWave prepared CT blower)
Driving Ambition: (no one knows what they are doing but them)
Pikes Peak Acura: (its blue and fast)
Applied Motorsports: (some secret home brewed 600HP SC kit)
Factor X: (maybe - they are booked for SEMA, I'm beating on them to put together a 2nd car)
S0S: We have not heard from them yet.
Basch: Are any of the BBSCs still running? We have not heard from them yet either.

All the the other NSX Tuner guys that we could think of were also invited to come out to showcase their stuff -- this could be kinda fun if they are brave enough to show up.

---

I know that you are currently more focused on making sure that you set up the TiVo to catch every "new season premier" announced in the fall, but lets get serious for just a moment. The NSX Time Attack track event is coming up, and you will not want to miss it. November 3rd & 4th might sound like a long time from now, but trust me on this one, if there is anything you need to do to your NSX before then, it will be here before you know it and it is time to sit down and create your game plan to attend so that you do not miss out on all the fun.

There are enough able bodied NSXers in PHX alone to take every available slot in the event if they decide to go, so if you are interested in coming out to Firebird with us - whether just to hang out or let it all hang out on the track - don't put off signing up until you find out it is too late!

This will be the BIG NSX RELATED TRACK EVENT of the year in the SW region, (even if it is not being held in California) since no one hardly ever organizes anything, so you won't want to miss it.

EVENT UPDATES:

The NSXCA has joined in as a sponsor of the event.
HOOTERS has joined in as a sponsor of the event and is where we will have our Saturday night dinner and raffle.
SWIFT SPRINGS and ENEOS OIL have joined the sponsor group.

TPR Magazine will be covering the event, so you might get your 15 nanoseconds of fame in their pictorial.
Tech inspections for you local participants from the greater PHX area have been arranged to be available free of charge through Advanced Automotive Performance starting in October.
BZILLA Stage 3 might be dropping by to breathe some fire on the track, but we might have to settle for Stage2..
---

Everyone that has an NSX is welcome to come out and run with us in the other track event run groups and watch the Time Attack event, spend some time bs-ing with the participating vendors, hanging out etc.

The track event participant list will be limited to 42 TOTAL cars to give everyone out there enough elbow room to have some fun.. but the number of non on track participants is not, so plan to come out and support your favorite! (please no betting - we are not in LV!!)

Sessions will be 30 minutes long, giving you several HOURS of track time per day, with entries divided into in three run groups;

Beginner (15 cars) with passing allowed on the main straight only.
Advanced (15 cars) with passing allowed on all three straights.
Time Attack (12 cars max) with unlimited passing.

All the usual safety precautions will be taken, flag crew, on site ambulance, fire crew etc.

There is pretty much unlimited space for spectators in the paddock as I remember from the last time I was there..

Every registrant - whether in the on track or spectator groups will get a goodie bag stuffed with an event t-shirt and other goodies provided by our sponsors, (to be determined as we squeeze them) and be eligable for the raffle items.

Coffee and carbohydrates will be provided for breakfast both days by Acura of Peoria, and box lunches will be provided to you both days so you do not have an excuse to miss the drivers meeting or be late for your afternoon run group sessions.

---

Maps to the event, event hotel info and registration info etc is posted HERE, the hotel deal expires OCTOBER 11th.

*Speaking of EXPIRING (it has), the exclusively NSX-NESS of the event will expire then as well if we cannot fill it, and we will open the event to other marques. We need YOUR support to keep putting these events on.

More info at the NSX TUNER TIME ATTACK WEBSITE.

topramn
10-05-2007, 09:33 AM
who is dali racing.. i seen it but dont know who they are.. more info please?

dantana
10-05-2007, 09:47 AM
nsx club out of san diego. ran parump (spring mountain) with them for the past 6 years
great group of guys!

topramn
10-05-2007, 09:51 AM
you driving with them? im from san diego and know i have seen the logo prior to seeing it on jeffs car.. they need any help? workers?

dantana
10-05-2007, 10:18 AM
im sure they do. email jim for details
cozland@cox.net

ILIKETODRIVE
10-05-2007, 09:27 PM
I will be there doing some m4d JDM watching.

I <3 FIR West.

Coz
10-06-2007, 08:02 AM
Hey Guys,
Jim Cozzolino here from Advanced Automotive Performance in Tempe, AZ...
I'm Co-Producing this event with Dali Racing.
The event is being held Sat. 11/3 and Sun 11/4.
Information can be found at: www.nsxtimeattack.com
The event has been opened up to all Honda/Acura's.
You can sign up for the weekend or a single day of track time.
We're trying to keep this event all Honda/Acura's....
Would love to have you guys out there with us !
If I can answer any questions, please let me know.
Thanks.
Jim

Coz
10-06-2007, 08:04 AM
You bet, you're more than welcome to come out and join in. We'd love to have you out there with us.

you driving with them? im from san diego and know i have seen the logo prior to seeing it on jeffs car.. they need any help? workers?

topramn
10-06-2007, 08:11 PM
sounds good jim.. see you there.. let me know if you need more corner workers and such.. i could probably arrange for some to be there if needed..

Coz
10-08-2007, 09:00 AM
We're covered corner worker wise, but we will need some help in other area's for sure...Starting grid, track exit, etc....
We also need some more sign ups for the track event itself. If we can't fill a few more spots, we may have to scale it down to 1 day. Just not getting the support for the track time we had hoped.
We are also taking 1 day sign up's as well hoping to keep both days....160.00 for 1 day of track time which would be 4 - 30 minute sessons, 2 hours of track time total.
Thanks and I look forward to meeting you...

sounds good jim.. see you there.. let me know if you need more corner workers and such.. i could probably arrange for some to be there if needed..

topramn
10-08-2007, 09:52 AM
perfect.. i am very familiar with grid setup at fir west track.. usually at FIR West with NASA Arizona, i have sole control of grid and track exit so that shouldnt be a problem at all..

Coz
10-08-2007, 10:08 AM
Very cool....Welcome aboard...
If you have a car to track, bring it along. This way you'll be able to take it out during one of the sessions for helping out.....

We really need some sign up's......

I'll be at my shop for most of the week starting tomorrow. Finsihing the build out. If you have time, stop by. I'm there from 8 am to usually 3 pm right now.
1126 N. Scottsdale Road, Tempe. On the NW corner of Scottsdale & Curry. Look for the sign that says Madhouse Records. This is the corner I'm moving into.

Thanks Ramen....!

perfect.. i am very familiar with grid setup at fir west track.. usually at FIR West with NASA Arizona, i have sole control of grid and track exit so that shouldnt be a problem at all..

BlueTeg
10-08-2007, 11:07 AM
What are the rates for one day, specifically Sunday?

I just want to sign up for the 4 sessions + Time Attack on Sunday. Don't really need (read: want) to drive both days.

I sent an email to Mark on Friday, but have yet to hear back from him. My friend and I are ready to reg and pay, but need an answer to the questions I sent to Mark.

Coz
10-08-2007, 11:32 AM
Normally 160.00 for one day per car. But since you have 2 people, yourself and a friend, we'll do 150.00 per car for Sunday, plus 20.00 to enter the TA event.
Please contact me at: cozland@cox.net and I will let you know where to send the check. So for 2 people plus 1 TA, it would be 320.00.
I will get you registered once I get your info at my e-mail address.

You are also welcome to join us during the day Sat if nothing else but just to hang out with us and at Hooters on Sat. night as well. We'd love to have you there too.

Thanks a bunch for the support....! We really appreciate it.

What are the rates for one day, specifically Sunday?

I just want to sign up for the 4 sessions + Time Attack on Sunday. Don't really need (read: want) to drive both days.

I sent an email to Mark on Friday, but have yet to hear back from him. My friend and I are ready to reg and pay, but need an answer to the questions I sent to Mark.

topramn
10-08-2007, 11:36 AM
N/m

topramn
10-08-2007, 11:45 AM
Very cool....Welcome aboard...
If you have a car to track, bring it along. This way you'll be able to take it out during one of the sessions for helping out.....

I'll be at my shop for most of the week starting tomorrow. Finsihing the build out. If you have time, stop by. I'm there from 8 am to usually 3 pm right now.
1126 N. Scottsdale Road, Tempe. On the NW corner of Scottsdale & Curry. Look for the sign that says Madhouse Records. This is the corner I'm moving into.

Thanks Ramen....!

unfortunately, the car im building for track probably wont be ready in time..

Agent Smith
10-08-2007, 11:49 AM
Am I the only one confused on the dates? is it the 3rd & 4th or 6th & 7th?

Coz
10-08-2007, 11:50 AM
Bummer brother....
We look forward to seeing you all the same !
And thanks Ramen for offering to help out, really great of you.....
I'm going to be hooking up with Jason from NASA here in the near future. I'm going to work out some sponsorships situations with him through my shop to support NASA and AZ Club racing. They are a great bunch of guys.

Coz
10-08-2007, 11:53 AM
Brother Dan posted the wrong dates on the header.....
The event is on Sat, 11/3 and Sunday 11/4.
Sorry about the confusion.

Am I the only one confused on the dates? is it the 3rd & 4th or 6th & 7th?

topramn
10-08-2007, 12:07 PM
Bummer brother....
We look forward to seeing you all the same !
And thanks Ramen for offering to help out, really great of you.....
I'm going to be hooking up with Jason from NASA here in the near future. I'm going to work out some sponsorships situations with him through my shop to support NASA and AZ Club racing. They are a great bunch of guys.

awesome.. we had a great event over the weekend.. i got a lil sun burnt but no biggie..

Kinetic
10-08-2007, 02:00 PM
sounds interesting............... might have to weld up the header sooner than expected

maybe even put the supercharger on............

Vtecracer
10-08-2007, 08:14 PM
admission fee? spectators?

Coz
10-08-2007, 08:18 PM
Not at all.
The only charge would be if you want Breakfast, supplied by Acura of Peoria as a sponsor, a Box Lunch and unlimited soft drinks & water supplied by us. Then the charge for this is 20.00 per day to cover the costs.
It's not mandatory though....Just helps us cover the expense.

admission fee? spectators?

Coz
10-08-2007, 08:19 PM
:thumbup:

sounds interesting............... might have to weld up the header sooner than expected

maybe even put the supercharger on............

MobileHID
10-08-2007, 10:38 PM

Hey Jim!!

I'll swing by your shop tomorrow! :) See ya there man.

Clifford

Coz
10-09-2007, 05:11 AM
Cool Clifford, look forward to seeing you.
Jim

BlueTeg
10-09-2007, 10:10 AM
All signed up and paid as of this morning.

Nice to meet you Jim.

Would love to see some more H-cars out there. This is THE best RR track for FF Hondas.

Tage
10-09-2007, 02:16 PM
This is THE best RR track for FF Hondas.

x2

I'm looking forward to it!

Coz
10-09-2007, 05:09 PM
Great meeting you too Gabe...Look forward to spending more time with you.

All signed up and paid as of this morning.
Nice to meet you Jim.
Would love to see some more H-cars out there. This is THE best RR track for FF Hondas.

Coz
10-09-2007, 05:13 PM
Does this mean I have someone to send my Gearbox work to ? :0

[QUOTE=Tage;572174]x2

Tage
10-09-2007, 05:40 PM
Does this mean I have someone to send my Gearbox work to ? :0

[QUOTE=Tage;572174]x2

Absolutely! Plenty of folks should be able to vouch for my work. I've rebuild *around* (maybe more) 200 Honda/Acura transmissions... Contact me offline via PM if you want to sync up on a partnership.

Coz
10-09-2007, 06:07 PM
PM sent.

Contact me offline via PM if you want to sync up on a partnership.

Agent Smith
10-09-2007, 07:05 PM
Vouch for Tage any day.

ILIKETODRIVE
10-09-2007, 07:12 PM
I will be sending you an E-Mail. I would love to get some track time in on Sunday. :thumbup:

Like I said, I <3 FIR West.

MobileHID
10-10-2007, 01:34 AM
Jim - I swung by around 1ish... missed ya. You going to be around tomorrow?

Coz
10-10-2007, 08:56 AM
You must have just missed me. Got there at 6am, installed the lifts and left right at 1.
Not going to be there on Wednesday, but will be there Thursday and Friday from
10am to 3pm.

Jim - I swung by around 1ish... missed ya. You going to be around tomorrow?

Coz
10-10-2007, 08:58 AM
Cool...Look forward to hearing from you.

I will be sending you an E-Mail. I would love to get some track time in on Sunday. :thumbup:

Like I said, I <3 FIR West.

Coz
10-19-2007, 12:07 AM
Just to let everyone know, we are cutting this event down to 1 day which will be Sat. November 3rd.

As it stands now, we have maybe 20 entries if those that have said yes actually pay and show up, which means Dali Racing and I are taking a bath and will lose probably 3grand by going through with it for the 1 day. Had we stayed with 2 days, we would have lost 7+ grand. Neither one of us can afford that kind of loss.

We figure there would be more NSX owners, but as it turns out, seems most here in Arizona are just posers that only talk a good story and then nowhere to be found when it's on the table :(

However we started this and both Mark & I want to see it through, so with relationship I have with Firebird, they are helping us get through it so we can have at least 1 day out there and have some fun.

We'll still run the TA group and the A & B groups. We figure each group will get at least 4 to 5 - 30 minute sessions.

We're asking for $175.00 for the day. Peoria Honda/Acura will be providing breakfast free of charge. Coffee, Jucies, Donuts, Begels, etc...If you want food for lunch, you will have to bring it yourself which is OK with FB. We figure that's more than fair for a day like this.

We can still do the dinner get together thing at Hooters for those attending that are up to it at the end of the day...We'll kick it around on Sat. while out there....Participants and well as spectators...

We'll also need some volunteers for corner workers if anyone wants to help out...We'd appreciate any support anyone wants to give...We could use the help.

That's it in a nut shell guys...hope to see some of you out there...