PDA

View Full Version : Help...How to get Paint off of Door Panels.

asianbluesi
10-08-2007, 03:27 AM
I've got 2 96-00 civic door panels that have what looks like paint on them.

What can I use to remove this without harming the door panel?

Chiodos
10-08-2007, 06:20 AM
post pics... is it paint, or shitty wrap..? might be easier to just buy some new/used ones

asianbluesi
10-08-2007, 07:53 AM
post pics... is it paint, or shitty wrap..? might be easier to just buy some new/used ones

Its either paint or primer.
I'll work on getting some pics up.

bigchris85
10-09-2007, 09:31 PM
thinner on a dap rag

elbowpunk
10-09-2007, 09:46 PM
thinner will take the main paint off... is it hard core sprayed on... or more like a dust on ... if its dust on, u can TRY to cray bar ur car ... that MIGHT get it off... or u can wet sand it eh 2500 ... then with hig speed buffer use a polishing compound with a wool cloth then hit it with a foam pad with rubbing compound to bring the shine back...

asianbluesi
10-10-2007, 08:38 PM
thinner will take the main paint off... is it hard core sprayed on... or more like a dust on ... if its dust on, u can TRY to cray bar ur car ... that MIGHT get it off... or u can wet sand it eh 2500 ... then with hig speed buffer use a polishing compound with a wool cloth then hit it with a foam pad with rubbing compound to bring the shine back...

Naw...its just some paint or primer that splattered onto my vinyl door panel.
I was planning on using paint thinner to get it off....i just dont know if the thinner is too strong and will fade the vinyl.

Crazy88
01-28-2008, 08:26 PM
Paint thinner may not do as much as you think. Try "Goof Off". I bought a car with a riced out interior with gold paint everywhere. Goof Off wiped it right off.

vtecH
02-13-2008, 09:10 AM
Paint thinner may not do as much as you think. Try "Goof Off". I bought a car with a riced out interior with gold paint everywhere. Goof Off wiped it right off.

hmm...didn't know that would work
I would just personally replace the door panels, for what kinda car are you trying to take to paint off of the panels?

mr.DUNK
02-19-2008, 10:11 PM
just sand the door down with 80grit, then 120grit. if its down to bare metal, you will need to etch primer it and then put a high build primer on it. after that block it off with 320grit to see if you have hig or low spots. then re primer it and block it off with 400grit wet....then it will be ready for paint