PDA

View Full Version : Mushy Shifting H22 trans

fivesfe
10-10-2007, 01:08 PM
Just picked up a h22 eg, the shifterfeels extremely mushy or spongy and it makes it hard to shift quick. I search on honda tech and it seems to be a common problem, but i could not find a solution.

Anyone have any ideas?

Wholesaler
10-10-2007, 01:09 PM
cables man... always offer shitty shifter feel. try metal shifter bushings or replacing the cables with new non worn out ones.

2point6
10-10-2007, 02:09 PM
Just picked up a h22 eg, the shifterfeels extremely mushy or spongy and it makes it hard to shift quick. I search on honda tech and it seems to be a common problem, but i could not find a solution.

Anyone have any ideas?

Aaron, is this the blue EG I built? If so the cables were worn pretty bad, but the previous owner never replaced them.

I have a good set of cables here at the shop if you like.

fivesfe
10-10-2007, 02:55 PM
Its not the blue eg, my good friend bought that one not to long ago though, he was sayign he has the same problems.

I have also noticed that the trans is leaking some fluid from the shifter housing(if thats what its called) Is there a seal that goes in there?

I am having some problems with reverse to, i bought the car this morning and it was going in reverse fine, but after driving it around a bit up in phx i noticed it wouldnt go into reverse. Ima fill er up with trans fluid and hope it fixes the problem, but i have been reading about it and it seems to be a common problem.

Ima try to stop by your shop tommarow scott to see if you can help me out with this car.

kawgomoo
10-21-2007, 07:07 PM
the shifter plate in teh car is held down with big squishy rubber things. search dsm websites for stiffening the shifter with washers. you just use fender washers to replace the rubber bushings. dont worry the shifter is the similar design for both cars so the eclipse tutorial should be all you need.

also on the tranny end you can replace those rubber bushings with machined aluminium or bronze bushings. not sure who sells these, they do have them for dsm's never looked for hondas. easy enough to have made though.

shifter plate mod should be what your looking for though.

AgentTed
10-27-2007, 09:17 AM
call collective they do alot of h22 stuff