PDA

View Full Version : timing problem ?

ghost9000
10-12-2007, 09:22 PM
Okay my bro has a 99 si w/b16a in it he bout the car from sum dude .Well he only had the car for two weeks.One day he was driving and the car just died after that it didnt start turned over but didint start so we check the starter ,altanater,battrey,fuel,all was working and check to see if getting spark no spark so after cecking the distributor he ended up buying a whole new one.Still no start so next check the timing when trying to find TDC my brother turned the main crank clockwies whitch was wrong so after finding that out we turned it the right way turns out that the top didnt match the bottom the puley is an unorthdox it has tow marrks on it.so we pulled the belt off and turned the bottom end until it was lined up...After that the car started but idled like shit so we moved the distributor and the idle went almost to normal.so after driving the car all day when he tried to start it it didnt start so we took off the valve cover and the intake cam is off by a little bit after pulling the belt off and turning the cam back the car started after a day it did the same thing some times it will start but idle like shit. I dont know whats wrong with car and he doesnt have any money to take it shop so if any body has any sugjestions Iam all ears thanks.