PDA

View Full Version : Oil in intake manifold. How the fuck????

I Hate Import Cars
10-19-2007, 12:09 PM
Okay, B16A2. Intake manifold is totally sealed up. PCV system is blocked off, blah blah blah. Here's the setup. Stock throttle body and IAC valve, so those have coolant going to them, (but there's no coolant in the manifold so I'm not concerned with those), fuel to the rail for the injectors, and THAT'S IT for fluids in, on, or around the manifold. The motor has been burning oil like mad from day 1! I took off the mani about 2 months ago, and there was a little oil in the bottom of each runner right at the port flange. It was nice, clean, golden, wet oil, not crappy whatever from vapors or anything, like from the PCV that's not there anyway. I cleaned it out, put it back together, then yesterday I took the whole head off, and the manifold was the same as before. HOW THE FUCK CAN OIL GET IN THERE?!?!

My only thought on this one is MASSIVE amounts of reversion, combined with bad valve seals and guides, and a little unicorn running through the crankcase, bathed in oil. In other words, NO FUCKING CLUE! Anyone have ANY idea on this one?

Mafioso
10-19-2007, 12:11 PM
Unicorn. FUCKING UNICORNS.

Mafioso
10-19-2007, 12:11 PM
http://www.sux2b.us/images/Charlie1.png

I Hate Import Cars
10-19-2007, 12:18 PM
HAHAHAHAHA!!!! THAT'S IT! I saw that rock-dwelling blob creature in the oil pan last night!

Mafioso
10-19-2007, 12:21 PM
It's a leopluradon.. a magical leopluradon.

I Hate Import Cars
10-19-2007, 12:41 PM
Wow. Could you explain that please? I mean, A Liger, I can figure that out. But a leopluradon? I don't even know where to start!