PDA

View Full Version : Ek radiator support Help please...

JspecSi
10-20-2007, 11:40 PM
Well i just bought this ek the whole body is strait motor is still running strong. only problem is it was involved in a small accident that bent the radiator support, hoping its not an expensive job or complicating. i dont have body work experience but im a quick learner..
Well bottom line is has anyone ever replaced the whole front radiator support? i already bought a new support should be here sometimes next week.. any tips or a shop that can do them for a reasonable amount.
I know i have to take off the weld spots and reweld a new support in. I have never done this before so im just asking people here that has done that sort of things. I wana do it right not half assed..please help and thanks in advance.:hello:

I will be posting pics on here and keep you guys updated on this new project. car looks like shit right now but cant wait to work on it.

JspecSi
10-21-2007, 01:08 PM
Anyone?

JspecSi
10-21-2007, 09:41 PM
how do i get the support out with out damaging the frame? any tips anyone please??

JDM_sohc
10-22-2007, 12:28 PM
my ek was in an accident and i had to replace my whole radiator support too. the only problem you will have is maybe realigning the support up with the fenders. its easy to do if you know where to drill out all of the tig welds(or is it tack welds) the only reason why i am sending mines to the shop is because some other parts are messed up as well and i dont do body repair. but its pretty easy.

bigchris85
10-22-2007, 10:30 PM
after u get it off. fit the support on with the fenders an hood on, then bolt the fenders on without weldin the support on, then move left or right if needed just watch the lines between the fenders an hood make sure even on both sides, an clap the support on to the car, remove fenders an weld

JspecSi
10-24-2007, 10:38 PM
ttt i got some what of an idea how to do this.