PDA

View Full Version : omg please help me

superfaststreetracer
10-22-2007, 03:26 PM
ok i have a problem. i have a 97 hx(obd2). i thought it was a wonderful idea to upgrade the fuel economy stock engine to a single cam vtec. problem is i chose a d16z6(obd1) so nothing is matching up. right now i have the z6 in my car running, but not well at all. no suprise there because i have the obd2 harness hooked up to the obd1 engine( i spliced the distributor and injectors in and also have a obd2to obd1 jumper harness on the ecu). Now i have in my pocession the z6 engine harness but because it is 0bd1 it wont hook up with any of the wiring for the car.

PLease give me any insights on what to do. if you know of anyshops that i can take it to and get it fixed/running right and can do it cost effectivly lmk who they are. or if you have any ideas on what could fix it i would appreciate it. thank in advance

superfaststreetracer
10-22-2007, 03:47 PM
somebody plz

RHDDonnieee
10-22-2007, 03:49 PM
just use your stock harness and use obd2 injectors and dizzy and alternator ... and then all u have to do from their is wire vtec if the car doesnt alredy have it

superfaststreetracer
10-22-2007, 03:57 PM
ok so i need to use the obd 2 harness, find 0bd 2 injectors and obd2 alternator. I already have vtec wired.
is it ok to use the spliced in obd1 dizzy(it goes with the d16z6)
and the problem im having is with the idle. im not sure whats going on with the vacuum lines. i have the one in the back plugged. its idleing low(around 600) and is fluxuating. its also throwing a sensor.

superfaststreetracer
10-23-2007, 12:13 PM
come on guys anything else? know of a good shop that does good work cheap style?

superfaststreetracer
10-24-2007, 12:44 PM
heard that hondata can override all the sensors and fix my feul/air mixture problem, rev problem and idle problem. what you guys think?

INTEGRA DC2
10-28-2007, 09:39 PM
what kind off idle problems were you having?? is it fluctuating?? maybe idle air control valve?? everyone always has problems with them LMK if you need more Help i can meet up with you again if need be?? you still got my number??

Weeman
11-02-2007, 04:27 PM
ill work my magic and put the two harnesses together like factory if you would like.

superfaststreetracer
11-05-2007, 11:39 AM
im thinking that i can get a y8(single cam vtec obd2) manifold and injectors and it will all work with my obd2 harness?