PDA

View Full Version : Help on tires?

Pendulum
11-06-2007, 05:26 PM
How do know what tires are better than others, besides price? I'm looking for some good tires under $100 each, if possible. I was lookin to spend around 70-80, but if there's something equal yet cheaper that's cool lol.
Help a brotha out?

jägermeister
11-06-2007, 05:27 PM
what size?

I've stuck with Toyo Proxes just becuase they seem to last much longer.

Tires have different ratings and treadlife as well which can help determine the best bang for the buck.

SweetNuts
11-06-2007, 05:28 PM
I just got these Riken Raptors and they are pretty sweet. great grip and were only $86 a piece for 18s

Pendulum
11-06-2007, 05:30 PM
I have Azenis on it now, I'm lookin for something with similar grip.

The President
11-06-2007, 05:31 PM
for daily rollers I like the Kuhmo Ecsta AST. I have these on my car b/c the tread wear is 400 so they'll last you a pretty long time. they also hold the road pretty good. I had them on for the Sedona run and they held great coming back down through the twisties.

ILIKETODRIVE
11-06-2007, 05:32 PM
I have Azenis on it now, I'm lookin for something with similar grip.

Depending on size, you won't be able to find something similar for the price. Azenis FTW.

Pendulum
11-06-2007, 05:40 PM
205/55R15
Where can I do some shopping online? Tirerack is kinda limited. No Falkens...

Kinetic
11-06-2007, 05:42 PM
hankook rs2 www.discounttiredirect.com

anti-ricer
11-06-2007, 05:54 PM
for daily rollers I like the Kuhmo Ecsta AST. I have these on my car b/c the tread wear is 400 so they'll last you a pretty long time. they also hold the road pretty good. I had them on for the Sedona run and they held great coming back down through the twisties.

I like these wheels also!!!:clapper:

The President
11-06-2007, 05:59 PM
I like these wheels also!!!:clapper:

:idiot: wow
Find something better to do with your time.

"for use on my daily rollers..."

make you feel better?

anti-ricer
11-06-2007, 05:59 PM

WTF?

anti-ricer
11-06-2007, 06:06 PM

"for use on my daily rollers..."

make you feel better?

Dont know what the hell your talking about, but whatever! I have those same wheels as "daily rollers". Just stating that I like the tires.

The President
11-06-2007, 07:03 PM
oh. thought you were being a smart ass about the wording of my post. my bad dude. what wheels do you have though? I never mentioned anything about wheels. but yes the tires are very good for daily driving.

Agent Smith
11-06-2007, 07:05 PM
azenis ftw, nothing better for the $ that I've seen...
vulcantire.com
citytireonline.com
discountiredirect.com

anti-ricer
11-06-2007, 07:08 PM
oh. thought you were being a smart ass about the wording of my post. my bad dude. what wheels do you have though? I never mentioned anything about wheels. but yes the tires are very good for daily driving.
I meant i have the same tires! Its all good *no smartass here!*

DJ Hookid
11-06-2007, 07:11 PM
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r124/felipecruzjr/BFGG-force.jpg

nuff sed

Rufus
11-06-2007, 07:11 PM
I've had Nittos, Kuhmos, Toyos, but I like my current Falkens the best. Noise is my biggest complaint and these are quiet

Agent Smith
11-06-2007, 07:16 PM
http://www.stopandgotires.com/models/Azenis-RT-615.jpg>http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r124/felipecruzjr/BFGG-force.jpg

boostedrex
11-06-2007, 09:07 PM
^^^^ looks good, thats a winner

drift4agze
11-14-2007, 06:21 PM
Best tires, all-season.Among standard all-season tires, the T-rated Yokohama Avid TRZ gets excellent ratings in reviews for wet and dry acceleration and braking, along with a comfortable ride and low noise. A new silica tread compound has improved traction in snow, allowing the tire to remain pliable at lower temperatures. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) verifies that the Yokohama has exceptional treadlife, a claim supported by Yokohama's 80,000-mile treadwear warranty. The Falken Ziex also performs well, but isn't as good in snow and has a shorter treadwear rating. (Price estimate based on 215/60TR16 tire size.) (compare prices)
• Falken Ziex ZE512
(*est. $60)

>> Where to buy Best value, all-season tires.The Falken Ziex ZE512 are an excellent value, say reviews, but the tradeoff (compared to the Yokohama Avid TRZ) is a shorter 60,000-mile treadwear warranty. The Falken gets excellent scores for wet and dry performance, but the Yokohama is better in snow. Both tires handle well, and are exceptionally quiet compared to other tires. If you live in a mild climate, the T-rated Falken Ziex has the edge. For areas that get more snow, the Yokohama Avid TRZ is a slightly better choice, according to reviews. (Price estimate based on 215/60TR16 tire size.)
• BF Goodrich Traction T/A
(*est. $80)

>> Where to buy High-performance all-season tires.Moving up to a high-performance tire gets you better handling over other all-season tires, but at the expense of ride and treadlife. Along with the Bridgestone Turanza, reviews say the Traction A/T all-season tire is the best choice in a long-life, durable, all-weather tire for cars or minivans. In testing, the H-rated BF Goodrich Traction T/A achieves the best balance of performance factors in a comparison with four other popular tires. Reviewers say the Traction T/A strikes a balance of ride quality, wet and dry braking, below-average tread noise and value. The Traction T/A comes in H, T and V speed ratings and carries a 60,000-mile limited treadlife warranty. (Price estimate based on 215/60HR16 tire size.) (compare prices)
• Bridgestone Turanza LS-H
(*est. $115)

>> Where to buy High-performance all-season, wet climates.The Turanza LS-H tires get excellent scores for resistance to hydroplaning and wet-road cornering ability; experts say the tire's water-evacuation channels work very well. As a touring tire, the Turanza is meant to ride a little better than a high-performance tire like the BF Goodrich Traction T/A, which is optimized for cornering and quick maneuvers. The LS-H is one of only 3% of tires to earn the NHTSA's rating of AA for traction. The 50,000-mile treadwear warranty signifies its designation as a performance tire. (Price estimate based on 215/60HR16 tire size.) (compare prices)
• Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3
(*est. $150)

>> Where to buy Maximum performance summer tires.It's been a good year for the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3, picking up top-rankings in some major reviews, including a recent 11-tire hands-on test at Car and Driver magazine. Like all max-performance tires, the Eagle F1 GS-D3 isn't meant for winter conditions at all, and there is no treadwear warranty. This tire is for the enthusiast who values performance over value. (Price estimate based on 225/45R/17 tire size.)

Splashystrwbery
11-16-2007, 02:51 AM
i think im the only one who doesnt like azenis..

nitto neogens are cheep, and quiet! and theyre nittos!!!!! :inlove:

i have them on my crx

a little more $$..

i have nitto nt555's on my del sol.. i havnt felt a better grip from a street tire.. they are FANtASTIC @ high speeds, and take corners like a dream..

<333333333

also, i dont know if this matter to you, but the azenis have a speed rating of V.. while the nt555's are a Z rating..

idk how fast u go.. but i know i prefer a Z rating

neogens

http://www.wheelselections.com/images/17tire7.jpg

nt555's

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/mustangtuning/nitto-nt555-2.jpg

the only street tire nitto offers that performs high then the nt555 is the invo..

http://www.avtogumi.com/snimki/362.png

SlowCivicHmm
11-16-2007, 03:00 AM
I just like falken in general....

I can't wait to try out my 912's for dailys....

Azenis are a good track tire.......from what I've heard the new 615 doesn't have many issues with heat as the older model did....

anyone use Kumho MX??

The azenis is not a good launchgrip/drag tire....side wall too stiff....