PDA

View Full Version : Cat Question????

BBSick
11-08-2007, 01:12 AM
Are all 96-00 cat's the same besides the em1, or are they all the same?
DX, CX, EX, HX, DX (coupe), Si?

NSXR
11-08-2007, 01:15 AM
i don't have an ek but they should all be the same.

BBSick
11-08-2007, 02:13 AM
I have heard all are the same besides EM1, need to make sure because my exhaust is ghetto rigged so need a stock cat for the exhaust install.

jdmcivic1
11-08-2007, 06:43 AM
its been a few years but i had a 98 dx and if i remember correctly i believe the cat was attached to the exhaust manifold and it wasnt the same as the ex models. but not completely sure...

SlowLS
11-08-2007, 08:00 AM
its been a few years but i had a 98 dx and if i remember correctly i believe the cat was attached to the exhaust manifold and it wasnt the same as the ex models. but not completely sure...

thatsa true, I own a DX and the cat was attahed to the exhaust mani. I put headers on now my check engine light is on. They sell aftermarket cats on ebay for as cheap as 10.00 plus shipping with the o2 sensor holes already drilled.

JDM_sohc
11-08-2007, 09:00 AM
thatsa true, I own a DX and the cat was attahed to the exhaust mani. I put headers on now my check engine light is on. They sell aftermarket cats on ebay for as cheap as 10.00 plus shipping with the o2 sensor holes already drilled.

yeah they do!! you get what you pay for and as soon as you got to emissions you'll fail!! i know from experience that those ebay cats are shit. they a simple design that dont work. the reason why the em1 is different is because its a DOHC engine. the ex had the SOHC V and a different length header. a good way to get rid of the CEL is to either get a good cat welded to the exhaust or you can always run OBD1 the cheaper of the alternative. just a lil fyi.

SlowLS
11-08-2007, 09:03 AM
yeah they do!! you get what you pay for and as soon as you got to emissions you'll fail!! i know from experience that those ebay cats are shit. they a simple design that dont work. the reason why the em1 is different is because its a DOHC engine. the ex had the SOHC V and a different length header. a good way to get rid of the CEL is to either get a good cat welded to the exhaust or you can always run OBD1 the cheaper of the alternative. just a lil fyi.

I can always get the EX Cat Right?

BBSick
11-08-2007, 01:57 PM
thanks for the input guys but here's the thing the car is a 98 dx hatch the motor is a b16a2 from a em1 and its currently got megan racing headers so what cat do I need to work with the motor, headers, and fujitsubo power getter exhaust?

JDM_sohc
11-08-2007, 05:34 PM
I can always get the EX Cat Right?

if you can find one sure, but there are also after market ones that are good too. i think there is a vendor on this site that sells after market cats

thanks for the input guys but here's the thing the car is a 98 dx hatch the motor is a b16a2 from a em1 and its currently got megan racing headers so what cat do I need to work with the motor, headers, and fujitsubo power getter exhaust?

if you can find a si cat your good to go. just make sure the cat lines up right. me personally i'd look at getting a CTR cat. thats if you can find one!!