PDA

View Full Version : which is the best? (crome, uberdata, hondata, etc.)

97turbodelsol
11-13-2007, 08:44 AM
hey guys, im trying to figure out witch is the best to put in my setup. ill be buying a p06 chipped. i can get it chipped for either crome, uberdata, or hondata. i personally read that crome is the better choice. any input would be greatly appriciated!

Mr.Burner
11-13-2007, 11:45 AM
hondata. read there web sight.
with chrome and uber, you'll have idle hunts...terrible.
plus, if your going to boost, S300 is the way to go, it has the best options.
Im sure there will be someone who disagrees, there always is.

Wholesaler
11-13-2007, 12:27 PM

dont have idle problems with crome, if you do you're probably using an older version

Mr.Burner
11-13-2007, 06:32 PM
s300 is still better. expecially for boost

Wholesaler
11-13-2007, 07:06 PM
s300 is still better. expecially for boost.
both edit fuel and ignition tables the same so i dont know how you can say one is better then the other for boost. Now if you said s300 is more feature rich then that would be a true statement.

Mr.Burner
11-13-2007, 10:08 PM
another pointless argument, i have used chrome and it sucks, plus not to many "real" tuners like to use it, i have just never seen a good experiance with it.......end of conversation.

Wholesaler
11-13-2007, 10:55 PM
another pointless argument, i have used chrome and it sucks, plus not to many "real" tuners like to use it, i have just never seen a good experiance with it.......end of conversation.

For someone that supposedly know a lot about it you can't even spell it right. There is plenty of 10 second hondas running on crome, what specifically do you have a problem with? Mr tuner

DeeDub
11-13-2007, 11:03 PM
Uberdata is ubercool!!!!!

RhdRicheeee
11-13-2007, 11:04 PM
damn alot of gametimes tonight

93silverprelude
11-13-2007, 11:04 PM

Hahahaha

*inFamous*
11-13-2007, 11:10 PM
guys, its honeslty personal preference. Its like comparing green apples to red apples, some people like one more than the other

Wholesaler
11-13-2007, 11:11 PM

Ok tweek

Wholesaler
11-13-2007, 11:34 PM
guys, its honeslty personal preference. Its like comparing green apples to red apples, some people like one more than the other

Exactly the point I was making. Both will get you your desired afr's and timing. It just comes down to what features you want. To say one just sucks is plain ignorant.

Mr.Burner
11-14-2007, 10:44 AM

well shit let me quote myself now, like IntegraLS said, its a personal pref. like i stated, and most people i talk to have never liked it. Not to mention with hondata, no more burning of chips.
I must be a proud ignorant then, cause cHrome sucks
What it comes down to is most people on here are cheap asses and always want something free or damn near close to it.
and dont hate on my spelling "Mr." English teacher.

advert
11-14-2007, 10:59 AM
well shit let me quote myself now, like IntegraLS said, its a personal pref. like i stated, and most people i talk to have never liked it. Not to mention with hondata, no more burning of chips.
What it comes down to is most people on here are cheap asses and always want something free or damn near close to it.

man you make no since at all.

you just say it sucks cause you dont like it. wich is in fact ignorant.

you so got us on that statement about burning chips. i ran chrome for 2 years and never burned a chip once. have your ever heard of emulation. wow omg same way hondata works.

you have no facts.

you seem like one of those guys that goes on to honda-tech and does what ever the bandwagan tells you to do.

Wholesaler
11-14-2007, 11:07 AM
Lol, man neptune must suck then cause you have to burn a chip without the rtp version. Wait... so neptune is better for boost then hondata cause if has even more features then s300?

Rufus
11-14-2007, 11:12 AM
My OEM ECU seems to kick ass and it works EVERYDAY

Mr.Burner
11-14-2007, 11:45 AM
man you make no since at all.

you just say it sucks cause you dont like it. wich is in fact ignorant.

you so got us on that statement about burning chips. i ran chrome for 2 years and never burned a chip once. have your ever heard of emulation. wow omg same way hondata works.

you have no facts.

you seem like one of those guys that goes on to honda-tech and does what ever the bandwagan tells you to do.

ya i guess its ignorant to have your opinion's, i've used it and it sucks, ever since the s300 its been headacheless.
And i dont need a bandwagon to tell me what to do, you fag. And if i was checking out what people were doing on other sites to make shit better and faster, sure as hell wouldnt be this site cause everyone on here is a bunch of lowballin broke asses that cant build shit for shit, makin the execption of a few people.. and thats a fact

Wholesaler
11-14-2007, 12:57 PM
ya i guess its ignorant to have your opinion's, i've used it and it sucks, ever since the s300 its been headacheless.
And i dont need a bandwagon to tell me what to do, you fag. And if i was checking out what people were doing on other sites to make shit better and faster, sure as hell wouldnt be this site cause everyone on here is a bunch of lowballin broke asses that cant build shit for shit, makin the execption of a few people.. and thats a fact

Awe resorting to name calling already.

egcrk90
11-14-2007, 01:02 PM
s300 works great on my car go hondata

Mr.Burner
11-14-2007, 01:25 PM
Awe resorting to name calling already.

what? the word fag? look it up, its simply a cigarette ;)

locash
11-14-2007, 02:35 PM
Actually, the main reason I do not tune Crome is that it has a KNOWN issue with timing control on boosted applications. You can tell me that I'm wrong, but if you'd like, you can pay for the dyno time and supply a car to blow up, and I'll prove it to you. :)

We won't mention the fact that there are 8 million clowns making the available plugins for Crome, and it seems that some of them don't communicate very well. :)

Mr.Burner
11-14-2007, 02:58 PM
amen, i rest my case,

wow coming from a pgmfi expert.

egcrk90
11-14-2007, 03:05 PM
yup joe 4rm locash knows best

*inFamous*
11-14-2007, 03:07 PM
joe i'll give u 40 bucks to blow up a car (just not one of mine). do itttt

Wholesaler
11-14-2007, 03:19 PM
Actually there is a fix for the timing issues
http://forum.pgmfi.org/viewtopic.php?p=87616#87616
Here you go joe I know in your old age it gets hard to read things. But I still luvu

Rest what case?

Mr.Burner
11-14-2007, 03:27 PM
that hondata is still better imo

advert
11-14-2007, 03:41 PM
that hondata is still better imo

at least now you can say "IMO"

joe put a fact.

all where asking is why its so much beter? you cant come up with anything.

BADCHKN
11-14-2007, 04:01 PM
We could have a race off crome vs hondata ill finish my green car ill pay wholesaler jamba juice, a back rub and a 2bucks for a chip and will be good to go :)

Wholesaler
11-14-2007, 04:12 PM
We could have a race off crome vs hondata ill finish my green car ill pay wholesaler jamba juice, a back rub and a 2bucks for a chip and will be good to go :)

Lol, only for you

Mr.Burner
11-14-2007, 04:25 PM
this whole thread was imo douche. read my posts

*inFamous*
11-14-2007, 04:44 PM
cant we all just play nice!

Mr.Burner
11-14-2007, 04:58 PM
some people cant....im good, and wont have any worries when my motors spinning 10,000rpm.

advert
11-14-2007, 05:58 PM

ok so hondata backs up there product.
it has to be beter.

still you have nothing backing you up.
s300 is still better. expecially for boost

Y?

ok so where is this end at?

are you a "real" tunner?

whats a "fake" tuner?

um ok.

ok yes s300 might work well for you.

but why does crome suck?

some people cant....im good, and wont have any worries when my motors spinning 10,000rpm.

neat. i bet s300 has a add on to make power at 10k?

Mr.Burner
11-14-2007, 07:38 PM
exaduration on the 10k part, and you have the best honda tuner in town telling you he doesnt like it. and speaking to other turners that came to my shop today will say the same, oh do for get the imo to them. its all matter of opinion here, do i have to type it in for you every time i have one advert?
And crome sucks cause ive never seen a good experiance with it......oh dont for get the imo there buddy, i wont for get to add that cause we have a fuckin genius on our hands.

crome:thumbup: lol
now we can end it............

Mr.Burner
11-14-2007, 07:41 PM

advert
11-14-2007, 11:22 PM
exaduration on the 10k part, and you have the best honda tuner in town telling you he doesnt like it. and speaking to other turners that came to my shop today will say the same, oh do for get the imo to them. its all matter of opinion here, do i have to type it in for you every time i have one advert?
And crome sucks cause ive never seen a good experiance with it......oh dont for get the imo there buddy, i wont for get to add that cause we have a fuckin genius on our hands.

crome:thumbup: lol
now we can end it............

i am not saying that joe is not a good tuner. he is excelent and knows what he is doing. i like him a lot.

i just dont understand how you can get on here and start saying shit sucks. i know you have experince useing it.

but have you ever tuned on it yourself?

Wholesaler
11-14-2007, 11:28 PM
And crome sucks cause ive never seen a good experiance with it.

So wait davids low 11 second passes aren't good? Or robins old hatch almost breaking a 10 on it?

Out of curiousity have you even built a decently quick car?

locash
11-15-2007, 12:10 AM
I saw a quick car on TV once..

Oh, and I have nothing constructive to add to this thread, although I like the self portrait of the wholesaler.

Mr.Burner
11-15-2007, 03:16 PM
So wait davids low 11 second passes aren't good? Or robins old hatch almost breaking a 10 on it?

Out of curiousity have you even built a decently quick car?

robins car had s300,

and to fill your curiousity, jake blackmens EM1 went 10.70's and made 718hp. i built that motor. with alittle help from him installing. Ya that motor sunk a sleeve but thats not my fault, not to mention Aaron and Henry's silver EK hatch went 10.20 and the tune was very close to 800whp........on blackmens motor...

so ya.

im not saying it doesnt work, i just dont like it and would never recomend it to anyone.

Mr.Burner
11-15-2007, 03:20 PM
i am not saying that joe is not a good tuner. he is excelent and knows what he is doing. i like him a lot.

i just dont understand how you can get on here and start saying shit sucks. i know you have experince useing it.

but have you ever tuned on it yourself?

no never tuned on it, but what my experiance with it sucks, thats why i can get on here and say shit sucks, and when asking tuners how they like it, joe leaned me towards hondata.
plus friends of mine had probs with it aswell, as a matter of fact we stuck a crome chip in a crx stock b16 and the idle would hunt like a mother fucker, switched it to s100 same tune and it was fine.......how do you explain that?

Mr.Burner
11-15-2007, 03:21 PM
I saw a quick car on TV once..

Oh, and I have nothing constructive to add to this thread, although I like the self portrait of the wholesaler.

i think we all like the self portrait. :lmao:

Wholesaler
11-15-2007, 03:30 PM
we stuck a crome chip in a crx stock b16 and the idle would hunt like a mother fucker, switched it to s100 same tune and it was fine.......how do you explain that?

Probably cause your tuner that burned the crome chips sucks at life. David(bbdaz on here I think) is tuned on crome with 750's and it holds a solid idle. That's how you explain that.

Mr.Burner
11-15-2007, 03:37 PM
how is it any different burning? both the crome chips did the same thing...lolol

Wholesaler
11-15-2007, 03:51 PM
how is it any different burning? both the crome chips did the same thing...lolol

Wow you are kinda slow, yes burning a chip is the same no matter who does it. I was referring to actually editing a rom for idle resolution.. I wouldn't expect you to know anything about that. So yes the tuner that burned the chip sucked at life. Btw I'm not referring to robins black hatch, I'm talking about his old red one that was tuned by jesse... s300 wasn't available back them.

BADCHKN
11-15-2007, 04:00 PM
No robin had got s300 when it first came out and it was fuckin up.... So jesse said screw this and tuned robins car on crome... It went 11.0 with 2 stripped head studs, t3/to4e 57 trim with the downpipe welded to the turbo...

Mr.Burner
11-15-2007, 04:01 PM
so if you load a stock b16 map on a crome chip you have to fuck with the idle huh? that doesnt make any since to me. why would you need to edit the idle if its a stock map?
sure didnt have to do that when we put the s100 in........

on to page 3

Mr.Burner
11-15-2007, 04:03 PM
No robin had got s300 when it first came out and it was fuckin up.... So jesse said screw this and tuned robins car on crome... It went 11.0 with 2 stripped head studs, t3/to4e 57 trim with the downpipe welded to the turbo...

wow, you could do that on a fuel pump and fmu.

BADCHKN
11-15-2007, 04:23 PM
Righttttt.. well.

I can lay a better weld with this then you can with your miller buddy.

http://www.makezine.com/blog/weld1.jpg

Wholesaler
11-15-2007, 04:28 PM
Righttttt.. well.

I can lay a better weld with this then you can with your miller buddy.

http://www.makezine.com/blog/weld1.jpg

I bet you can weld all the way around unlike some work on roll cages I have seen

Mr.Burner
11-15-2007, 04:40 PM
haha im sure you could.....

and for your info wholesaler. most cages arnt welded all the way around due to not being able to reach. check nascar and other full body cages douche bad!

if you wnat to go that route, atleast i can say i work hard for the shit i have...

Wholesaler
11-15-2007, 04:51 PM
I like manny's cage. It has nice beads all the way around the pipes. Looks good... done right

Mr.Burner
11-15-2007, 05:06 PM
none that ive done were ever done wrong in the first place........"i like manny's cage" you sound like a nutswinger to me. hahhahaahaha

Wholesaler
11-15-2007, 05:18 PM
What's funny is you keep trying to have the last word when you have been shown to be wrong so many time. I guess that's a drawback to having such an overinflated head.

GunnRulF
11-15-2007, 05:26 PM
this thread is good!

Mr.Burner
11-15-2007, 05:29 PM

What's funny is you keep trying to have the last word when you have been shown to be wrong so many time. I guess that's a drawback to having such an overinflated head.

only in the pants my friend......so having an opionion is wrong?

redwidow
11-15-2007, 05:34 PM
I'd definately get S300 if you can spend some $. It has some good features and they seem to always be updating the software. Data log on runs, well if you can keep the wide band reading correctly;). If your looking to just do a chip set up S200b's can be found for a killer price these days. Good luck on your search, hope you reach your 300whp goal.

97turbodelsol
11-16-2007, 12:30 AM
damn! look at what my thread has grown into! lol

Mr.Burner
11-16-2007, 01:46 AM
damn! look at what my thread has grown into! lol

Lol ya hope you make the right decision :thumbsup:

Splashystrwbery
11-16-2007, 02:23 AM

robin went 10's on s300... i have his back up files on my comptuer.

robins car had s300,

and to fill your curiousity, jake blackmens EM1 went 10.70's and made 718hp. i built that motor. with alittle help from him installing. Ya that motor sunk a sleeve but thats not my fault, not to mention Aaron and Henry's silver EK hatch went 10.20 and the tune was very close to 800whp........on blackmens motor...

so ya.

im not saying it doesnt work, i just dont like it and would never recomend it to anyone.

:thumbsup:

97turbodelsol
11-17-2007, 06:16 PM
i think ill just go with crome since im kinda pressed for money. i already have a basemap being loaded on it so it will just run(just to get it to the shop!). after that, ill get it tuned.

BADCHKN
11-19-2007, 09:09 AM
robin went 10's on s300... i have his back up files on my comptuer.

:thumbsup:

Actually no... This was his red hatch you didnt even have your drivers license when this car was around..