PDA

View Full Version : 98 Four Door Accord Help

GunnRulF
11-15-2007, 03:57 PM
So I have a 4 cyl. accord with 96,XXX miles on it and recently the cat needed to be replaced and the tranny (auto) as well. Now the check engine light is back on again and it seems that this bitch keeps going off? Was just wondering if anyone else has an accord (same year/motor)that is having similar problems? It may be time to trade it in. Thanks :wave1:

pre97lude
11-16-2007, 10:12 PM
i used to have a 99 accord 4dr 5spd and my CEL kept coming bc of the cat, got it replaced and a few days later i got the CEL on again and it was still the cat! turns out i got a bad one and had to replace it again, idk if that helps any lol

wrichards2k6
11-17-2007, 08:18 AM
A bad cat?

How the hell can you get a bad cat?

LPPrelude
11-17-2007, 02:19 PM
A bad cat?

How the hell can you get a bad cat?

Yeah, there is no such thing as a cat that just goes bad. They don't fail on their own. Your problem is prior to that, and if your check engine light is on you need to pull the code and find out what it means. Most likely it's an air/fuel problem bad O2 sensor, leaking head gasket. These are things that would also cause a catalytic converter to be destroyed.

GunnRulF
11-19-2007, 03:01 PM
i used to have a 99 accord 4dr 5spd and my CEL kept coming bc of the cat, got it replaced and a few days later i got the CEL on again and it was still the cat! turns out i got a bad one and had to replace it again, idk if that helps any lol

same shit told me it was the cat, I replaced it....but now its on again. would it go off for change of oil? I know im past due on an oil change. like 500miles

skabone
11-19-2007, 03:06 PM
you can always do the O2 defouler trick if your getting the cat below efficency light. either way pull the code, autozone will pull the code for free for you.

F23user98
11-19-2007, 10:26 PM
same happened to my 5spd 98 accord and i replaced both O2 sensors and the check engine light stayed off after that:hello: