PDA

View Full Version : F23 knowledge?????

F23user98
11-19-2007, 10:46 PM
Anybody know about an F23A1??

jcvietboi
11-19-2007, 11:34 PM
f23a1-DX model is power by 2.3-liter 4-cylinder engine developed 135 horsepower with Out VTEC single over head cam
f23a1-LX and EX is got a more powerful 4-cylinder engine with Honda's VTEC variable valve timing, are at 150 horsepower single over head cam...
and optional on the 4-cylinder LX sedan with automatic transmission
the pros of f23a1 from 98-02 is instrument and controls and steering and handling are much better the cons is slowmagicautomatic.
but since you have a 98...lol u might want to worry about the tranmission cover can allow the car to go down when u park in a hill...

i own F23B1 not A1......

F23user98
11-20-2007, 01:36 PM
lol alright you earned my respect its an LX 5spd and im looking for input on best power gain, i know my F series has great low compression so im working on a turbo although other than that i'm looking for " hidden power " any ideas on parts that will really help??:thumbup:

jcvietboi
11-20-2007, 05:53 PM
well f23 series dont have much hidden power..unless u combine with different part ..such as head or block from different engine like h23 head + f23 block = G23...but either that or u running on turbo and some shot.....so if u want power ...then alot of bolt on, swap the head to h23, boost it, some shot, turbo manifold, and alot of custome fabric have to be done...that why is doesnt worth it....if u spend all of them money on as the part i list above..is already equal to the amount of money that u can purchase a k24 and swap it on..and all u need to is looking for some shop to do custom mount for you..either then that you set.....trust me..u dont wa

azh22accord
11-22-2007, 05:09 PM
i also have a f23a1 in my 2000 lx 5spd. it has alot of low end torque but not much up high:ballin: so my plans are to build the block and the head and boost with a turbonetics t3/t4 setup. i hope to be able to be around 10 to 18 psi and get around 320whp on 91 pump gas. thats my plan :thumbup:

F23user98
11-22-2007, 05:47 PM
and how much is that turbo going to run you?

azh22accord
11-23-2007, 04:59 PM
and how much is that turbo going to run you?

idk exactly but its not gonna be cheap between all the tuning and parts and labor. lol even though im gonna do most of the work.

jcvietboi
11-24-2007, 09:48 AM
idk exactly but its not gonna be cheap between all the tuning and parts and labor. lol even though im gonna do most of the work.

lol....well u dont have to use 91 octane to get 320whp...because accord f23a1 is best know and quality for working with the most lowest cherapest gas u can put in...so 91 is just make the engine cleaner and more active power deliver that it...i never went cheap on gas..but t3/t4 set up with turbonetic can get you like 175 hp..and part and labor and plus the labor to put it on you looking at around mm 4 or 5 k..turbonetic turbo kit is already 2750 cost out of 4 or 5 k so but mmm good luck:wave1:

azh22accord
11-24-2007, 06:16 PM
lol....well u dont have to use 91 octane to get 320whp...because accord f23a1 is best know and quality for working with the most lowest cherapest gas u can put in...so 91 is just make the engine cleaner and more active power deliver that it...i never went cheap on gas..but t3/t4 set up with turbonetic can get you like 175 hp..and part and labor and plus the labor to put it on you looking at around mm 4 or 5 k..turbonetic turbo kit is already 2750 cost out of 4 or 5 k so but mmm good luck:wave1:

yea its goona run me alot. but i can get more than 175 hp. i just have to build the engine to handle high boost settings. but the t3/t4 can handle up to 350 to 410 whp.

jcvietboi
11-25-2007, 12:07 AM
yea its goona run me alot. but i can get more than 175 hp. i just have to build the engine to handle high boost settings. but the t3/t4 can handle up to 350 to 410 whp.

lol...u set

Thresher
11-29-2007, 10:15 AM
on honda tech pirate mcfred did the g23 swap. quite a bit of parts you have to peice togather. you really have to think about down time with a vehicle when you want to get some power out of it. if you really wanted to stay f23, then get one and then find an h23 head and do that swap. the h22 head has even been put on the f series block. i bought a whole h23 so i can build it then drop it in so i would as little down time as possible. you could boost your car on the stock motor but by the time everything is done and tuned you might as well bought an h22. lots of shit your available to power wise.

jcvietboi
11-29-2007, 05:33 PM
on honda tech pirate mcfred did the g23 swap. quite a bit of parts you have to peice togather. you really have to think about down time with a vehicle when you want to get some power out of it. if you really wanted to stay f23, then get one and then find an h23 head and do that swap. the h22 head has even been put on the f series block. i bought a whole h23 so i can build it then drop it in so i would as little down time as possible. you could boost your car on the stock motor but by the time everything is done and tuned you might as well bought an h22. lots of shit your available to power wise.

or just k20-24

azh22accord
12-21-2007, 05:48 PM

after i do all that work to my f23. it will be worth way more than a stock h22. and with the g23 bulid. that involves alot of different small parts. like head studs and the valve train and your head gasket.

skabone
12-22-2007, 11:46 AM
I know Roy on 6th gen accord aka darkside did a g23 swap and he's producing better numbers than a H22. The hp numbers are about the same, but his tq numbers are greater. From my conversation s with Roy he said all the parts and labor cost him less than what an H22 swap would go for. A K swap would be very expensive, with the custom mounts along with a bunch of other thing. best bang for your buck is the G23, and the best thing about the G23 is that you can you run the car on regular gas.

jcvietboi
12-22-2007, 06:12 PM
I know Roy on 6th gen accord aka darkside did a g23 swap and he's producing better numbers than a H22. The hp numbers are about the same, but his tq numbers are greater. From my conversation s with Roy he said all the parts and labor cost him less than what an H22 swap would go for. A K swap would be very expensive, with the custom mounts along with a bunch of other thing. best bang for your buck is the G23, and the best thing about the G23 is that you can you run the car on regular gas.

yea prop to ROY aka DARKSIDE on 6thgenaccord...yea his car have g23..same HP greater tq, better gas mpg..cheaper then H22...i was thinking about doing it Jeff..but finance problem right now..and plus a family...so yea later...but a K-swap is expensive..but once you do it..is worth the heck out of ur satisfied.

f23a1
04-08-2008, 12:13 PM
i have a f23a1 in my 92 hatch.. i got the motor for 150 with 38k on it and the car for around 400 its a ok set up but a lot of custom work... but i work with metal so i did not have to spend alot.. but if i was going to start over i would not put in the f23a1 but for the price what the hell

f23a1
04-08-2008, 12:18 PM
well f23 series dont have much hidden power..unless u combine with different part ..such as head or block from different engine like h23 head + f23 block = G23...but either that or u running on turbo and some shot.....so if u want power ...then alot of bolt on, swap the head to h23, boost it, some shot, turbo manifold, and alot of custome fabric have to be done...that why is doesnt worth it....if u spend all of them money on as the part i list above..is already equal to the amount of money that u can purchase a k24 and swap it on..and all u need to is looking for some shop to do custom mount for you..either then that you set.....trust me..u dont wa

i did not know that a h23 head would fit... might try that some time... is there a lot of custom work to get it to fix or just a bolt on... where could i find more info

f23a1
04-08-2008, 12:22 PM
i do not know if i am right or not but is the h23 JDM only... so with that can somone get parts for it here in the US

DJ Hookid
04-08-2008, 12:36 PM
SI prelude came with an H23a1, there is an H23a that is from the japanese Accord wagon that is also VTEC :thumbup:

RicerAccord
04-08-2008, 01:16 PM
If the f23 is the same as the f22 its got steel sleeves put some turbo pistons and rings, do some valve train work and watch that thing scream. The block can handle 500 horse but the pistons and the ringlands are the weak links. I am going to be running 8psi on my stock f22 with my dsm turbo setup that cost me about 350 to piece together I should see around what a jdm h22 will put out for a fraction of the cost and come on its turbo!

Agent Smith
04-08-2008, 01:22 PM
so much misinformation about f-series in this thread, it's funny.

RicerAccord
04-08-2008, 02:32 PM
The f series is so under rated it actually has a higher percentage of increase in power with bolt ons than the h22 does. The cylinder head on the f-series can potentially out flow any other honda cylinder head with the right work. I just wish there was more aftermarket support for the f-series.

JC<3Ek
04-13-2008, 07:24 AM
The f series is so under rated it actually has a higher percentage of increase in power with bolt ons than the h22 does. The cylinder head on the f-series can potentially out flow any other honda cylinder head with the right work. I just wish there was more aftermarket support for the f-series.

there not many F-series part to support because They alway think Accord is a family car...who would wanna mod th heck crazy the family sedan car..but they wrong..only if you have cash..custom fab everything then that what im talking about