PDA

View Full Version : Turbo kits?

jose
11-20-2007, 01:01 PM
Has any body bought from treadstone performance? If so is there kits good. there so cheap. I now they say u get what u paid. where can i get a good kit but not so high in price.

GunnRulF
11-20-2007, 01:03 PM
save up and get a good one, with a good tune:thumbup:

Rufus
11-20-2007, 01:14 PM
I see they have a mani on ebay for a d17... looks like an HKS ripoff

kawgomoo
11-20-2007, 11:54 PM
if you want cheap just get one of those log manifold kits for 85 bucks and have someone fit it and weld it up. they arent the greatest mani in the world, but they are pretty crack resistant, ac compatible with a little trimming, downpipe is easily made at this time too.. couple bends and some welds. figure 1000 bucks for turbo mani and downpipe, 1000 bucks for the ecu {hondata/crome something?} and tune, 500 bucks for a decent fuel pump and some injectors. easily enough money in that budget to stick a cheapie fmic in there. all in all youd end up saving some cash and have a car that runs good. do all t he work you can yourself. god knows theres so many hacks out there that will take your cash and do no better work than you would anyways.

dont forget turbo kits NEVER come with everything you need.

b20forlife
11-24-2007, 09:03 AM
treadstone are like a the drag gen 3 kit. they come wit a turbonetics turbo, and wastegate. I have their intercooler and it works great. I think they are a great product.

kawgomoo
11-29-2007, 12:55 AM
if a company is going to take the time to make a cast manifold, chances are its going to function fairly well. sure casting is relatively cheap.. but getting tooled up to make that casting is nothing to laugh at.