PDA

View Full Version : Wont Go Into Gear.. Need Help

manny 98 ek
11-21-2007, 09:17 PM
So I Just Did My Swap And I Went To Fire It Up Everything Looks And Sounds Good, But It Wont Go Into Gear..i Have The Clutch To The Floor Still Wont Go In Gear.. But When I Put The Car In 1st Put The Clutch Too The Floor Then Start It It Takes Off,, When I Have The Clutch To The Floor.. No Idea Whats Wrong With It.. So If Anyone Has A Idea Let Me Know Cuz I Plan On Fixin It This Weekend..

*inFamous*
11-21-2007, 09:36 PM
clutch bled properly??? assuming its a hydro of course

manny 98 ek
11-22-2007, 09:19 PM
clutch bled properly??? assuming its a hydro of course

i blead it many times its shooting out oil just fine.. i took off the tranny cuz i thought the throwout bearing was wrong but it was fine.. then put the tranny back on and then still the same shit.. i think i put the clutch on wrong, but the im not sure cuz i dont think my pressure plate would go on if the clutch is wrong.. if anyone knows whats up wit it please let me know cuz it needs to be fixed on saturday..

*inFamous*
11-22-2007, 09:30 PM
shooting out oil? there shoudln't be much shooting going on when bleeding... should be done very slowly as not to airate the fluid.

You cant put the clutch in wrong, the plates bolts aren't long enough.

manny 98 ek
11-22-2007, 09:36 PM
shooting out oil? there shoudln't be much shooting going on when bleeding... should be done very slowly as not to airate the fluid.

You cant put the clutch in wrong, the plates bolts aren't long enough.

dude its pissin me off cuz i know my clutch isnt bad its only a few months old.. but i have no idea why when i start the car in first with the clutch down it trys to take off..

*inFamous*
11-22-2007, 09:51 PM
probably because for some reason the clutch isn't disengaging. If its a hydro clutch either the fork isn't in properly, the clutch isn't bled properly, or something is totally ass backwards lol

I Hate Import Cars
11-22-2007, 11:51 PM
make sure that the slave cylinder is properly attatched AND that the little ball on the end of it is engaging the clutch fork. It's easy to have it slip to the side of the shift fork when installing the slave cylinder. That's my input.

*inFamous*
11-23-2007, 07:08 AM
speaking of which.

Is the PEDAL coming back up by itself?

I Hate Import Cars
11-23-2007, 10:12 AM
speaking of which.

Is the PEDAL coming back up by itself?

SHOULD it? Mine never did. It made me think that something was wrong, but as long as I pulled it back up by hand, it bled just fine and worked just fine. I thought there wasn't even a return spring on the clutch pedal?

manny 98 ek
11-24-2007, 09:11 PM
I think i found out y its not working.. i heard that i cant use my act clutch on any other brand of fly wheel or pressure plate.. if thats true let me know, cuz i thought all b series clutches were the same

*inFamous*
11-24-2007, 09:50 PM
SHOULD it? Mine never did. It made me think that something was wrong, but as long as I pulled it back up by hand, it bled just fine and worked just fine. I thought there wasn't even a return spring on the clutch pedal?

no i mean when its all bled already :)

If it doens't come up when its all assembled, the little slave cylinder thingy is messed up.

And you can use an ACT clutch / PP assembly on any OEM flywheel, i've never heard of such a problem. B series flywheels are B series flywheels :)

kawgomoo
11-24-2007, 11:17 PM
its got a bad slave cylinder or it isnt bled. worse possible case is the release fork is not on its pivot, or there is no throwout bearing in there. if your around phoenix id be glad to help you out.

manny 98 ek
11-25-2007, 12:47 AM
its got a bad slave cylinder or it isnt bled. worse possible case is the release fork is not on its pivot, or there is no throwout bearing in there. if your around phoenix id be glad to help you out.

i pulled the tranny off cuz i thought it was the throwout bearing, it was fine.. and my slave cylinder is fine its blead good it opens fine its pushes the fork around fine..i just heard that i cant use a act clutch with a exedy fly wheel and pressure plate.. ITS PISSIN ME OFF i need my car.. o ya why when i start the car in first with my clutch pedal to the floor it still trys to take off..