PDA

View Full Version : My Newest Project (Ideas Welcome)

Gen2ITR
11-30-2007, 09:23 PM
Hi all,

I'm switching to an H... There I've said it outloud.

I bought 1 of Scott Byars old sleeved blocks, doing an H2B in my DA integra.

Its gonna be an 89.5mm bore X 95mm Stroke. (wanted to do 97mm but couldn't find one soon enough{or cheap enough ;) })
Going approx 14:1 static comp
Probably JE pistons (I want ARIAS!!!)
Stock F22 Rods (Reworked)
ARP fasteners
Balance Shaft Elimination
HASport DSeries Alt relocator.

The head will be a lil on the unknown part. It will be milled, have squared off combustion chambers, Skunk 2 springs/retainers, and all oil passages will be deburred and cleaned up. Im planning on running RC 750's as well. I dont know what cams Im gonna run yet, so Im open for ideas....

Porting is expensive!!!! SO, I'll clean up what I can for now.

Scott will do his magic on the bottom end....

Oh yeah, Im gonna run on E85 too!!!
Going GREEN!

So Let me know what you think, good or bad. (Just dont be a dick about it!!)
I'll also answer whatever question you've got!

Thanks,

Joshua

gcboy90
11-30-2007, 09:33 PM
sounds like its going to be badass

any idea on projected power outputs/what are you looking for it to put down to the wheels?

Gen2ITR
11-30-2007, 09:51 PM
Im expecting the 240 to 250 range...More would be awesome, but wont be sad if its less either.

kawgomoo
12-02-2007, 05:26 PM
be careful with the porting. its easier to hurt than to help. honda castings are pretty clean already sooo... yeah.

where do you buy e85 around here? i know a couple guys messing with it. seems to be working pretty well.

is this a street car or race only type of deal? why not just run pure alcy?

i know basically stock h on gas, with some cams, intake mani and bump in the compression will go 220's to the wheels. i prefer to leave the heads virgin until you can afford to go all out with them. that way you know exactly what you got for your dollar when you have them ported. i understand the chambers will need some massaging to clearence the pistons.

Gen2ITR
12-03-2007, 08:58 PM
be careful with the porting. its easier to hurt than to help. honda castings are pretty clean already sooo... yeah.

where do you buy e85 around here? i know a couple guys messing with it. seems to be working pretty well.

is this a street car or race only type of deal? why not just run pure alcy?

i know basically stock h on gas, with some cams, intake mani and bump in the compression will go 220's to the wheels. i prefer to leave the heads virgin until you can afford to go all out with them. that way you know exactly what you got for your dollar when you have them ported. i understand the chambers will need some massaging to clearence the pistons.

Still a street car. Straight Alky runs how much?
E85 is $2.3x a gallon.
I'm not new to porting, I know the quality of the Honda Head. Im just gonna clean up the parting lines and maybe a little bowl work.

Combustion Chambers will be extremely small.....Build the piston for the chamber.

rudsone
12-03-2007, 09:16 PM
wait soooo can i just throw e85 in my car?

r1ce
12-03-2007, 09:24 PM
E85 here in Tucson, there is a place on Golf links and Pantano. and another place on Pima.
Right know the price is 2.30-2.19 it switches alot. i run straight E85 and cant be happier

Gen2ITR
12-04-2007, 09:57 PM
wait soooo can i just throw e85 in my car?

They say you have to swap out your factory rubber fuel lines (but many claim you dont need to). Also from what Ive read, E85 has about 40% less "energy" then regular gas. So you have to run approx 40% more fuel. Usually 1 to 2 sizes larger on your Fuel Injectors.

They also have a convertor availible to switch back and forth ( think flexfuel in the GM's)
All it does is open the injectors longer to get that 40%. And if you want you switch back to gas.

You will loose a little bit of fuel economy (in most cases), but it is basically $2.30/Gal 105oct fuel. Plus you are still burning EXTREMELY clean!

kawgomoo
12-06-2007, 02:08 AM
yeah the off road industry is gettin kicked in the balls and they are starting to smog us :( so theres alot going on in the e85 world.

e85 is not compatible with rubber fuel lines or aluminium {or magnesium}. not a prob with cars, but our buggies have alu. fuel cells. so we have to use bladders or plastic tanks.

gas is not conductive, but alcohol is. so you have to be careful with intank fuel pumps, or just fuel pumps in general.

hmm.. they say you gotta change the filters too {i think because of the orings, alcy needs viton not rubber}. none of this i can confirm or deny. but our engine builder is big into the green conversions, he sells alot back to the gov and what not. any specific questions you guys have id be glad to ask him.

you definately lose fuel economy {25%} but if you have a car that requires high octane fuel you will save big in the long run. cool too cause you can run a big boost car in street trim/tune :) race gas is 5-7 bucks per gallon. and youll be damned if you get caught with lead in the tank

our dyno guy just did a b16 25 pounder makin 625 wheel on e85. he seemed pretty pleased with it.

only draw back to ethanol is it will soak up water from the atmosphere... so you cant let it sit open for any amount of time or itll go bad. might not be so bad with e85, but pure alcy is a nightmare because of this.

1lowtacoma
12-07-2007, 11:11 AM
i think ur big ass is gonna haul some ass

Gen2ITR
01-20-2008, 08:52 PM
Well, Im half way there.
The car is running on a stock H (see posts elsewhere), and it is already faster then the old LSVTEC (butt dyno).

I recalculated my HP expectations and fell that with the right cams, 275-285 would not be out of reach. I have to make power high tho. Prefferably 5500 to 9500.

We'll have to play around a little bit, but I am very confident it can be reached.
The plans for E85 are still in place, but Im waiting for the new motor to worry about it.

1lowtacoma
02-29-2008, 05:39 PM
275-285 might be tuff with a unported head. Those are going to have to be some big cams.

You thinking about running pro 2's or Pro 3's from skunk? or a diif set of cams?

Gen2ITR
03-01-2008, 10:17 AM
Uh....where does it say I expect those numbers with a stock head?
Well, I do plan on running some LARGE cams....P3's or custom grinds....Not sure yet.

honduh_head
03-01-2008, 05:28 PM
cool build. i would go with a more custom valve train set up and maybe lose the whole vtec set up. run bigger a bigger lift cam, it will be easier to tune (sort of) and will free up a tiny bit of power. with that kind of compression and that displacement i dont see why you cant 280 ish, even with a mild ported head.