PDA

View Full Version : Need Help w/ new swap.

NINE7DB7
12-03-2007, 01:29 PM
Car starts and runs fine, cars is a '97 Integra LS. Recently put a new motor in (LS) after throwing a rod in the orig.

Only CEL is throwing is 41, primary o2 snesor.. never had a problem before running without one besides the raspy sound.

Cant figure out the problem, car dies after a few minutes of idle, or short driving.

While driving, car 'bucks' hard back and forth.. while idling, and giving it gas, rpms bounce crazy even while holding the throttle steady...

Im thinking, maybe its the distributor? It was fine on the previous motor so Im not sure.

Any ideas? or...
Anyone in N. Phx/ Glendale area willing to let me test there obd2 dist.?

The President
12-03-2007, 01:35 PM
sounds like the dist, possibly have the firing order all jazzed up?

NINE7DB7
12-03-2007, 01:56 PM
sounds like the dist, possibly have the firing order all jazzed up?

negative, the plugs never left the dist.

Im thinking dist. also... anyone have one I can test?

The President
12-03-2007, 02:05 PM
sounds like it.. my DAs tach was jumping all over the place.. had to fix the dist. (bad connections inside of it).

NINE7DB7
12-03-2007, 02:34 PM
sounds like it.. my DAs tach was jumping all over the place.. had to fix the dist. (bad connections inside of it).

thanks, anyone in the phx area?

NINE7DB7
12-03-2007, 03:09 PM
*Update! car will no longer start...

The President
12-03-2007, 03:18 PM
just run to vato zone and get one... maybe napa if you want a quality part. try it out, if it doesn't help then return it

NINE7DB7
12-03-2007, 03:20 PM
im broke until friday, I just bought a new battery today, car sat for 2mos.

The President
12-03-2007, 03:27 PM
ohh.. in that case... there may be more wrong. possibly real shitty gas (from sitting) could've clogged fuel filter, possibly clogged injectors. when you try to start it, does it crank over at all? the tach jumping sounds like a dist issue for sure though.

NINE7DB7
12-03-2007, 03:58 PM
ohh.. in that case... there may be more wrong. possibly real shitty gas (from sitting) could've clogged fuel filter, possibly clogged injectors. when you try to start it, does it crank over at all? the tach jumping sounds like a dist issue for sure though.

it ran fine, just under throttle, it started acting up.. yeah, Im thinking dist.. it wont start at all now. I know Im getting fuel!