PDA

View Full Version : dohc zc swap obd0 to obd1??

bodydrop
12-04-2007, 12:07 AM
ok here is the question. i have a crx with a dohc zc swap, and given that its an si so it doesn't need to be rewired for mpfi what else will need to be wired. and also what all do i need to convert it from OBD0 to OBD1? and what ecu should i be running with it?

SlowCivicHmm
12-04-2007, 12:58 AM
you'd want a p29 but good luck finding one...you can get a p06 chipped to p29 specs.....gotta find a good "chipper" to do it.....mostly only obd0 guys have it on chrome or ghettohdyne, etc etc......

when I ran my DOHC ZC OBD1 it was OEM, dunno where the motor came from, but it was OBD1 factory straight drop and play into my EG, I used a p06 to run it for a while
but then changed to a neptuned p06 w/street tune.......

its a bitch to swap to obd1 cuz of the exhuast cam angle sensor...(2nd dizzy looking thing) obd1 dizzy's don't need it or use it............. www.thezcresource.com

dunno if the site is still open....good luck....pick my brain a bit...I know some shit....lol

SlowCivicHmm
12-04-2007, 01:00 AM
its open.....check it out.....good shit...I got a set of extra cam if needed for core....40 and they are urs.....lmk...

bodydrop
12-04-2007, 06:02 AM
I'm going to go check it out and see about converting to obd uno. I may hit you ip sometime about those cams if I decide I want to send a set out to get reground.

bodydrop
12-04-2007, 08:49 AM
well crapshit, from what I have seen I am going to have to purchase a td43 obd1 distributor and that's lookin like it will hurt my pocket. hopefully someone can prove that wrong and tell me a cheaper dizzy I an use. I don't think an obd1 sohc one will work.

and I tracked down a p29 chip for a p06 already and I have a socketed p06.

g-rex
12-07-2007, 03:18 AM
question for you man...im thinkin bout puttin a zc in my rex i just want to know y your choosin to go odb-1.? will it run better than 0?

bodydrop
01-21-2008, 07:39 AM
i just hears its 1000x easyer to tune obd1 and going turbo and all im going to need that. i dont really know what my options are for obd0

TTM_SALES
01-29-2008, 08:00 PM
Check with Joe at Locash for a price on a Distributor, My wife has 2 DOHC ZC's that are OBD1. In her 91 hatch, it was like night and day when we converted it to OBD1, It ran alot stronger! And her CRX, it is turbo'd and she is running the PO6 with Neptune (I think its a PO6)