PDA

View Full Version : transmission questions

crabby760
12-04-2007, 08:10 AM
where do i buy all the internals to rebuild a acura transmission... i havfe a 92 ls cable but i wanna put b16 or type r gearing 1st,2nd,3rd,4th and leave the ls 5th gear but also new everything else inside as well...

any websites where i can buy all this from... let me know thanks

no2psi
12-07-2007, 08:39 PM
where do i buy all the internals to rebuild a acura transmission... i havfe a 92 ls cable but i wanna put b16 or type r gearing 1st,2nd,3rd,4th and leave the ls 5th gear but also new everything else inside as well...

any websites where i can buy all this from... let me know thanks

I just went thru all this, what a pain in the ass!
You are better of just buying a good used hydro b16 tranny and swapping everything over.
Or be ready to spend some serious cash!
but if you must here you go.
http://www.acuraautomotiveparts.org

Tage
12-07-2007, 09:32 PM
I just went thru all this, what a pain in the ass!
You are better of just buying a hydro b16 tranny and swapping everything over.
Or be ready to spend some serious cash!

/\ Correct.

BTW, here's where I go --> http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com

For grins I priced out the parts you'd need and the total came to $833.25 after shipping & handling (no tax) for just the parts. Like the other guy said, just buy a used B16 tranny and swap an LS 5th into that one. I have 2 LS 5th gear sets available so you don't have to tear apart your tranny if you're interested. I have them advertised currently for $200 and that includes labor!

What I would do if I were you is:

#1 - sell your current tranny
#2 - buy a B16 cable tranny (make sure it's a YS1 case)
#3 - have me do the 5th gear swap (1 day turn around, or same day if scheduled)

EDIT: A tip is to buy "Honda Parts" for a 99 Civic Si instead of "Acura Parts" for an ITR (identical gearing). Sure the parts numbers are identical but when you buy through Honda it's typically about 10-20% cheaper.

EDIT #2: Oh I also forgot that the LS 1-2 syncro set is not compatible with an ITR or B16 2nd gear so add $300 to that total.