PDA

View Full Version : Swap wiring... if you need help

kawgomoo
12-06-2007, 11:19 PM
hey guys i hate to see everyone suffer from poorly done swaps. getting the motor in and out is easy, and to be honest i dont have time to waste on that. but if anyone here is doing a swap of any sort and needs a nice, properly converted harness let me know. i add all wires into the harness, and add an oem plug at the shock tower connection point. it all looks and functions like oem. no extra vtec harness draped all over the place, or those nasty o2 sensor extension harnesses. i reroute, rewire and reloom the entire harness.

hit me up if you need some help.. ive done all honda swaps and all popular nissans. anything else is possible, just takes alittle more time.

oh yeah please call me while the swap is still out of the car, its so much easier to get everything completely ready then just drop the entire unit in the car.

I Hate Import Cars
12-07-2007, 10:03 AM
What kind of pricing are we looking at? Like to wire the VTEC conversion for a B Series into a DX model EG?

The President
12-07-2007, 10:34 AM
i wouldn't mind having my harness re-done. whoever did the swap didn't really do everything the way it should've been done.

I Hate Import Cars
12-07-2007, 12:01 PM
x2. That's why I'm asking. Mine WORKS, but isn't the way it should be, and that bugs me. All I need is the 2 VTEC wires ran WITH the harness to the ECU. Everything else, meh, whatever.

Wholesaler
12-07-2007, 04:08 PM
I'm curious to as why you would add another plug? Weeman has always done my wiring and he does it right in oem locations without adding any unnecessary plugs

kawgomoo
12-08-2007, 12:50 AM
well it depends on the car. some models have empty pin locations, some models are already wired from the ecu to the shock tower, you just to get it to the engine. on my bro's 97 accord - lude conversion there wasnt enough space in the factory connectors to add all the wires i needed to, so i just installed an extra bulkhead connector. if you look at the bracket there is an extra tab for another connector so no biggy, looks stock enough... unless you are really particular and want 3 instead of 4 bulkhead plugs.

for a full conversion it would prob be 150 bucks roughly. all depends what you need. i dont mind making a sub harness for the vtec, but its not how i do.
when i do a swap i like it to look like the motor came in that car from the factory. i think the sub harnesses and whatever else look trashy.

generally i take the jdm harness, cut it at the "manifold tree" so all that stuff is factory, then i splice it into the usdm at that same spot, i cut off all the tape and loom move everything around so all the lengths are correct. solder/heat shrink everything. no butt connectors or what not. once i get it so everything is like it should be i reloom it and tape the entire harness back up. that way theres no questions, no odd color changes mid wire and if you need to trouble shoot in the future all the colors are oem so the factory wiring diagrams make sense.

most obd1 cars dont need too much work. but converting an obd2 back to 1 can be some work. especially on accords and tegs where they have crank sensors and al lthat has to be moved back to the dizzy, or H's where the alt harness needs to be stretched, vtec added as well as iab and all that noise. the injector clips are different, iac's are in different places. lots of relocating.

92-95 you generally just add the 4 wires, and most of those cars are prewired for vtec anyhow.

pch
12-08-2007, 05:13 PM
what is the turn around time? My problem is that some wires in my cabin were cut and not sure where they go. I have an obd1 b20 vtec with an obd0 tb. I am running a obd1 vtec harness but the car idles funny and it wont run properly. Give me a call...my number is 6232035778

kawgomoo
12-08-2007, 07:45 PM
generally you gotta call me, im on the phone all day hustling hid's and everything else. but ill always make time for you guys.

i can rewire a car in a day or two just depends what all needs done.

crx88
12-10-2007, 08:51 PM
Hmm mi rex needs or atleast i think it needs a new rewire previous owner did the swap but its a mess and i dont like it. plus i dont know whats up with the vtec. =( and idles super funny and bogs when you press gas, maybe burnin too much gas. cuz it smells.

kawgomoo
12-10-2007, 09:41 PM
poor wiring skills are the root of all swap problems.

its a shame people just dont do it right the first time, its soooo much easier when the engine is on the floor.

rcolelaytwo
01-14-2008, 02:32 PM
hey bro . . . give me a call at 928-221-8532, about a swap i'm going to do within the next month . . . names ramsey . . . later