PDA

View Full Version : need help

tj@tomsautoperf
12-09-2007, 01:05 AM
ok. i have a 99si with a B20b block and b16a head, what ecu should i be running for peak performance??

i currently have a P30 in the car. i have the stock P2T ecu.

any and all help is great, im new to honda's and need to get this thing running right!

Wholesaler
12-09-2007, 01:06 AM
should get a tune, for max performance

tj@tomsautoperf
12-09-2007, 01:08 AM
thats on my list. i just need somthing that will make the car run good until i can.

tj@tomsautoperf
12-10-2007, 10:10 PM
so i installed an in car fuel pressure gauge, and an Innovate Lc1 xd16 wide band today. now i dont know what the afr's should be on a NA car, but i know that this thing is stupid lean comapred to my FI car. im in the 17's at idle and 18's at cruise. im afraid to go wot.

kawgomoo
12-10-2007, 10:15 PM
get a p28 or whatever and a chip from locash. just tell him your setup and he will get you in the ball park.

seeing as how no stock honda came with your combo there will be no factory ecu for "peak" performance.

lc1's are notoriously full of shit. make sure you have it setup and calibrated correctly. make sure you are viewing afr and not lambda. lc1's suck unless you have some other stuff to datalog against. knowing how rich or lean will do you no good if you dont know at what rpm its rich or lean at.

read up on the opamp hack for honda ecu's. do that, get the lc1 working properly and use crome to data log. chemically perfect is 14.7 to 1. good power is made in the 12-13 to 1 range depending on lots of things. n/a cars like to be a bit leaner than turbos.

the car will idle very lean. its supposed to. the car will also cruise lean. this is how you get fuel economy. the heavier the load the richer it needs to be.

this is why you need to datalog: tps, map, rpm, and wideband o2 at the very least. tps is not absolutely necessary but rpm, map, and 02 are.

Wholesaler
12-10-2007, 10:20 PM
so i installed an in car fuel pressure gauge, and an Innovate Lc1 xd16 wide band today. now i dont know what the afr's should be on a NA car, but i know that this thing is stupid lean comapred to my FI car. im in the 17's at idle and 18's at cruise. im afraid to go wot.

That's not good. Should be 14's maybe low 15's in part thottle with very little load. 12.5's is around where it should be wot.

tj@tomsautoperf
12-10-2007, 10:35 PM
yea thats what i was thinking, and i dont want this thing to blow, up. i picked up a chipped p28 from Sik Em1.

Wholesaler
12-10-2007, 11:17 PM
yea thats what i was thinking, and i dont want this thing to blow, up. i picked up a chipped p28 from Sik Em1.
Yea, I tuned that ecu for a 1.6... should run pretty lean on a 2.0

kawgomoo
12-11-2007, 12:35 AM
remember ur lc1 maxes out at 19:1 so after that who knows how lean it really is :)

i see lots of cars idle in the 16's. cant say its all that bad.