PDA

View Full Version : Need wiring help on 95 Accord - will pay $$$

Tage
12-11-2007, 11:10 PM
I AM WILLING TO PAY UP TO $500 DEPENDING ON HOW MUCH TIME THESE PROBLEMS TAKE TO RESOLVE AND THE QUALITY OF YOUR WORK.

So I bought a 95 Accord LX (non-VTEC) and the Check Engine light on. It's got an engine swap from a 96 EX (w/VTEC). The previous owner says it's got an OBDI engine harness (obviously the distributor and injectors were re-wired for OBDI) and you can see where he manually wired in the VTEC pressure switch and silenoid. Some things in the engine bay just don't "seem" right (i.e. sensors not mounted in the factory locations, wiring missing, etc.). I'm not familiar enough with the Accord to know where things should go or identify easy if something is amiss. I'm sure with some internet searches and whatnot I could figure it out myself but I've already put more time into this car that I wanted so I just want to pay someone "competent" and/or experienced to fix the remaining problems.

So here's the problems and a summary of what I've done:

CEL Code 10 - Intake Air Temp sensor
This sensor was damaged so I replaced it with a brand new one from Honda. Reset the ECU and it's still throwing the code.

CEL Code 12 - Exhaust Gas Recirculation System
The valves, electronics, vacuum lines, sensors, etc. are all there. The problem is the previous/previous owner did a wire tuck in the area where the harness plug would normally be and I simply don't have the time to track down where it went OR run some new wires directly to the place of origin (ECU?).

CEL Code 41 -
The car has a header and the O2 is mounted under the car vs closer to the exhaust ports of the head on the stock exhaust cast manifold. The previous owner extended the wiring harness to accomodate the new O2 sensor location. I checked the wiring and it appears to be wired correctly (although I did resolder the connections as they looked like shit - cold solder joints). I also checked for continuity between the solder joints and the harness plug and that checks out fine. I replaced the O2 sensor with a known good O2 sensor from another car and reset the ECU but the code is still there.

VTEC
My car did not have VTEC wiring to the shock tower plugs so the previous owner ran the two wires all the way back to the ECU. The previous owner did not have the proper "pins/wires" so they just jammed the wires into the plug hoping it contacted the male pins on the ECU. I'd like to have someone pin/wire this correctly (I can solder and shrink tube the connections).

FYI - if you end up coming out to help I have some minimum requirements for payment.

#1 - You come to me (35Ave & 101). I have all the tools, manual (w/troubleshooting steps) and lighting, etc. you would need to troubleshoot and fix these problems.

#2 - To receive any payment you actually have to fix something. If you come out and work on the car for 2 hours but that work doesn't result in wiring my VTEC like OEM or getting rid of any CEL's then you're not going to get paid (besides maybe $10/hr). FYI - if you resolve everything and do quality work I'll pay upwards of $50-100/hr (<--including your travel time).

PM me to work out the details if you think can tackle this job!

I AM WILLING TO PAY UP TO $500 DEPENDING ON HOW MUCH TIME THESE PROBLEMS TAKE TO RESOLVE AND THE QUALITY OF YOUR WORK.

locash
12-11-2007, 11:25 PM
I'll take your $500, but you can deliver the car to me. :)

The President
12-11-2007, 11:46 PM
pm weeman and see if he can do it.

rhdlazyteg
12-12-2007, 04:50 PM
Sound like a good rate to me...

Tage
12-12-2007, 05:18 PM
Sub-contract pending w/"weeman" (i.e. Ryan from HASport). If that deal doesn't work out, the car goes to locash/Joe...

Thx for all the replies and support.

locash
12-12-2007, 07:03 PM
Thanks for putting me 2nd in line, jerk, next time I'm charging you triple to dyno your car!

Weeman
12-12-2007, 07:19 PM
Thanks for putting me 2nd in line, jerk, next time I'm charging you triple to dyno your car!

Oh joey, don't be jelous, be proud. Everything I know I learned from you.

Wholesaler
12-12-2007, 07:24 PM
Joe is senile, weeman is fresh meat

johnb20
12-13-2007, 11:42 AM
joe so cool he can just erase all yor code away

locash
12-13-2007, 02:35 PM
I might be old, but I don't have as many kids as Weeman!

Plus, I'll always know more.

When it still doesnt work out, I'll charge $1000 to fix it. :)

Wholesaler
12-13-2007, 06:30 PM
Damnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Of course you don't have as many kids joe, you have to get it up to make babies

Rufus
12-13-2007, 06:40 PM
Is this Wade's old car?

Tage
12-15-2007, 04:02 PM
Yes, Wade's old car.

All problems have been resolved. +1 for Weeman

ILIKETODRIVE
12-19-2007, 06:44 PM

LOL

Yes, Wade's old car.

:clapper:

KingDingaLing
02-04-2008, 02:54 PM
Yes, Wade's old car.

1st check to see if you got the new ecu you need for the vtec and not the same old one

allready fixed

TTM_SALES
02-08-2008, 11:04 PM
kinda my old car....I was the fourth in line for this one(that I know of)....first Breant and H22, then brent with K series that Hasport built, then Mike out at Johnson Ranch, then mostly back to normal with me, then Tage got it finished.....finally. Nice car though.