PDA

View Full Version : problem, no spark no fuel??? help please

02k20si
12-16-2007, 10:39 PM
so i bought this car not running (ek d16y7). its getting juice to the coil but no spark coming out. there is no juice going to the fuel pump, im prob just run another hot over there. if anyone has any ideas please let me know.

thanks

kawgomoo
12-17-2007, 01:53 AM
bad ecu if i had to take a wild guess. perhaps main relay? coil is fired by a falling ground which is triggered by the igniter. i dont think the igniter has effect on teh fuel pump however.

02k20si
12-17-2007, 07:08 PM
bad ecu if i had to take a wild guess. perhaps main relay? coil is fired by a falling ground which is triggered by the igniter. i dont think the igniter has effect on teh fuel pump however.

im pretty sure the ecu is alright. i was going to buy a new coil but if thats not the problem than a cant return it. ill check out the main relay to see if its even in there the car was pretty hacked. thanks for the input

IntegraDA
12-17-2007, 07:37 PM
pgmfi relay, located above the driver kick panel. its a long gray relay with half a dozen wires going into it.

02k20si
12-17-2007, 07:48 PM
pgmfi relay, located above the driver kick panel. its a long gray relay with half a dozen wires going into it.

thanks
is there any way to check the relays??

IntegraDA
12-17-2007, 08:07 PM
just out 12v power into it and do a continuity check on the opposite poles. i think there is a schematic printed on the side of the relay, if not, google it. lol.

02k20si
12-17-2007, 11:36 PM
just out 12v power into it and do a continuity check on the opposite poles. i think there is a schematic printed on the side of the relay, if not, google it. lol.

cool thanks again

jdm90civic
12-18-2007, 07:37 PM
if timing belt broken bottom end will spin and sound fine normally when cranking but ur cam wont be turning... therefore dizzy not turning.. no spark im not sure on that particular car but when that happens ecm wont fire injectors either if it doesnt see camshaft turning

kawgomoo
12-19-2007, 12:35 AM
the part that had me confused is no juice at the fuel pump.... the pump turns on for 2 seconds, then back off till it sees crank rotation right? i forgot the fp turns back off after the initial key on. loosen the line and turn the key on, that will tell if the pump is priming or not.

totally forgot about the t-belt. lol. yeah you might wanna make sure the cams are a turnin. lol good call jdm.

02k20si
12-19-2007, 01:43 AM
no the timing belt is fine (im not a complete idiot ha) the top of the engine is turning. but no the fuel pump isnt even turnning on for the 2 secs. i know you would be able to hear it and i have it off the fuel rail right now so no fuel is coming out.
thanks