PDA

View Full Version : Pics!! ProAutoSports - FIR Main - Appreciation Day...

SlowCivicHmm
12-16-2007, 10:50 PM
Copied from the appearance forum.........

I went out to the track, thought I'd share a few shots.......

OH that ubber bad ass JDM lip I had got trashed...OH WAIT its not CF....it survived but just got dinged up.....oh well I'll add another for FREEE since for the 20 I spent I can make 3.....hahahhaa

The wannabe trackwhore comes home!!! FIR Main w/PASA...

In my pit area all ready to go...mid day or so.....

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s291/HoseBeee_photo/IMG_0017.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s291/HoseBeee_photo/IMG_0051.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s291/HoseBeee_photo/IMG_0011.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s291/HoseBeee_photo/IMG_0031.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s291/HoseBeee_photo/IMG_0024.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s291/HoseBeee_photo/IMG_0009.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s291/HoseBeee_photo/IMG_0052.jpg

in some of the pics you can see the lip scapes.....flat spots like crazy....hit the burms with it....off track once....never detachted but took a beating....

see the dent on the lip by the driver side?? yup hit a burm too hard and the lip pushed the bumper up finished cracking my old bumper from old track inccident....reason its all taped up aswell...

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s291/HoseBeee_photo/IMG_0043.jpg

The track was fun.....took me like 3 sessions to get the car dialed in...I was running fukkin Falken 912's....LOL the car is not meant for that type of street tire....it needs azenis atleast.....but honestly I should move to R's....IMHO....

4th and 5th session I had a blast...consistant laps (wish I had a timer) carried more speed and had fun battles since I was owning the corners.....and yes I did get owned on the straight....my <125whp sucks!!!

Comments and Flames welcomed......thx for looking...

Now I'm debating whether to do PIR or Main again in Jan.....

BlueTeg
12-16-2007, 11:02 PM
Pir Ftw!!!

Main = Booooring

SlowCivicHmm
12-16-2007, 11:21 PM
we'll see....

too bad both events are on the same weekend.......trying to plan out my 08 schedule, I'm serious about tracking....its moving up in priority....

topramn
12-16-2007, 11:26 PM
cra > pasa

SlowCivicHmm
12-16-2007, 11:34 PM
lets not start this shit again...

seat time is seat time....

LoooseGSR
12-17-2007, 09:15 AM
lets not start this shit again...

seat time is seat time....

You said flames are welcome....

PASA is a hack of an organization which is why they're not associated with any org that is actually respected. Their safety is shit, and do you realize that's why they ONLY run FIR?

C'mon Joser, you know better than that, NASA/CRA has and always will have the best show in town and you can say 'seat time is seat time' all you want but if your seat time is teaching you bad habits, then you're wasting both time and money.

SlowCivicHmm
12-17-2007, 09:28 AM
hmmm do you give gabe shit for running PASA??

how they teach bad habits?? I don't use their instructors....I know how to learn a line.............I do my thang w/PASA!!!

and who said i waste money?? It was a free track day......LOL

Edit: and I never said anything about PASA vs NASA........I just said here are my pics from MY track day......

NASA is great, and I hope to get more involved this year with them.....I plan to run PIR in March for now (no event in feb?).........I'm working on other things right now and stuff and will be making an appearance at FIR Main again in Jan..............

<---joser who just enjoys the sport and don't care about who's who's......I see alot of the same cars at both events.........who knows....

SlowCivicHmm
12-17-2007, 09:34 AM
How bout some comments...

hey joser....great to see you back.....hows the car feel? what upgrades??

cant wait to see you at PIR and tear up some times together....

you guys have ran Main before.....give tips....FUK!!

all hate right off the back......where is the track whore love?? you guys make me really want to come back to NASA and feel welcomed......:roll:

BlueTeg
12-17-2007, 09:45 AM
Without getting into the politics of it......(which I stayed away from in first response). You're a big boy, you can decide which org gives you what you're looking for in track safety vs. instructor availability vs. track selection.

I just think main is a boring track for Hondas. That straightaway is ten minutes long :sleep: and hard on the engine and brakes. The canyon is okay, but nothing special. I don't like running that track regardless of who is putting on the event.
Hence my reco for PIR.

Joser: this is your track schdule for first quarter of 08
PIR: Jan 5 and/or 6
FIR East: February 1, 2, or 3
FIR West (ftw): February 9

:bananaman:

SlowCivicHmm
12-17-2007, 10:00 AM
lol...

well to be honest I'm working on 3 sponsorships...... If they get me tires/rims/my cage put in.....I might hit you up.......

yeah main is kinda boring........but hey my 1st event since 04 I had a blast...

West is the best track!!!! I can't wait to hit that...

Gabe AIM me bro.....slowcivichmm

BlueTeg
12-17-2007, 10:13 AM
I'm old. I don't have AIM (anymore).

PM works best if you need to chat.

Kinetic
12-17-2007, 02:37 PM
glad to see you actually put that heap on a track again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

j/k

props for actually driving that shit rather than hardparking......

topramn
12-17-2007, 09:00 PM
You said flames are welcome....

PASA is a hack of an organization which is why they're not associated with any org that is actually respected. Their safety is shit, and do you realize that's why they ONLY run FIR?

C'mon Joser, you know better than that, NASA/CRA has and always will have the best show in town and you can say 'seat time is seat time' all you want but if your seat time is teaching you bad habits, then you're wasting both time and money.

haha.. taking things a lil far arent you? try drinking a beer and relaxing..

i dont really care if joser runs PASA or NASA.. or even SCCA for that matter.. and being that it was a free event, i give him props for taking advantage of it as a quick refresher to get himself back on the track.. NASA sold out 9 of 11 events in 2007 so a lil overflow to the other local organizations isnt going to kill us all that much.. joser running at PASA a couple times with a smaller crowd could be the edge he needs to get comfortable on track again.. i can see it hard to get comfortable in a track event with 40 other cars out there..

joser, cant wait to see you at one of our events this year man.. as for my CRA > PASA comment, we all know its true but if a different organization floats someones boat, then let that boat float.. and when they are ready to come run with us, they will..

SlowCivicHmm
12-17-2007, 09:11 PM
haha.. taking things a lil far arent you? try drinking a beer and relaxing..

i dont really care if joser runs PASA or NASA.. or even SCCA for that matter.. and being that it was a free event, i give him props for taking advantage of it as a quick refresher to get himself back on the track.. NASA sold out 9 of 11 events in 2007 so a lil overflow to the other local organizations isnt going to kill us all that much.. joser running at PASA a couple times with a smaller crowd could be the edge he needs to get comfortable on track again.. i can see it hard to get comfortable in a track event with 40 other cars out there..

joser, cant wait to see you at one of our events this year man.. as for my CRA > PASA comment, we all know its true but if a different organization floats someones boat, then let that boat float.. and when they are ready to come run with us, they will..

Don't mind Justin.....I thought we all grew up from the old BS on the subject...guesss not...people treat track events like a fukkin religion or something...trying to convert people from drag and shit...or your car was meant to be on track...come out.......ts fukkin BOGUS!! I know everyone has their opinion....but sometimes it best to keep it to yourself so you don't look like an ass.....and sometimes it not even asked for....

and I can already hear the replys.......its a free forum I can say what I want....well keep typing...it dont' mean shit to me....haha

my 2 cents......not shit talking...just my opinion.....justin drink a beer bro....its been to long we need a stein together...haha

Anywho..

yes....after not drinving since 04 I need a refresher course....PASA was an imediate option! why the fuk not?? ..I had options if I wanted traffic or not....

I used the first few sesssions to test the car out/dial it in.......I kept away from most other cars....stayed in the back....by the end of the day I was driving in traffic.......sucks being the only honda out there....haha, miatas where getting scared to see me in the mirror.....haha

Well who knows maybe I'll roll out to PIR if the drama don't get bad........its all about fun....ain't I right???

yosshaa
12-18-2007, 10:11 AM
wow joser, getting back to the track probably feels pretty good. glad to hear it's comin up in priority for you, we need more hondas on track.

I would recommend you grabbing an instructor your first time back to any track that you haven't been on in a year plus. It will help get that rust off a little faster.
hope to see you back at pir.

SlowCivicHmm
12-18-2007, 09:14 PM
yeah daniel, it felt fukkkin great!! poor car never saw it coming.....held like a champ!! I need off the allseason falkens I got though...

I should be workin the event and running one day......so def see you guys there...

I'm scrambling to find a 2nd harness to be able to have an instructor......this past event I took out my pass seat to fit jack/tools/crate/chair/jackstands........dunno...I should be fine.....start off slow....learn your line....speed comes with time.....I'm rolling solo so might have to leave the seat out....

:-(

topramn
12-18-2007, 09:18 PM
have you talked to kyle about working yet?

SlowCivicHmm
12-18-2007, 09:35 PM
yup...emailed him last night...waiting on reply....

topramn
12-18-2007, 09:46 PM
k.. cause from what i heard today, we might have more workers than needed but talk to him about it to find out for sure..

SlowCivicHmm
12-18-2007, 10:08 PM
oh yeah....dang.....I'm waiting for his email......

LoooseGSR
12-19-2007, 07:33 AM
You know what Joser, you're right,

It's good to see you back out on track, and I"ll look forward to bs'ing with you in March if you can make it out.

So how does the car feel? Are you still running the Tein SS? Still have that HUGE sway bar? I just finished building a car, so I've got some tips I'd be happy to share, and I'll be sorting it out in the next couple events.

Anyways, good to see you and no hard feelings, must have just had a bad bowl of wheaties or something that day....lol;):poke:

PhoenixB16
12-19-2007, 09:56 AM
joser you know what i am going to say.rofl,so ill just say it. its missing a cam :)

SlowCivicHmm
12-19-2007, 11:12 AM
You know what Joser, you're right,

It's good to see you back out on track, and I"ll look forward to bs'ing with you in March if you can make it out.

So how does the car feel? Are you still running the Tein SS? Still have that HUGE sway bar? I just finished building a car, so I've got some tips I'd be happy to share, and I'll be sorting it out in the next couple events.

Anyways, good to see you and no hard feelings, must have just had a bad bowl of wheaties or something that day....lol;):poke:

you musta not gotten laid the night before....LOL JK!

Its all good....the car feels great.....needs tires for sure. I'm running the Falken 912 Allseason!! HAHA, I want to pick up a set of 2nd rims and a set of 615's or Kumho MX not sure....funds are kinda low....

Yes I'm still running the Tein SS w/full upper poly mounts and extended hats for full strut travel...

still got the 22mm rear progress sway bar out back, and reduced down the front to a 21mm EX from my prior 24mm LS bar....its pretty neutral...especially with the fullrace traction bar......can't wait to see how it feels with the rollbar put in...

I'll see you at PIR in Jan...yes going to try to make PIR in Jan and push back another PASA event till Feb since I don't see a NASA event scheduled till March.........

SlowCivicHmm
12-19-2007, 11:14 AM
joser you know what i am going to say.rofl,so ill just say it. its missing a cam :)

Brett, you and BL should team up and complain all you want about my lack of a B16....hahahaha

I know I'm under powered, but w/time comes speed....just wish MONEY would fly my way....hahaha

Tage
12-19-2007, 01:20 PM
Its all good....the car feels great.....needs tires for sure. I'm running the Falken 912 Allseason!! HAHA, I want to pick up a set of 2nd rims and a set of 615's or Kumho MX not sure....funds are kinda low....

If you're going to go to the trouble of having a 2nd set of rims, just get R-tires... If 615's are all you're looking to do, just run them on your street wheels. With the street driving combined with track driving you can replace them more often, ensuring you're always on "fresh" rubber. Most people don't realize it, but street tires can get heat cycled out as well. Most high performance street tires don't have a useful (performance) life over a year (usually less).

SlowCivicHmm
12-19-2007, 05:23 PM
Thx for the info Tage.....

I just don't want to cover up any driver error w/R's where I still have room to learn on street tires....

We'll see were $$$$ takes me...I've love a set of 2nd rims and R's.....would just make sense!!

BlueTeg
12-19-2007, 06:00 PM
If thats your position, then ditch your all seasons and get some Azenis for your current wheels.

Azenis on your current wheels will be 1/3 the cost of new R-compounds + new wheels.

ILIKETODRIVE
12-19-2007, 06:39 PM
I'm rocking 615's (195/60-14's) on my daily wheels for a reason. :thumbsup:

I plan on getting some 15x7.5 wheels and running better rubber but not until I feel comfortable stepping up.

Tage
12-19-2007, 07:41 PM
I'm rocking 615's (195/60-14's) on my daily wheels for a reason. :thumbsup:

I plan on getting some 15x7.5 wheels and running better rubber but not until I feel comfortable stepping up.

Simon, when you're ready to step up to R-tire I would HIGHLY suggest a set of zero offset 13x8" Rotas (<-- just because they're cheap) and some Kumho 710's 215/50-13's. The lower center of gravity, wider track, increased overall final drive and extreme grip will make your car quite a bit faster (beyond just being sticky rubber).

drift4agze
12-24-2007, 06:49 PM
what tires are you running? hows the setup treatin you?

SlowCivicHmm
12-25-2007, 12:56 PM
what tires are you running? hows the setup treatin you?

I'm running those Falken Zeix (sP?) ZE912's....

http://www.automotivepartsreview.com/images/Prod/2596/200x200/ft2.jpg

Its an okay tire, performed alot better than I thought it would...had to run real low PSI though...hot I was running 28 front and 26 rear.....car was planted/nuetral as all hell.....I know it needs an alignment BAD!! I did my own toe the best I could by stringing the car....

www.c-speedracing.com/howto/alignment/alignment.php

the set up is dialed in the best I could I guess....once the alignment is done and the traction bar is adjusted proper I can't imagine how it will feel.....

I do have a few upgrades/maintance to do....I fear my front ball joints are going.....so I want a full upper camber arm replacement....and we'll see about either stock lower ball joints or J's Anti Roll Center adjusters...

both are expensive and I'm broke, so we'll see how time goes....

hit me up sean...I need help with a turbo...I'll show you my suspension...

BlueTeg
12-25-2007, 06:39 PM
I do have a few upgrades/maintance to do....I fear my front ball joints are going.....so I want a full upper camber arm replacement....and we'll see about either stock lower ball joints or J's Anti Roll Center adjusters...

both are expensive and I'm broke, so we'll see how time goes....

hit me up sean...I need help with a turbo...

Last time I checked:
balljoint replacement cost < turbo setup

:p

SlowCivicHmm
12-25-2007, 10:25 PM
Last time I checked:
balljoint replacement cost < turbo setup

:p

assss...its not my turbo I need hellp with but another car I help put together kinda..my cousins b20/turbo in and EK......

its blowing oil out the dip stick and catch can...lots of blow by I think...dunno turbo's too much but the car runs fine and idles perfect.....

Sean...

Need help with the vac hose set up...etc etc...let me know when you free..if you don't mind lending a hand..

teamsol
12-26-2007, 09:07 AM
Joser, its good to see that you are back out. I know havent seen you in ages (might remember me) but i hope everything is going well for you. If everything goes as planned i hope to participate in my first track event sometime mid to late 2008.

SlowCivicHmm
12-26-2007, 01:16 PM
yeah sup dude....you had the white EG.....you came to my pad in Tempe, I sold you something....haha....

thx though, feels good to be back....gotta keep it going...see you around!!

teamsol
12-29-2007, 10:36 AM
Yah white eg...i bought some stock engine mounts!

drift4agze
12-31-2007, 10:06 PM
Sean...

Need help with the vac hose set up...etc etc...let me know when you free..if you don't mind lending a hand..[/QUOTE]

i would love to help out. ive been working alot and havent had time, im sorry. i have new years off but im shure you'll be gone. sunday is my only day off? ill hit you up tomorrow anyways?

SlowCivicHmm
01-01-2008, 02:25 AM
hit me up