PDA

View Full Version : b20vtec turbo help me!

EGHatchSC
12-31-2007, 05:31 PM
hey guys i have a b20vtec turbo and it does not want to go past 4 grand, i have no clue whats going on with it, it just goes up to 3200 and has like a lot of lag and stops reving at 4 grand, i don't have a fuel pressure regulator and my gauge says 40psi at idle and it drops down to like 30-35 when you give it gas, could that be the problem??/ i'm running 750cc injectors also, anybody help?! pm me if you guys have any ideas! its got like 80 miles on the build and before it just had a lag at 3 grand and at 4 it would just go, k thanks guys!

@us10
01-01-2008, 12:06 AM
did you by any chance have it tuned yet??????
or have you changed your fuel pump cuz your stock pump won't
keep your injectors going . or another smart thing to do is take
it to joe @ locash or pm him he is in the vendors section......

rudsone
01-01-2008, 12:09 AM
I agree with him^^^

raiders480
01-02-2008, 02:40 PM
sounds like fuel pump...

Vtec_IN_3RD
01-02-2008, 03:12 PM
i would just talk to joe he is pretty smart

kawgomoo
01-04-2008, 12:35 AM
uhh... you have 750 injectors? and a stock ecu? dude you are going to kill that motor by over fueling it. TUNE THE FUCKING THING. pull the dipstick out, wipe the oil on ur fingers and rub them together. can you feel the ridges on your fingertips? if so your oil is not doing shit for the engine, your thrust bearing will be the first to go, along with the rest of the engine.

also smell the oil. if you can smell gas in there... well change ur oil. duh. and then tune the car or take those huge injectors our. run stock ones or something until you can afford to set it up right. just turn the boost down.

call joe.

not wanting to rev is because its super rich or the timing is way off. i would say timing if you had not mentioned the giant injectors.

EGHatchSC
01-13-2008, 02:09 PM
I'm surprised none of you asked if i was running a 3-bar map sensor, i forgot to install it when i did the swap, thanx anyways for the help! car runs perfect now! and the ecu is not stock it was programmed for 750's and a 3 bar map sensor, stock map can only handle 10 psi and i was hitting 20 so it would cut out the fuel when it starts to boost.

92hndahatch
01-26-2008, 07:22 PM
I'm surprised none of you asked if i was running a 3-bar map sensor, i forgot to install it when i did the swap, thanx anyways for the help! car runs perfect now! and the ecu is not stock it was programmed for 750's and a 3 bar map sensor, stock map can only handle 10 psi and i was hitting 20 so it would cut out the fuel when it starts to boost.

i was going to say map case that happened to me too

1lowtacoma
02-18-2008, 02:00 PM
upgrade your map sensor