PDA

View Full Version : HOWTO: Adding sirens to an alarm!

Pendulum
01-09-2008, 02:28 PM
Sorry for the lack of pics, but here goes. I'm not posting photos because I don't want people knowing my specifics.

To add one siren, you need nothing besides the siren. If you're looking to run 3 or more sirens total (Main + 2 or more), you'll need a relay.

PROCEDURE WITHOUT RELAY-
1) Locate Alarm Brain
2) Locate the BROWN (Siren Output) and BLACK (Ground) wires.
3) Using T-TAPS, tap these wires.
4) Using male spade connectors, connect the black SIREN wire to GROUND (Black @ Alarm) and the RED SIREN to BROWN (Siren output).

PROCEDURE FOR RELAY-
1) Locate alarm brain
2) Locate the following wires - RED, BROWN, BLACK.
3) Using T-Taps, tap the wires above. Make sure you do the RED AFTER the fuse.
4) Make the following connections - RED to TERMINAL 87. This is your constant power. BROWN to TERMINAL 85. This is your alarms siren output. BLACK to TERMINAL 86. This is your ground for the relay. I prefer to tie the sirens black wire into the alarms ground, makes it easier. Just take both black wires and twist them together, then add your spade connector. RED wire to SIREN goes to TERMINAL 30.

The purpose of the relay is to use a small amperage circuit to switch a high amperage circuit.

You can place your new siren anywhere, inside or outside. Make sure you HIDE IT! Most installers get paid per item installed, so they will install your alarm as FAST AS POSSIBLE! This means as easily. aka easier to disable. HIDE YOUR SIREN! I won't discuss placement, because I feel that every car should be different.

I Hate Import Cars
01-10-2008, 11:44 PM
Wait, are the sirens ground controlled? Or can you just ground the siren to the chassis where it is mounted instead of running it back to the brain?

Pendulum
01-11-2008, 01:28 AM
You can ground it anywhere, but for voltage difference purposes, I personally choose to ground all sirens, the brain, and whatever else may need a ground all at the same place.

kawgomoo
01-11-2008, 02:34 AM
you can also open the siren and cut the loops so you get custom chirps and or different alarm tones... helps identify your car in a crowded parking lot.

do the same thing with a voice alarm and you can make it speak in different languages.

VTECin5th
01-12-2008, 01:35 AM
You can ground it anywhere, but for voltage difference purposes, I personally choose to ground all sirens, the brain, and whatever else may need a ground all at the same place.

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of this? Then they cut 1 'group' of ground wires and it disables all the sirens and the alarm itself?