PDA

View Full Version : tranny questions?

liddlej
01-14-2008, 02:26 PM
my tranny is grindin when i go into third almost everytime, my clutch is definetaly going out but i was curious if anyone had any ideas if it would be fixed by the new clutch or if my tranny is going to shit?

Rufus
01-14-2008, 02:27 PM
Oh damn. I thought this was a "chicks with dicks" thread.

redwidow
01-14-2008, 03:05 PM

lol funny

to the OP could be bad synchros.

Tage
01-14-2008, 04:10 PM
way too much of a pita to not inspect the tranny while it's out to replace the clutch. I thought there was a recal for syncros in the k series stuff. they're awefully new to be needing replacement already.

fyi - I can rebuild as well. PM for details

JustinD
01-14-2008, 08:45 PM
way too much of a pita to not inspect the tranny while it's out to replace the clutch. I thought there was a recal for syncros in the k series stuff. they're awefully new to be needing replacement already.

fyi - I can rebuild as well. PM for details

His car is going on 6 years old...but, k series transmissions have been known to have their issues.

not to mention, i doubt very many people on this site drive like grannies. I'm sure it gets some abuse.

LittleJ ... you can usually find a pretty good deal on a 6 spd and just drop that in there

liddlej
01-15-2008, 12:14 PM
nice, i might be going to the 6 speed if i end up having to get too serious with this tranny, no point in fixing the 5 speed. i need the lsd in the 6 anyway. thanks for the help

JustinD
01-15-2008, 01:23 PM
the only 6 spd tranny's that come with LSD are the JDM Type R (expensive) and the 2006+ Civic Si (wiring is different and won't work in your car....you would have to take both your 5spd and the 2006 si tranny apart and swap cases and speed sensors.)

liddlej
01-15-2008, 05:31 PM
ahaa, fun shit. well, i guess maybe i'll check out this tranny and depending on if it's ok or not i'll do the clutch n flywheel as planned and just get the lsd for this tranny while im in there. whats the best option for an lsd, quaiffe?

Mafioso
01-15-2008, 05:35 PM

........speaks volumes...:smile:

akshun_ep3
01-20-2008, 06:46 PM
it is the syncros. they gave out in mines recently. i put a new clutch in about 2 years ago and that didnt help.

MindlessChild
01-21-2008, 09:47 AM
the only 6 spd tranny's that come with LSD are the JDM Type R (expensive) and the 2006+ Civic Si (wiring is different and won't work in your car....you would have to take both your 5spd and the 2006 si tranny apart and swap cases and speed sensors.)

I need to speak to you about an idea i have for a 5 speed swap into my 6spd.