PDA

View Full Version : **props to jay (mooshin)**

Golden He@rt
01-21-2008, 01:26 AM
So i picked up my hatch from a buddy and was stock. not one thing done to it but a deck and a sir cluster. so i got the car and it needed emissions so i was like ok cool its all stock so i should have no problem.... WRONG, i went down there sat in line and pulled up and they ran my car through the diagnostics (obd2a) figured no check engine no problem.... WRONG again! before i even got back into my car they said i failed due to "O B D system reporting not ready."

so i went up to the office and they told me my 2 or more of my readiness monitors were not responding. so i was like what the fuck, so i went to honda asked them and started looking around and then i remembered hearing that jay had the same problem. so i sent him a text and asked what to do. he later called me and explained what the monitors were and what would cause that. so i check and it ended up being the fuse to the memory that stores all the info. and by that fuse being blown every time i turned the car off and then turned it back on it reset the whole car! so i replaced it and drove the car through all the driving cycles to make sure that i was running all the monitors the right way and now that i replaced the fuse it would store it so i could pass emissions.

i went to emissions the next day happy that i was finally gonna pass and i could get my car registered. once again before i even got into my car they handed me the paper and said sorry you failed. and i looked at the paper and it was for the same reason so i gave jay a call and he said to check the fuse and what do you know it was blown. he offered to help me out and take a "LOOK" at it and see if he can spot the short. next thing i know he's under my dash taking butt connector after butt connector off and re wrapping the wire the right way.

about 2 hours later the problem is fixed and i passed emissions thanks to jay! i had a short behind my deck that kept blowing the fuse.

Thank you again jay i really appreciate it! if anyone has interior wiring issues definitely hit jay (mooshin) up!

ALLMTR_EF8
02-16-2008, 08:58 AM
We need more people like Jay in the Honda community, and less people that would have told you that something major was wrong just to dick you over!!!! Kudos to Jay!!!