PDA

View Full Version : PHX Cops Kill Unarmed man

teemfedx
01-25-2008, 07:31 PM
Glendale police fatally shoot unarmed suspect
12 News
Jan. 25, 2008 11:52 AM

Glendale police officers opened fire and killed a man in Maryvale after police thought he was threatening them with a gun.

The fatal shooting took place about 9 p.m. Thursday near 54th Avenue and McDowell.

Investigators say the suspect came outside holding a bottle that police mistook for a gun and five officers opened fire, killing him.

Glendale police say they were looking for a shooting suspect, and received a tip the man was at a home in the area. When officers arrived at the address, they say the suspect came out with what they thought was a gun.

Glendale police spokesman, Sgt. Jim Toomey, said five SWAT officers shot and killed the man.

In Thursday night's shooting, no officers were injured. Toomey says all five officers involved have been on the force seven years or more. They have been placed on administrative leave, pending an investigation.

Det. Stacie Derge of the Phoenix Police Department said Glendale police went to the complex following a daylong search for a suspect in a drive-by shooting that took place.

In the prior shooting, which happened in a garage, Toomey said no one was hurt, but he called it a close call.

According to police, the suspects fired 25 to 30 rounds and some bullets penetrated the house, hitting a headboard where children were sleeping moments prior.

The name of the suspect who was killed wasn't immediately available.

In Thursday's shooting, Det. Stacie Derge of the Phoenix Police Department originally said the officers fired after the suspect came outside with a gun and shot at them.

i wasnt there so im not gonna make judgement on why/how they shot an unarmed man. he might have been high/drunk (why would he have a bottle in his hand). i just love how the original statement said he shot at them, thats why they shot him. even though the truth comes out, everyone already thinks the cops killed a crimial (they might have), but not one with a gun!

boostedrex
01-25-2008, 07:54 PM
damn that sucks

cLeAn_Ek9
01-25-2008, 09:03 PM
^x2^

V10KLR
01-25-2008, 09:07 PM
no comments ... fuck up ...

INTEGRA DC2
01-25-2008, 09:14 PM
X2 thats messed up

crzy_one
01-25-2008, 09:27 PM
I heard from an officer that the subject pulled a bottle out of his pocket while being ordered not to move...

It was the glendale police by the way...

VTECin5th
01-25-2008, 09:48 PM
When anything with a gun happens around here, they are sure to call it Maryvale, when they're talking about anything good going on, it's 'south west phoenix', 'near Tolleson', 'near Avondale' or 'the far west valley'

xXHuStLeR
01-26-2008, 12:15 AM
how do you mistake a bottle for a gun? idk but crazy

V10KLR
01-26-2008, 12:34 AM

exactlyyyyyyyyyyyyyy .......

MrRline2010
01-26-2008, 01:18 AM
Rules of engagement even over iraq say they must have positive proof the guy has a gun before opening fire. dumbasses and then they try to cover it up. Sick fucking people. Hope they burn in hell.

honduh_head
01-26-2008, 01:27 AM

for realz

MrRline2010
01-26-2008, 01:36 AM
easy to become a cop all you have to do is have a high school diploma and a problem with power.

crzy_one
01-26-2008, 08:28 AM

so you are confronting a suspect in a shooting and yelling at him to show you his hands. He reaches into his pants and pulls something out and its 9pm so its dark. Why if you were being yelled at by the cops to show your hands would you put your hands in your pants/pockets unless you wanted them to shoot you?

teemfedx
01-26-2008, 12:27 PM
^^^
yeah bad dealz for the dood...shouldnt have stuck his hand in his pocket...

but for the police to say originally they shot and him because he shot first....he didnt even have a gun!!!!!!!!!!!

StateOfMind
01-26-2008, 12:42 PM
Det. Stacie Derge of the Phoenix Police

^^^this lady was the resources officer at my highschool?

SweetNuts
01-26-2008, 03:46 PM
Rules of engagement even over iraq say they must have positive proof the guy has a gun before opening fire. dumbasses and then they try to cover it up. Sick fucking people. Hope they burn in hell.

who gives a shit what the rules of engagement are in iraq. are we living in iraq? dumbass should have listened to the cops instructions and he would still be here.

tell you what when i become a cop, if i respond to a possible shooting call, i asked you to stop moving and you go for something in your pocket, you would have holes in you too.

i hope you end up somewhere and you need help from the police and they hesitate to react and you get fucked. i sick of you you little fags talking shit about the police, at least they have the balls to be out there trying to protect us.

teemfedx
01-26-2008, 04:04 PM
i hope you end up somewhere and you need help from the police and they hesitate to react and you get fucked. i sick of you you little fags talking shit about the police, at least they have the balls to be out there trying to protect us.

that is pretty harsh to wish upon someone...and i would usually take things kinda lightly but you seem pretty upset so im gonna say you really believe this. i never hated on the fact they shot first, but what im upset about is they then try a little cover up and say they shot him cause he shot first when it turns out he didnt even have a gun.

its kinda hard to image any confusion in a police report saying he shot them first, thats why they returned fire. i am all for them and the level of protection/security they offer me, but in the same respect they need to understand they cant kill unarmed citizens and then not be critized.

SweetNuts
01-26-2008, 04:19 PM
but in the same respect they need to understand they cant kill unarmed citizens and then not be critized.

i agree to some extent, i myself criticize them for stupid mistakes but everyone expects them to be perfect. they are people just like you and me. then you get these ingnorant assholes, like the dumbass above who make totally stupid remarks because they think they are "hard" and think its cool to be all "fuck the police." no ever thinks how the officer feels after he just took someones life. they dont do it for fun nor do they just blow it off after it happens. most have to quite the job becaue they are that emotionally distraught afterward.

the funny thing is, most people that talk shit about situtaions like these or the police dont even have the sack it takes to be out there dealing with these situtations. most would deficate themselves if anyone even pointed a gun at them. oh well end of rant. :dumbass:

like it was said not all the facts are out, shitty ordeal that the offcier made a public statement with out having all her info together.

teemfedx
01-26-2008, 04:22 PM
^^
well-put.

armchair quarterbacking is pretty easy