PDA

View Full Version : VIN Required on blocks or transmissions for POST F/S

redwidow
01-30-2008, 09:00 PM
It may be a long shot but it may help with all these thefts in the valley.. If you place in the rules that a vin must be posted, yes i know only newer blocks/tranys have them but thats mostly whats getting stolen all the time. So threads not posted are by that rule it will be deleted if not followed. I'm seeing the same questions about posting vin#'s of the block's and the poster seems to just bump and ignore, not saying they are stolen items but it may be and this is a way for that theif to make a free dollar at some one else's expense while posting freely here. I think i will make my first poll to see what the majority thinks on this subject. I'm one for getting a bargan on legit good items, but I'm one who earns his keep and pays for things in a proper manner. Please help! I haven't been a victum but I feel for the people who have lost cars and interest in the import scene because of these theives.

Redwidow out~

mooshin
01-30-2008, 09:08 PM
Motors from Japan will not have a VIN plate on the tranny or motor so we can't always inforce a rule like that. I do think if someone asks you to post a VIN, the original poster should not ignore and bump the thread like you mentioned. If I see that going on... I will just issue infractions until the person gets banned.

INTEGRA DC2
01-30-2008, 09:09 PM
This is a good idea or i think you can sell without a vin if you have LEGIT reliable papers for one, and i said reliable, i can make a receipt for a motor so ??? good thread though make a poll and see what people think

redwidow
01-30-2008, 09:14 PM
Oh I understand, Some yrs and some engines have no vins.. but I belive you will be able to show in some way that it is a legit block/trany. I have 2 LS tranys one has a vin and bought it from Green leaf. My 94 LS has no vin or no holes where the vin is is revited..ya know..Are the J spec ones like that also?

locash
01-30-2008, 09:15 PM
All motors and transmissions have serial numbers on them, post them.

redwidow
01-30-2008, 09:15 PM
This is a good idea or i think you can sell without a vin if you have LEGIT reliable papers for one, and i said reliable, i can make a receipt for a motor so ??? good thread though make a poll and see what people think

I was trying to make a poll..lol I'm lost on how to do so and where I'd place it..any help on this?:clap:

redwidow
01-30-2008, 09:16 PM
All motors and transmissions have serial numbers on them, post them.

True that iish is stamped on the engine blocks..word Joe

J-D-M-RHD-DC2-R
03-26-2008, 09:23 PM
true that....peoples shit is getting stolen all the time and getting resold on here some way or the other....

i♥myhonda
03-26-2008, 09:24 PM
X2

RhdRicheeee
03-26-2008, 09:31 PM
jdm serial # budddddddddddddd!

jakellama123
03-26-2008, 09:37 PM
good thread :)
save ppl
and fuck over the ppl who steal

Gen2ITR
03-26-2008, 10:38 PM
No JDM serial numbers match any US numbers.
If you buy a motor, keep track of the #'s!!!

Good Job with this thread!

1lowtacoma
03-26-2008, 10:46 PM
No JDM serial numbers match any US numbers.
If you buy a motor, keep track of the #'s!!!

Good Job with this thread!

x2 :thumbup:

Ryan
04-06-2008, 01:25 AM
There is a real simple solution that I always practice in every and all transactions. First anything I sell or buy I type out a bill of sale for each party to print, sign, and date. Usually I try to get a drivers license number and phone number as well. Then before I leave the location where I have purchased something, I take all make, model, and plate numbers of all the vehicles in the driveway or any close by too. Then just before I leave I also get the address and put all this info on the with the signed paperwork. I will also provide this information to anyone I decide to sell parts to for there own records. If there are any numbers on any part I see, I call the local police department prior to agreement of purchase to clear the item and I never meet a seller some other place than there home or I just pass on the deal no matter how good it is.

die in a dick fire noob
04-06-2008, 09:23 AM
yeah see rice that's a lot of work... and personally i just avoid fishy sounding deals no matter what. but i also haven't bought any b-series parts on azht so i would really have no need for it unless someone's stealing single cam parts lolol... but i think there should definitely be more enforcement or maybe stricter rules on selling things... obviously pictures helps since it gives people a chance to identify things before they buy it but i'm all for serial numbers and or vins but also like someone said you have to keep track of your own shit or else this will not help.

KingDingaLing
04-06-2008, 04:03 PM
There is a real simple solution that I always practice in every and all transactions. First anything I sell or buy I type out a bill of sale for each party to print, sign, and date. Usually I try to get a drivers license number and phone number as well. Then before I leave the location where I have purchased something, I take all make, model, and plate numbers of all the vehicles in the driveway or any close by too. Then just before I leave I also get the address and put all this info on the with the signed paperwork. I will also provide this information to anyone I decide to sell parts to for there own records. If there are any numbers on any part I see, I call the local police department prior to agreement of purchase to clear the item and I never meet a seller some other place than there home or I just pass on the deal no matter how good it is.

fuck man you sound like you were in the repo business. straight update information right there.

redwidow
05-01-2008, 03:14 PM
;)NICE Add!!!!

13. VIN#s on motors and trannys must be posted, preferably with a clear picture of the #s. Motors from Japan will not have a VIN plate on the tranny or motor so please post pics of all available #s. If someone asks you to post a VIN, the original poster should not ignore and bump the thread. If we see that going on we will just issue infractions until the person gets banned.

1lowtacoma
05-02-2008, 08:49 AM

ill have to make sure never to sell you anything. you sound like an overprotected Snitch.

I may not deal stolen parts, but i dont need some person writing down all my friends plate numbers and running search's.

JdmMexican
05-02-2008, 01:55 PM
No

rsport
05-02-2008, 02:12 PM
yes, we need all the help we can get. im scared to death of my car being jacked. and its sohc.