PDA

View Full Version : Dyno shop recommendations - please help!

AzDyl05
01-31-2008, 03:44 PM
Hi,

I've browsed through the AZHT vendors, but I don't seem to be having much luck.

I have a '97 prelude running Hondata (S300), built head, and bolt ons. It is EXTREMELY cold blooded when it's cold out. It took me over 5 minutes of cranking to get it started this morning and I can't possibly describe how annoyed I'm getting by this.

The car was previously tuned by:

Inside Superior Racing Development (SRD)
1980 E. 5th St.
Tempe, AZ 85281
480-829-1919
www.xactdyno.com

I've also chatted with Joe @ Locash and at first, he seemed like he could help.

However, I've left messages at both shops and netiher seem to find it neccessary to respond.

Does anybody know of a reputable and talented shop to help me fix my issue ASAP?

Thanks,
Dylan

*inFamous*
01-31-2008, 03:53 PM
for honda = joe.

SRD blew up my car a long long long time ago. I knwo its not the same guys now, but i cant go back

_$krilla_
01-31-2008, 03:54 PM
i know of 2 other shops that have a dyno, but dont know if they can help give it a try, its vivid racing, and the other is mynes performance

*inFamous*
01-31-2008, 04:00 PM
honda = joe

Tony at UMS has a good rep too..

Im such a whore for Joe though its not funny.

d4integra
01-31-2008, 04:02 PM
Joe @ Locash gets my vote; I would never take my Honda anywhere else.

Joe:thumbsup:

cbaracing
02-01-2008, 09:42 AM

However, I've left messages at both shops and netiher seem to find it neccessary to respond.

Does anybody know of a reputable and talented shop to help me fix my issue ASAP?

Thanks,
Dylan

joe is usually super busy. not only does he dyno tune but he has lots of other stuff going on as well. try calling him again. you can check his dyno tuning rates at www.locashracing.com

LiLinsane
02-01-2008, 11:05 PM
If joe is too busy i believe gearhead garage can tune too.

I Hate Import Cars
02-02-2008, 12:17 PM
joe is usually super busy. not only does he dyno tune but he has lots of other stuff going on as well. try calling him again. you can check his dyno tuning rates at www.locashracing.com

x2. Everytime I see him he's on the run somewhere, or setting up/taking down parts on the mill, etc...he's very busy, but he's also VERY good at what he does. Probably one of the best, to be honest. Knowing him, I can tell you this; if he doesn't call you back, it's not because he doesn't want your business, or because he's an asshole, or because you're not worth his time, or anything like that. Joe is a super nice guy, he's just way busy. Just call him after noon or 1pm, Monday through Friday. That usually seems to work best for me. Hope that helps.

Gen2ITR
02-02-2008, 10:03 PM
Joe IS an asshole!!! Dont let the Nice Guy look fool you!
I Love You Sugar!!!

Seriously...We drive up from Tucson to get Joe's AMAZING Abilities.
Joe is 1 of the best tuners in Country. He is truly gifted when it comes to Honda's. He doesnt avoid anyone (EXCEPT ME!!!) and if he doesnt answer he is truly busy....He probably can hear the phone most of the time anyways.

Keep trying....He isnt around til after 12:00.

Good Luck!

AzDyl05
02-03-2008, 04:27 PM
Thanks a ton everybody. It sounds overwhelmingly obvious that Joe is the guy for the job.

I will continue trying to reach him

Thanks again

I Hate Import Cars
02-07-2008, 10:41 AM
Thanks a ton everybody. It sounds overwhelmingly obvious that Joe is the guy for the job.

I will continue trying to reach him

Thanks again

Tell him you saw him on PINKS last night, and his ass looked great. Might help things along...;)

TTM_SALES
02-08-2008, 11:01 PM
Joe IS an asshole!!! Dont let the Nice Guy look fool you!
I Love You Sugar!!!

Seriously...We drive up from Tucson to get Joe's AMAZING Abilities.
Joe is 1 of the best tuners in Country. He is truly gifted when it comes to Honda's. He doesnt avoid anyone (EXCEPT ME!!!) and if he doesnt answer he is truly busy....He probably can hear the phone most of the time anyways.

Keep trying....He isnt around til after 12:00.

Good Luck!

I actually started to getmad at first! Known Joe for like 10 years now and he's one of the best Honda tuners I know. our shop is right next to his(literally) and I could hear him flogging someones car on the dyno all night! One of our friends said the walls were even shaking int he shitter! LOL

cykosyc
03-04-2008, 06:35 PM
Hi,

I've browsed through the AZHT vendors, but I don't seem to be having much luck.

I have a '97 prelude running Hondata (S300), built head, and bolt ons. It is EXTREMELY cold blooded when it's cold out. It took me over 5 minutes of cranking to get it started this morning and I can't possibly describe how annoyed I'm getting by this.

The car was previously tuned by:

Inside Superior Racing Development (SRD)
1980 E. 5th St.
Tempe, AZ 85281
480-829-1919
www.xactdyno.com

Thanks,
Dylan

i went here and they do tuning its called DYNO COMP in scottsdale...there website is DYNO-Comp.com or DYNOCOMP.com

locash
03-06-2008, 09:51 AM
Sorry about the phone calls, I rarely find the time to check my messages, and it is pretty loud in my shop.. If you need tuning done, make an appointment on my website (http://www.locashracing.com/pages/dyno) and show up, I'll take care of you. :)

I Hate Import Cars
03-06-2008, 09:57 AM
Sorry about the phone calls...I'll take care of you. :snookems:

Edited...PERFECT. ;)

Zero
03-06-2008, 10:25 AM
I actually started to getmad at first! Known Joe for like 10 years now and he's one of the best Honda tuners I know. our shop is right next to his(literally) and I could hear him flogging someones car on the dyno all night! One of our friends said the walls were even shaking int he shitter! LOL

I though the walls were going to fall on me when he was tuning Manny's ek that day!!!! i was so scared, i shit in the toilet!!!!!!! hahahahahaahahaha

THANKS JOE!!!!!